Musical Milestones

Deep Purple's Ian Gillian is exactly 1 year older than President Bill Clinton, at 76 & 75. both are celebrating their birthday today!

"Post-War" by M Ward came out 15 years ago today. i used to sing the songs to my GF. any fans of it?

Last edited:
Jeff Buckley released his only studio album, Grace, on this day in 1994

Blur's debut album "Leisure" came out 30 years ago today

they sound like Deerhunter on the opening track!

and here they sound like grunge!

Last edited:
Garth Brooks’ blockbuster ‘Ropin’ The Wind,’ the first country album to debut at #1 on the Billboard 200, came out 30 years ago today

Last edited:
My copy of the new Trace Adkins album came in the mail yesterday and it being a two CD set is to coincide with this year being his 25th year on the radio. :) :) :)

God bless you and Trace always!!!

Holly (a day one fan of him)

‘Just For A Day,’ the debut album from English shoegaze greats Slowdive, was released 30 years ago today

will post songs from it later

Rival Schools' "United By Fate" and System Of A Down's "Toxicity" were both released on the same day, 20 years ago today!

"15 years ago today, I released my 2nd album… FutureSex/LoveSounds. This album changed my life. Every album is a different chapter and special to me but, this one??? I don’t even know if I have the words. ⁣

I’m often asked what my favorite song on the album is but they’re all my babies so I can’t pick. But I do know this: album still hits." - Justin Timberlake

Nirvana officially released "Smells Like Teen Spirit" 30 years ago today.

y'all already know the songs!

The self-titled debut LP from cult favorite folk artist Judee Sill was released 50 years ago today

Wilco’s bold, spectacular ‘Yankee Hotel Foxtrot’ was released 20 years ago today, via stream on the band’s website after their label refused to release it. It’s the Wilco album that that cemented their stature as one of the all-time great American rock bands.

‘Abacab,’ the 11th studio album by Genesis, came out 40 years ago today. And on Monday they’ll kick off another reunion tour, which Phil Collins says will be their last.

John Mayer writes on social media:

“Room For Squares,” my first major label release, turns 20 today. I’m not sure I have the kind of relationship with my own work whereby it’s important to put birthday hats on things, but this one feels like it’s worth sharing, if only to thank you for so many years of support and dedication to the music I’ve made. I wrote these songs when I was between 20-22 years old. The album features a song called “Your Body Is A Wonderland,” which in hindsight might make one cover their face with their paws, but there was such a sense of boundless enthusiasm at the time, coupled with a complete lack of knowing what to fear. Once you learn what to fear - once you start crafting criticism in the voices of others, you’ve already lost a layer of joy in the proceedings. I was sort of like Billy Madison coloring a duck blue because he hadn’t seen one. I hadn’t heard a song called “Your Body Is A Wonderland,” and that seemed a good enough reason to write it. You could say it’s become a punchline of sorts, as all novel-sounding songs avail themselves to, but I as I look back - only momentarily - I realize that whatever goofy innocence those tunes might trade in is exactly the spirit I’m chasing 20 years later, as I continue to look for the big, bold, heretofore-unsaid things. And it’s been so long, that to be honest, I forgot what to be scared of. So Happy 20th, Room For Squares, and thank you, both record and reader, for giving me a life of music.

Forum List

Back