Music Suggestions

So I listened to all of the suggestions. Regretfully, I still don't like music. i tried...my appreciation lasts for only a day or two...then it all just gives me a headache. Thank you for the introductions; but, I prefer silence above anything. I'm weird - I guess.

Thanks anyway!

So I listened to all of the suggestions. Regretfully, I still don't like music. i tried...my appreciation lasts for only a day or two...then it all just gives me a headache. Thank you for the introductions; but, I prefer silence above anything. I'm weird - I guess.

Thanks anyway!
Music is God's gift. I've never known anyone who doesn't like SOME form of music.

Thanks anyway!

my Dad told me something he learned in a phyc class he had to take;

85% of people go into jobs that they have a weakness in.

you don't get music, therefore you worked in music.

and think about that next time you talk to a shrink, there's an 85% chance he's near crazy

Thanks anyway!

my Dad told me something he learned in a phyc class he had to take;

85% of people go into jobs that they have a weakness in.

you don't get music, therefore you worked in music.

and think about that next time you talk to a shrink, there's an 85% chance he's near crazy
Very true...I think the most ludicrous thing I ever did was create daily playlists. I had a list and still had no idea what music I was playing.

Nonetheless, my time with the music stations was more or less a way to reach my goals on the news and talk side.

Either way, it was one of the best experiences in my life.

BTW, I did appreciate and enjoy some of the choices, but in the end...music (to me) is only good for the rare times I can appreciate it.

The best version of the best jazz tune, ever:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWHKKZCuClw]grover washington jr. "take 5" - YouTube[/ame]

One of the many odd things about myself is that I don't listen to music. I have never bought a tape, record or CD. I have never been to a concert, I hate dance clubs, and if I am out with friends at a bar that has a band...I will find a corner furthest away from the music or retreat outside with the smokers.

I don't hate music, it just doesn't really do anything for me except give me the occasional headache. On the flip end, I appreciate music and musicians...I just don't want to hear it unless I am in a rare mood. And the most ironic thing...I worked in radio for 5 years.

With that in mind, how about some music suggestions. I'm trying to widen my horizons and figure out why people enjoy music so much.

What is the ONE song you would recommend? I am going to download all suggestions and give music a chance. (Please no rap or heavy metal!)

An interesting thread Nutz...it's hard to recommend music, mostly because it is very much dependent on the moment.

For me...it's the language of God...the only way I can understand the divine. (yes it's nuts)...

So..what I like depends on the moment.

But here is one...a number of artists have done this

Ready for the Storm :)

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the many odd things about myself is that I don't listen to music. I have never bought a tape, record or CD. I have never been to a concert, I hate dance clubs, and if I am out with friends at a bar that has a band...I will find a corner furthest away from the music or retreat outside with the smokers.

I don't hate music, it just doesn't really do anything for me except give me the occasional headache. On the flip end, I appreciate music and musicians...I just don't want to hear it unless I am in a rare mood. And the most ironic thing...I worked in radio for 5 years.

With that in mind, how about some music suggestions. I'm trying to widen my horizons and figure out why people enjoy music so much.

What is the ONE song you would recommend? I am going to download all suggestions and give music a chance. (Please no rap or heavy metal!)

Just ONE? Oy. Hmmm.

Ok. I found this one recently and just fell in love with it. So, I recommend this one for when you need to just unwind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suggest this

very beautiful in my opinion hope you like

"Moment in Paradise" by ELO

If you do not like Rap or heavy metal then there are some genre of music you like better than others. It would help if you listed some of those you do like.

Forum List

Back