Move over Colonel, Chick-fil-A now #1 fast food chicken

The funny thing is chic fil a is only open 6 days a week. I don't know about popeye's or churches but kfc is open 7 days a week and cfl is still #1.

That's because cfa imposes their religion on employees by being closed sundays.

The funny thing is chic fil a is only open 6 days a week. I don't know about popeye's or churches but kfc is open 7 days a week and cfl is still #1.

Nothing like giving your employees a guaranteed day off to worship an& spend with family.

Last edited:
For a healthy alternative to fried chicken I coat the pieces in olive oil and then coat with Italian bread crumbs and toss them in the oven for 45 minutes at 350. Simple and damn tasty too. I have no idea if the chickens were gay or not.

The chicken I consume, is baked.
Generally me too. I do throw pieces on a stove top grill from time to time though.

We have none of those in my town of 9,500 people, that swells to many more thousands on weekends and holidays and 5 months a year of tourist season. We do have two Subways, and McDonald's and Burger King, Taco Bell and some local non-chain burger, etc. places.

KFC closed here about 10 years ago. I miss their biscuits and coleslaw.

Many of our large grocery stores, coat and fry, their own chicken and I think that was the demise of KFC, in my town. There is one about 50 miles south of me. I do love their original fried chicken. I just don't get there. :lol:

I shop at King Soopers or Safeway markets and both have some really good fried chicken in their deli sections. King Soopers offers a super spicy, Chipotle coating that tastes fantastic.

I hope your Safeway is better than mine when it comes to fried chicken. Our Safeway is not only more expensive than our other super-sized stores, they do not coat their chicken. They order it already coated, then deep-fry it. Not nearly as tasty as the stores that do their own coating and frying.

The chicken I consume, is baked. I do a couple of pieces of fried chicken about as often as I do other fast-food...once or twice a year. I have noticed the downsizing of chicken pieces and when asked why they are doing that, their reply was, Foster Farms had something tainted going on a while back and we switched to another brand of chicken. My take----they went to smaller chickens to avoid raising their new price of seller-to-market production, to the consumer. I don't approve of this kind of sneaky business practice. I would rather a company, or restaurant, serve, or sell, the same amount of anything and raise the price so I can make my choice, based upon a truism. As it is, they have lost this customer, even for their baked chicken, which I now buy and prepare myself, which is much less expensive and better tasting. Just time consuming, for someone who also works inside the home as well as outside. :thup:

Speaking of chickens....I am one fortunate chick. :D

baby-chick-and-an-egg.jpg

I think you're a fine chickadee.

Churches Chicken is also great.

Well the increase in business is seen as a conservative win. Ask Cracker Barrel.

Being seen as anti-gay is now considered by all major businesses to be a huge negative.

That's called "a liberal win".

I remember when politicians and businesses considered it a huge negative to be gay friendly. :D

Many businessmen still oppose the LGBT/NAMBLA agenda. But most simply live by the "don't ask - don't tell" philosophy. That's how I go about my business. I don't ask what a person's sex life is all about because it's none of my business. However, if someone came into my shop and started preaching the LBGT/NAMBLA agenda I would ask him to either be quiet or leave. That's my right.

The Chick-fil-A CEO has flip-flopped and now wishes to tell everyone how gay-friendly Chick-fil-A is.

Chick fil A CEO Regrets Same-Sex Marriage Debacle - TIME

You conservatives will now have to decide if you're going to financially support a pro-gay restaurant like Chick-fil-A. (And when DriftingSand gets back from lunch and reads this, he'll have to decide whether to vomit up the pro-gay meal he just ate.)

Apparently you cannot read.

The way they "treat", "interact" with, or "serve" their patrons and employees isn't affected by her Christian beliefs.....she didn't "flip flop" on anything.

I'd like to think you really misunderstood what you read, but the truth is I just think you are a liar.

Nothing like giving your employees a guaranteed day off to worship an& spend with family.

Yeah ... how dare they give their employees a rest. Freaking religious fanatics, I say.

I must have missed the signs on the doors of restaurants, bars, department stores, hardware stores, convenience stores, appliance stores, wholesalers, realtors, auto dealerships, hospitals, law firms, dentists, hotels, motels, taxi companies, airlines, gyms, bookstores, delis, and dry cleaners that said "We don't do business with gays."

I call (left wing) bull shit.

Easy call; it's ALL bullshit.

The Chick-fil-A CEO has flip-flopped and now wishes to tell everyone how gay-friendly Chick-fil-A is.

Chick fil A CEO Regrets Same-Sex Marriage Debacle - TIME

You conservatives will now have to decide if you're going to financially support a pro-gay restaurant like Chick-fil-A. (And when DriftingSand gets back from lunch and reads this, he'll have to decide whether to vomit up the pro-gay meal he just ate.)

Obviously, you didn't read the article.

He didn't flip-flop he was never unkind or discriminated against customers or employees based on their sexual preference. He regretted the stir that he'd caused by their company donating to a group that discriminate against gay marriage.

The company will still hold it's Christian values so they'll be another restaurant for you liberals not to patronize.

Said CEO was contributing millions each year to some seriously nasty anti-gay groups. That was always the issue. Not that he said something, but that he was funneling customer money to openly anti-gay organizations. That means declaring the CEO was never anti-gay is a steaming pile. When someone contributes millions to anti-gay groups, it defines them as anti-gay.

He's no longer doing that. At least not so openly. Chick-fil-A caved under the pressure from all the decent people in America. That's not just a liberal win, but a win for all of America. But then, that's kind of redundant, given how wins for liberals are almost always wins for America.

There is another jump in logic. Nothing in the cited article makes that statement or backs up what you are putting out there. IOW, that is nothing more than complete fabrication on your part.

I know it is hard to accept but the boycotts over his personal statements have won the company a HUGE boon and the CEO has not made any statements showing that his opinions or personal beliefs have changed one iota.

We have a Chick Fil A here and right across the street is KFC. Chick FIL A drive through is packed every day during lunch and dinner. The lines are wrapped around the building. KFC is lucky to get two cars in a row..

oh and the only thing I like from KFC is the biscuits and mashed potatoes and gravy. Popeyes down the street does more business then KFC here as well

I love this,, liberals got their butt handed to them on this one. They tried to boycott cfa to hurt them because they didn't believe in free speech. Now cfa is number 1. Lol

And a big thanks to all the lefty lunatics who attacked Chic-fil-A a while back, only to get their asses effectively kicked by a national outpouring of folks in opposition to their progressive idiocy.

You dopes have any other bright ideas?

And a big thanks to all the lefty lunatics who attacked Chic-fil-A a while back, only to get their asses effectively kicked by a national outpouring of folks in opposition to their progressive idiocy.

You dopes have any other bright ideas?

I'm sure they do, but after this failure. They might want to think about it.

Forum List

Back