Movie Fakeness For Gullible Americans

ChemEngineer

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2019
Raiders of the Lost Ark was a very entertaining film, I'll give it all of that.
But among the phoniness it portrayed, consider Indy's bag of sand.
He saw the presumably solid gold idol sitting on the stand and scratched his chin while pondering its weight. Then he took some sand out of his canvas bag and quickly placed it where the head had been. The weight of the sand was FAR LESS than the weight of the golden head even if it was not solid. Gold is dense stuff! Then he picked it up with just one hand and tossed it easily to his betraying helper who was killed by sharp chopsticks. I call FAKE! Viewers lapped up this fakiness.

#2: Star Wars light sabers
Oh please, laser lights stopping after three feet? And slamming into each other like steel? If they're that advanced, just point the laser at your enemy and burn a big hole in him.

TV show not a movie, but in the History Channel's Vikings for some of the characters to have been involved in as many historical events as they have, they'd be approaching 200 years old.

He saw the presumably solid gold idol sitting on the stand and scratched his chin while pondering its weight. Then he took some sand out of his canvas bag and quickly placed it where the head had been. The weight of the sand was FAR LESS than the weight of the golden head even if it was not solid. Gold is dense stuff! Then he picked it up with just one hand and tossed it easily to his betraying helper who was killed by sharp chopsticks. I call FAKE! Viewers lapped up this fakiness.

Oh please, laser lights stopping after three feet? And slamming into each other like steel? If they're that advanced, just point the laser at your enemy and burn a big hole in him.
Have you always been anal retentive or is this a new development for you?

Movies are not real?
Now, you have ruined it for me

Are you trying to tell me that Indiana Jones could not survive a nuclear blast by hiding in a refrigerator?

CrispPleasedBrontosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
And I suppose now you are going to tell us that aliens didnt really invade us like in independence day?
Or almost the entire population didnt turn into vampires like in I am legend?
Moron

Well if you are going to demand realism in movies I guess we will just have to shut down the whole industry.
Going back to almost the very start of it there has been no realism. Do you really think that the Keystone cops could take that kind of punishment?
Bond would not have been killed the moment he was found out?
Cars explode most of the time?

I realize that there are people who actually think that some character they see on tv is real. But they are the exception. Even though I don't give a large number of the human race much in the way of intelligence I think most realize that movies and tv are just intertainment and are not meant to depict the real world.

Maybe you think that we not only have people simultaneously living in all eras of history but we also have some of us traveling between the stars. But I assure you it is just story telling.

ET pretended to phone home?

That little illegal alien bastard!!!

Movies are not real?
Now, you have ruined it for me

Are you trying to tell me that Indiana Jones could not survive a nuclear blast by hiding in a refrigerator?

CrispPleasedBrontosaurus-size_restricted.gif
They were made tough in those days. Enough to take a nuclear blast. And they had the radiation proof seal of approval.

TV show not a movie, but in the History Channel's Vikings for some of the characters to have been involved in as many historical events as they have, they'd be approaching 200 years old.
Yoda was, like, 900 years old or so...

ET pretended to phone home?

That little illegal alien bastard!!!

And that was 1982...before cell phones. Like he could have found a land line to another star system?

John Wick disapproves of this message.

White western europeans are some of the most retarded mofos on the planet ...they make our lefties look intelligent ...they make naked mole rats look like superior beings

And I suppose now you are going to tell us that aliens didnt really invade us like in independence day?
Or almost the entire population didnt turn into vampires like in I am legend?
Moron

You calling me a "moron" makes you feel better, superior? Is that it?

You're very sophisticated and successful, aren't you? You talk like this at parties and public gatherings I take it.

At some time in the future, Genius, aliens could possibly, conceivably launch an attack on humans. But lasers cannot function like steel bars and stop in midair.

As far as humans turning into vampires, the Democrats are approaching that today. Take the cesspools of Detroit and Los Angeles, please, where drug addicts shoot up on the streets they crap in.

Raiders of the Lost Ark when released made 384 million world wide. So the gullibility seems to have been a global phenomenon. Star Wars grossed even more. What country are you from ?

Raiders of the Lost Ark when released made 384 million world wide. So the gullibility seems to have been a global phenomenon. Star Wars grossed even more. What country are you from ?

Gullibility as a global phenomenon. No argument from me. Profiting from gullible people has a tradition going back thousands of years. Didn't you even know that? Now let me point out that 2001 A Space Odyssey
was absolutely flawless, in my opinion. I was puzzled by the ending, but it was masterfully realistic all the way through.

Gullibility as a global phenomenon. No argument from me. Profiting from gullible people has a tradition going back thousands of years. Didn't you even know that? Now let me point out that 2001 A Space Odyssey
was absolutely flawless, in my opinion. I was puzzled by the ending, but it was masterfully realistic all the way through.
2001 is my favorite, but its not flawless. The radius of the spinning cylinder on the Discovery is to small to create a conformable artificial gravity. The coriolis effect would be a bitch.

I always think it's real when I can hear spaceships exploding in space, just like I think Bidens chances are real.

Suggestion, stop analyzing the movies and just enjoy movies for what they are: "Escapism from reality."
If I wanted reality, I'd sit at an outdoor café and watch life go by. Boring.

Forum List

Back