MSNBC Reaches New Low.Averaging 55,000 Viewers.Can Anyone Explain This Liberal Dilemma?

:slap: And remember when we were all laughing at MSNBC when their average share of nightly viewers were around 300,000 while Fox was always over 2 Million? You have to wonder what it costs to air a 30 second ad by this point. Then again, who would want to advertise on MSNBC when no one with any real intelligence is watching. Maybe it's because they have the most bigoted/imbecilic/doltish band of democrats working the evening shift spewing lies about conservatives. And to think they haven't fired Al Sharpton and Ed Schultz by now. MSNBC: Night Of The Living Turkeys.:argue::cuckoo:

The reason is that, unlike Fox News and conservatives, most liberals don't watch partisan cable "news".
So they don't watch news at all? All news is partisan, it's just the way it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is bias in all reporting, but partisanship is reserved for yellow journalism like Fox News and MSNBC.

How is the liberal talk radio market compared to conservative talk radio? Even NPR, which has bias but minimal, has nothing on Rush Limbaugh.

Liberals, for the most part, don't buy into that kind of propaganda. They fall for other kinds of propaganda, to be sure, but not the kind that touts itself as "fair and balanced" news.
Also, radio has even more minority stations than TV. So they are spread out even more.
The only people I know that listen to mainstream conservative talk radio is liberals, who claim they are spying on the enemy.

Talk about nuts.

:slap: And remember when we were all laughing at MSNBC when their average share of nightly viewers were around 300,000 while Fox was always over 2 Million? You have to wonder what it costs to air a 30 second ad by this point. Then again, who would want to advertise on MSNBC when no one with any real intelligence is watching. Maybe it's because they have the most bigoted/imbecilic/doltish band of democrats working the evening shift spewing lies about conservatives. And to think they haven't fired Al Sharpton and Ed Schultz by now. MSNBC: Night Of The Living Turkeys.:argue::cuckoo:

I think MSNBC should just do what they do best, show everyone how often FOX News distorts the truth and leave it at that. Easily done.

Show everyone? You mean BOTH of them?

MSNBC calling anyone out is a joke. Who can believe what they say? They specialize in hate, lying and then spend the rest of the time apologizing for it.

The difference between them is FOX News doesn't apologize for their lies.
Lol! Why do you watch FOXNews?

Because they should be recognized for their role in shaping the political dynamic.

The reason is that, unlike Fox News and conservatives, most liberals don't watch partisan cable "news".

There is bias in all reporting, but partisanship is reserved for yellow journalism like Fox News and MSNBC.

How is the liberal talk radio market compared to conservative talk radio? Even NPR, which has bias but minimal, has nothing on Rush Limbaugh.

Liberals, for the most part, don't buy into that kind of propaganda. They fall for other kinds of propaganda, to be sure, but not the kind that touts itself as "fair and balanced" news.
Also, radio has even more minority stations than TV. So they are spread out even more.
The only people I know that listen to mainstream conservative talk radio is liberals, who claim they are spying on the enemy.

Talk about nuts.

Who listen.

People.....as in more than one person.....are. Not is.

I seem to recall Dennis Miller getting fired for only having 64,000 viewers on average. And that was the only good show they ever had.

I think MSNBC should just do what they do best, show everyone how often FOX News distorts the truth and leave it at that. Easily done.

Show everyone? You mean BOTH of them?

MSNBC calling anyone out is a joke. Who can believe what they say? They specialize in hate, lying and then spend the rest of the time apologizing for it.

The difference between them is FOX News doesn't apologize for their lies.
Lol! Why do you watch FOXNews?

Because they should be recognized for their role in shaping the political dynamic.

I wouldn't know. I don't know what their political dynamic is. If I watch cable news it is more likely to be MSNBC, they are a lot funnier than Comedy Central.

I seem to recall Dennis Miller getting fired for only having 64,000 viewers on average. And that was the only good show they ever had.

Dennis Miller? He never worked for MSNBC. It was CNBC.

You like him, huh?
You're right is was CNBC! I stand corrected.

Yeah I liked his show a lot but could never understand why he had that monkey on from time to time. He just thought it was the greatest thing in the world, that monkey. If someone could explain why I'd appreciate it.

CNBC also had that insufferable Charles Grodin, never liked him. Seemed like he was always on the verge of suicide.

No wonder you don't wnat B-Will fired.
Where did I state that?

Okay. Feel free to correct me. Do you want B-Will fired?
I haven't stated either way.

Okay, then. So, I surmised the obvious. I don't know why you would question me other than to be petulant
I haven't stated either way because it looks like an isolated incident. For that, he should not be fired. If it turns out that there is a pattern of job-related 'mis-rememberings', then yes.

Unlike conservatives, I let the facts inform my decisions, rather than deciding, then twisting facts to fit.

They've assembled a very bad cast of hosts on daytime.

It is also the evening hosts, that is when the most potential viewers are available. The group at night are tough to connect with. They are all snobby, self righteous, elitists.

Liberals cant be bothered with the news in the evenings.
That would interfere with their time in the hooka and wine bars.

Boehner's medication of choice is Merlot.

So, are you implying that an honorable person of color is a boozer?
No - Boehner.

Talk about nuts.

That's a nice anecdote.

Rush, by himself, the number 1 most listened to radio program in the United States, gets an average of 13.2 million listeners a week. Sean Hannity is number 2 with 12.5 million. Add in Glenn Beck and Michael Savage and all of them combined have almost 4 times as many listeners as the next 6 radio programs combined.

http://www.talkers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/audiencechart_february15.jpg

Last edited:

Better yet, show me the dead body floating by. He had a camera crew; and yet they didn't get a shot? Just another story from Lyin' Bryan.
Are you claiming there were no dead bodies floating in Katrina waters?

Not the Katrina waters (though I haven't seen that either); rather The French Court waters. And there is no proof of it other than storyteller's account. In Lyin' Bryan's defense, perhaps he saw one of those allegedly dead bodies at the Super Dome and a boat floating down a river, and he 'conflated' the account.

No wonder you don't wnat B-Will fired.
Where did I state that?

Okay, then. So, I surmised the obvious. I don't know why you would question me other than to be petulant
I haven't stated either way because it looks like an isolated incident. For that, he should not be fired. If it turns out that there is a pattern of job-related 'mis-rememberings', then yes.

Unlike conservatives, I let the facts inform my decisions, rather than deciding, then twisting facts to fit.

I think I called it right despite your face value sidebar protests.

Talk about nuts.

That's a nice anecdote.

Rush, by himself, the number 1 most listened to radio program in the United States, gets an average of 13.2 million listeners a week. Sean Hannity is number 2 with 12.5 million. Add in Glenn Beck and Michael Savage and all of them combined have almost 4 times as many listeners as the next 6 radio programs combined.

He's losing radio stations left and right.

• WRNO in New Orleans, no longer "Rush Radio". They've rebranded themselves as a news and talk station first and foremost, but they are nevertheless linked with extreme right-wing radio in that market.
  • Limbaugh and Hannity tossed in San Francisco, just 9 months after the launch of "Patriot Radio." That post has a lot of other good information about Clear Channel and Cumulus, and how they toss these guys back and forth like a hot potato.
  • Clear Channel is now iHeart media. iHeart Media and its accompanying smartphone, iHeart Radio, didn't rebrand only to keep the same formats. Indeed, they are dumping conservative talk in favor of urban music.

Here are Limbaugh's channel ratings in the top 25 markets for September, and they're not pretty:
  1. New York, NY: WOR-AM is 21st/37 (flagship station for the NY Mets), owned by iHeartMedia (formerly Clear Channel)
  2. Los Angeles, CA: KEIB-AM is 37th/45, owned by iHeartMedia
  3. Chicago WLS-AM is 23rd/45, owned by Cumulus Media
  4. San Francisco, CA: KNEW-AM is 29th/34, owned by iHeartMedia (Limbaugh being moved from iHeartMedia’s KNEW to Cumulus’s KSFO-AM. Darryl Parks’s post on this in the list of links, above)
  5. Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX: WBAP-AM is 18th/30 Cumulus
  6. Houston, TX: KTRH-AM is 16th/30, owned by iHeartMedia
  7. Washington, D.C.: WMAL-FM is 13th/29, owned by Cumulus
  8. Philadelphia, PA: WPHT-AM is 18th/31, owned by CBS Radio
  9. Atlanta, GA: WSB-AM is 3rd/29, owned by Cox Media
  10. Boston, MA: WRKO-AM is 15th/25, owned by Entercom Communications
  11. Miami, FL: WIOD-AM is 24th/33, owned by iHeartMedia
  12. Detroit, MI: WJR-AM is 9th/29, owned by Cumulus, and broadcasts Michigan State football games
  13. Seattle, WA: KTTH-AM is 22nd/33, owned by Bonneville Int’l., subsidiary of Deseret Industries, for profit arm of the Mormon Church: Bonneville International - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
  14. Phoenix, AZ: KFYI-AM is 6th/33, owned by iHeartMedia
  15. Puerto Rico: Was broadcast on WOSO, dumped in 2009, still hasn’t returned to their schedule as shown on website.
  16. Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN: KTLK-AM is 16th/26, owned by iHeartMedia
  17. San Diego, CA: KOGO-AM is 22nd/30, owned by iHeartMedia
  18. Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL: WFLA-AM is 15th/29, owned by iHeartMedia
  19. Denver, CO: KOA-AM is 13th/33, owned by iHeartMedia
  20. Nassau-Suffolk, NY (Long Island): WOR-AM is 17th/38, owned by iHeartMedia (WOR-AM also covers New York City, largest market)
  21. Baltimore, MD: WCBM-AM is 15th/31, owned by WCBM Maryland
  22. St. Louis, MO: KMOX-AM is 1st/22, owned by CBS Radio
  23. Portland, OR: KEX-AM is 18th/27, owned by iHeartMedia
  24. Charlotte, NC: WBT-AM is 16th/24, owned by Greater Media
  25. Pittsburgh, PA: WJAS-AM wasn’t included in list of 15 stations. Limbaugh was moved there 8/7/14, and his old station flipped to a country format

Better yet, show me the dead body floating by. He had a camera crew; and yet they didn't get a shot? Just another story from Lyin' Bryan.

Not the Katrina waters (though I haven't seen that either); rather The French Court waters. And there is no proof of it other than storyteller's account. In Lyin' Bryan's defense, perhaps he saw one of those allegedly dead bodies at the Super Dome and a boat floating down a river, and he 'conflated' the account.
Maybe he just saw some of Chris Kyle's Superdome kills?

Oh, wait . . .

Where did I state that?

You've called nothing, unless you are calling me reasonable.

BTW - have you figured out the difference yet between the deficit and the debt?

Talk about nuts.

That's a nice anecdote.

He's losing radio stations left and right.

• WRNO in New Orleans, no longer "Rush Radio". They've rebranded themselves as a news and talk station first and foremost, but they are nevertheless linked with extreme right-wing radio in that market.
  • Limbaugh and Hannity tossed in San Francisco, just 9 months after the launch of "Patriot Radio." That post has a lot of other good information about Clear Channel and Cumulus, and how they toss these guys back and forth like a hot potato.
  • Clear Channel is now iHeart media. iHeart Media and its accompanying smartphone, iHeart Radio, didn't rebrand only to keep the same formats. Indeed, they are dumping conservative talk in favor of urban music.

Here are Limbaugh's channel ratings in the top 25 markets for September, and they're not pretty:
  1. New York, NY: WOR-AM is 21st/37 (flagship station for the NY Mets), owned by iHeartMedia (formerly Clear Channel)
  2. Los Angeles, CA: KEIB-AM is 37th/45, owned by iHeartMedia
  3. Chicago WLS-AM is 23rd/45, owned by Cumulus Media
  4. San Francisco, CA: KNEW-AM is 29th/34, owned by iHeartMedia (Limbaugh being moved from iHeartMedia’s KNEW to Cumulus’s KSFO-AM. Darryl Parks’s post on this in the list of links, above)
  5. Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX: WBAP-AM is 18th/30 Cumulus
  6. Houston, TX: KTRH-AM is 16th/30, owned by iHeartMedia
  7. Washington, D.C.: WMAL-FM is 13th/29, owned by Cumulus
  8. Philadelphia, PA: WPHT-AM is 18th/31, owned by CBS Radio
  9. Atlanta, GA: WSB-AM is 3rd/29, owned by Cox Media
  10. Boston, MA: WRKO-AM is 15th/25, owned by Entercom Communications
  11. Miami, FL: WIOD-AM is 24th/33, owned by iHeartMedia
  12. Detroit, MI: WJR-AM is 9th/29, owned by Cumulus, and broadcasts Michigan State football games
  13. Seattle, WA: KTTH-AM is 22nd/33, owned by Bonneville Int’l., subsidiary of Deseret Industries, for profit arm of the Mormon Church: Bonneville International - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
  14. Phoenix, AZ: KFYI-AM is 6th/33, owned by iHeartMedia
  15. Puerto Rico: Was broadcast on WOSO, dumped in 2009, still hasn’t returned to their schedule as shown on website.
  16. Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN: KTLK-AM is 16th/26, owned by iHeartMedia
  17. San Diego, CA: KOGO-AM is 22nd/30, owned by iHeartMedia
  18. Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL: WFLA-AM is 15th/29, owned by iHeartMedia
  19. Denver, CO: KOA-AM is 13th/33, owned by iHeartMedia
  20. Nassau-Suffolk, NY (Long Island): WOR-AM is 17th/38, owned by iHeartMedia (WOR-AM also covers New York City, largest market)
  21. Baltimore, MD: WCBM-AM is 15th/31, owned by WCBM Maryland
  22. St. Louis, MO: KMOX-AM is 1st/22, owned by CBS Radio
  23. Portland, OR: KEX-AM is 18th/27, owned by iHeartMedia
  24. Charlotte, NC: WBT-AM is 16th/24, owned by Greater Media
  25. Pittsburgh, PA: WJAS-AM wasn’t included in list of 15 stations. Limbaugh was moved there 8/7/14, and his old station flipped to a country format

Didn't realize liberals listened to that much conservative talk radio. I am happy for you.

Maybe he just saw some of Chris Kyle's Superdome kills?

Oh, wait . . .

Yea, I don't care about your standard left/right diversions. I don't worship Chris Kyle. Bottom line is that a well-known liar claimed to see a body floating by his hotel; and as an allegedly great journalist, he didn't have his camera guy record it? There are accounts that the French Court was not flooded either. You do the math, bro.

You've called nothing, unless you are calling me reasonable.

BTW - have you figured out the difference yet between the deficit and the debt?

(Deficit vs. debt? You must have better things to talk about. How about you ask me if I know the difference between plus and minus next....or would you rather drudge up alleged pedantic misunderstandings some more? There's a reason this is in parenthesis. My argument is practically rhetorical.)

And yes, I called correctly that you aren't for firing B-Will. You can sugarcoat that 'well if he's caught in more that one lie.' But reality is dude's told some tall tales; that's not in question to anyone not seeing this through blinders.

Forum List

Back