Move over Colonel, Chick-fil-A now #1 fast food chicken

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Libs won't be liking this !:lol:

Chick-fil-A Stole KFC's Chicken Crown with a Fraction of the Stores

The days when fried chicken was synonymous with a certain white-haired southern gentleman are over, at least in the U.S. A new champion has claimed KFC's long-held chicken crown: Chick-fil-A.

The change atop the leaderboard appears undisputed: Yum Brands (YUM), which owns KFC and has for years prided itself as "the leader in the U.S. chicken [quick-service restaurant] segment," removed that very phrase from the company's most recent annual report.

Anyone in the northern half of the U.S. is likely scratching her head and wondering why she hasn't seen Chick-fil-A outlets opening in the neighborhood. Last year Chick-fil-A only had about 1,775 U.S. stores to KFC's 4,491, and most are in the South. Yet in dollar terms the Colonel is coming up short even with that much larger footprint: Chick-fil-A's 2013 sales passed $5 billion, while all of KFC's U.S. restaurants rang up about $4.22 billion, according to Technomic. And that's with zero dollars coming in to Chick-fil-A on Sundays, when every restaurant is closed.

MORE: Chick-fil-A Stole KFC's Chicken Crown with a Fraction of the Stores - DailyFinance

The days when fried chicken was synonymous with a certain white-haired southern gentleman are over, at least in the U.S. A new champion has claimed KFC's long-held chicken crown: Chick-fil-A.

The change atop the leaderboard appears undisputed: Yum Brands (YUM), which owns KFC and has for years prided itself as "the leader in the U.S. chicken [quick-service restaurant] segment," removed that very phrase from the company's most recent annual report.

Anyone in the northern half of the U.S. is likely scratching her head and wondering why she hasn't seen Chick-fil-A outlets opening in the neighborhood. Last year Chick-fil-A only had about 1,775 U.S. stores to KFC's 4,491, and most are in the South. Yet in dollar terms the Colonel is coming up short even with that much larger footprint: Chick-fil-A's 2013 sales passed $5 billion, while all of KFC's U.S. restaurants rang up about $4.22 billion, according to Technomic. And that's with zero dollars coming in to Chick-fil-A on Sundays, when every restaurant is closed.

MORE: Chick-fil-A Stole KFC's Chicken Crown with a Fraction of the Stores - DailyFinance

--LOL

with all that nationwide free advertising they got

seems many new customers have become

repeat customers

i never ate at one before in fact never heard of them before

they got flamed

now i eat one all the time

used to have to go to Sioux city to get some

but now even after the protesting the College in Vermillion added one

making it much handier to stop by

--LOL

Chick-Fil-A is tops in my book. A little while ago they provided free food to motorists that were stranded due to a snowstorm. :thup:

KFC is ok, but Church's or Popeye's is better.

I wish we had one here. I don't know how anyone can eat that greasy, salty crap KFC sells anyway. I can't eat it even if I'm hungry.

Two things:

1) Chick-fil-A's food and service is FAR superior to KFC's.
2) I had never eaten at Chick-fil-A until the Owner/CEO stood his ground on the matter of "gay marriage." That's when I started eating there and have been a regular customer ever since.

Chick-Fil-A is tops in my book. A little while ago they provided free food to motorists that were stranded due to a snowstorm. :thup:

KFC is ok, but Church's or Popeye's is better.

I've never tried Popeye's but I used to like Church's. I don't think there's one near my residence but I would eat there again if there was. I actually liked Long John Silver's chicken strips too.

Good for them! Most if the people I know love CFA, I don't know anyone who still eats at KFC. I much prefer Popeyes. That said, I have never been a fan of CFA's chicken sandwiches. It's the spices they use. I know I know everyone else likes it. For some reason, I don't.

Their service is legendary.

I also like their waffle style potatoes and their hand-made milkshakes. Yummy. I'm heading there right now since this thread has made my hungry and patriotic. LOL

The Chick-fil-A CEO has flip-flopped and now wishes to tell everyone how gay-friendly Chick-fil-A is.

Chick fil A CEO Regrets Same-Sex Marriage Debacle - TIME

You conservatives will now have to decide if you're going to financially support a pro-gay restaurant like Chick-fil-A. (And when DriftingSand gets back from lunch and reads this, he'll have to decide whether to vomit up the pro-gay meal he just ate.)

Last edited:
The Chick-fil-A CEO has flip-flopped and now wishes to tell everyone how gay-friendly Chick-fil-A is.

You conservatives will now have to decide if you're going to financially support a pro-gay restaurant like Chick-fil-A. (And when DriftingSand gets back from lunch, he'll have to decide whether to vomit up the pro-gay meal he just ate.)

I don’t really see the ‘flip flop.’ He simply is stating that they are not discriminatory or anti-gay, something that they never actually said they were anyway. He didn’t state anything in that article about agreeing with gay marriage.

It sure does not look like they are now suddenly supportive of gay marriage. It just looks like they don’t want to be associated with being anti-gay even though they disagree with the marriage aspect.

You conservatives will now have to decide if you're going to financially support a pro-gay restaurant like Chick-fil-A. (And when DriftingSand gets back from lunch and reads this, he'll have to decide whether to vomit up the pro-gay meal he just ate.)

LOL. Apologizing for "creating a stir" doesn't mean that the owner is "pro-gay." What an idiotic jump to a conclusion. I am disappointed that Dan Cathy back-peddled into political correctness but that doesn't mean that he's "pro-gay." It means that he's pro-capitalist and wants everyone's money.

They were always gay friendly. They hire gays, they serve gays. Their values on ssm differ, that's all. Isn't the left the group that is all for diversity? All for differing opinions? All for equality?

OIC. Only when it agrees with your pov.

:eusa_hand:

I rarely have KFC, but have noticed that the quality is appalling compared to what it was 20 years ago. The chicken is scrawnier, which makes the batter and grease rather overwhelming.

Being seen as anti-gay is now considered by all major businesses to be a huge negative.

That's called "a liberal win".
No, it's called honestly, something liberals abhor like cockroaches at night. Being pro-traditional marriage doesn't make someone anti-gay. I don't ever recall anyone asking me about my sexual orientation when ordering a sandwich so you're full of shit.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

You're a typical dumbass liberal who either can't read or can't understand what you read. No where did he say he was changing his mind on gay marriage, he just regrets that it happened. BIG difference. Anyway the whole point is that the boycott of CFA was an epic fail.

You conservatives will now have to decide if you're going to financially support a pro-gay restaurant like Chick-fil-A. (And when DriftingSand gets back from lunch, he'll have to decide whether to vomit up the pro-gay meal he just ate.)

I don’t really see the ‘flip flop.’ He simply is stating that they are not discriminatory or anti-gay, something that they never actually said they were anyway. He didn’t state anything in that article about agreeing with gay marriage.

It sure does not look like they are now suddenly supportive of gay marriage. It just looks like they don’t want to be associated with being anti-gay even though they disagree with the marriage aspect.

Exactly, but liberals only see or believe what they want to. It's part and parcel to being a liberal.

Forum List

Back