Most mass shooters got their guns legally.

Americans pro and con discussing their country's gun problems is good.

Progress has been made on them coming to understand that guns don't shoot their fellow Americans.

Their fellow Americans do!

Right wingers, and unstable gun enthusiasts often claim legal gun owners just don't commit crimes. Not sure why, but they are rarely corrected for such a huge lie. One thing almost all mass shooters have in common is how they legally got their AR15, which is the weapon of choice for most mass shooters. Mass shooters are known as Good Guys With A Gun, right up until they open fire. There is no doubt that shooters generally match a pattern, and enacting red flag laws and universal background checks would have denied many mass shooters the weapons used in their attacks. It's past time for reasonable gun control, and only a fool can't see that.
Taking away guns from law abiding citizens will not prevent those who intend to commit mass murder from doing so. If they can't get guns they'll use poison or explosives or some other method to commit mayhem so long as people like you blame the guns and not the criminal.

When we start putting the blame where it belongs, i.e. on the criminal, and describe his actions as the vicious, hateful, despicable acts that they are, acts not to be admired but scorned, pitied, seen as weak, immature, cowardly, pitiful, mentally screwed up idiots will continue to do these copy cat kinds of crimes for their moment of fame.

What pattern are you talking about?
Your OP states "Right wingers, and unstable gun enthusiasts often claim legal gun owners just don't commit crimes. Not sure why, but they are rarely corrected for such a huge lie."
Again I ask, why is that a lie?
That legal gun owners don't commit crimes.

Taking away guns from law abiding citizens will not prevent those who intend to commit mass murder from doing so. If they can't get guns they'll use poison or explosives or some other method to commit mayhem so long as people like you blame the guns and not the criminal.

When we start putting the blame where it belongs, i.e. on the criminal, and describe his actions as the vicious, hateful, despicable acts that they are, acts not to be admired but scorned, pitied, seen as weak, immature, cowardly, pitiful, mentally screwed up idiots will continue to do these copy cat kinds of crimes for their moment of fame.
Wait till they kill lots of people, and then call them bad names. Sure. That should help a lot.

Wait till they kill lots of people, and then call them bad names. Sure. That should help a lot.
Rights come with responsibility. Abuse the first amendment you lose that right. Abuse the second you lose that right. Illegal voting you lose that right.

I suggest we take reasonable precautions for those showing indications that match mass shooters behavior.
Based in your body of work here I'd not sell you a gun.....It does not matter if you passed a background check or not.....My gun, my rules.

I can deny you a gun purchase based simply on the cut of your jib......See how that works?

what do you mean by heavily regulated??

the founders meant readily available and in working order,, not restricted and taxed,,

I agree.

But, they are heavily regulated.

If you want to own one, you have to give LE permission to search your property anytime.

You also have to pay huge fees to obtain them.

I agree.

But, they are heavily regulated.

If you want to own one, you have to give LE permission to search your property anytime.

You also have to pay huge fees to obtain them.
I know that,,

are you OK with that or do you think its in violation of the constitution and should be undone??

Forum List

Back