Movie Fakeness For Gullible Americans

Raiders of the Lost Ark was a very entertaining film, I'll give it all of that.
But among the phoniness it portrayed, consider Indy's bag of sand.
He saw the presumably solid gold idol sitting on the stand and scratched his chin while pondering its weight. Then he took some sand out of his canvas bag and quickly placed it where the head had been. The weight of the sand was FAR LESS than the weight of the golden head even if it was not solid. Gold is dense stuff! Then he picked it up with just one hand and tossed it easily to his betraying helper who was killed by sharp chopsticks. I call FAKE! Viewers lapped up this fakiness.

#2: Star Wars light sabers
Oh please, laser lights stopping after three feet? And slamming into each other like steel? If they're that advanced, just point the laser at your enemy and burn a big hole in him.
Suggestion, stop analyzing the movies and just enjoy movies for what they are: "Escapism from reality."
If I wanted reality, I'd sit at an outdoor café and watch life go by. Boring.

What is an outdoor cafe? Is that where they bring your takeout outside?

Raiders of the Lost Ark when released made 384 million world wide. So the gullibility seems to have been a global phenomenon. Star Wars grossed even more. What country are you from ?

Gullibility as a global phenomenon. No argument from me. Profiting from gullible people has a tradition going back thousands of years. Didn't you even know that? Now let me point out that 2001 A Space Odyssey
was absolutely flawless, in my opinion. I was puzzled by the ending, but it was masterfully realistic all the way through.
You believe Hollywood action / adventure movies are real?

You’ve lived a very sheltered life.

He saw the presumably solid gold idol sitting on the stand and scratched his chin while pondering its weight. Then he took some sand out of his canvas bag and quickly placed it where the head had been. The weight of the sand was FAR LESS than the weight of the golden head even if it was not solid. Gold is dense stuff! Then he picked it up with just one hand and tossed it easily to his betraying helper who was killed by sharp chopsticks. I call FAKE! Viewers lapped up this fakiness.

Oh please, laser lights stopping after three feet? And slamming into each other like steel? If they're that advanced, just point the laser at your enemy and burn a big hole in him.
Suggestion, stop analyzing the movies and just enjoy movies for what they are: "Escapism from reality."
If I wanted reality, I'd sit at an outdoor café and watch life go by. Boring.

What is an outdoor cafe? Is that where they bring your takeout outside?
More accurately, I believe they are referred to as Bistro's, where there are a few tables are inside, while the bulk are just outside, while some others only have outside tables. I've encountered them in Italy, France, Spain and some in England.

Raiders of the Lost Ark when released made 384 million world wide. So the gullibility seems to have been a global phenomenon. Star Wars grossed even more. What country are you from ?

Gullibility as a global phenomenon. No argument from me. Profiting from gullible people has a tradition going back thousands of years. Didn't you even know that? Now let me point out that 2001 A Space Odyssey
was absolutely flawless, in my opinion. I was puzzled by the ending, but it was masterfully realistic all the way through.
That movie was to cerebral for its own good. The sequel 2010 was much better as it had to explain the original.

To be fair to the movie Lost Ark, didn't that NOT WORK, and didn't he still almost get killed by a big rolling ball of rock?

Are you trying to tell me that Indiana Jones could not survive a nuclear blast by hiding in a refrigerator?

Who needs a refrigerator?

duck-and-cover-gettyimages-515019666.jpg

051fce29-d522-4b42-a850-6279744963f6_16x9_788x442.jpg

Mask doesn't work unless it's a heavy duty medical mask or you're the one who has it.

Oh please, laser lights stopping after three feet? And slamming into each other like steel? If they're that advanced, just point the laser at your enemy and burn a big hole in him
Nobody said it is laser.

Those trying to recreate this FICTIONAL weapon use plasma.

This guy does some cool builds

Forum List

Back