More "woke" stupidity

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
Big Win for Ku Klux Klan as Dolly Parton Statue is Dead

Congratulations, woke Twitter. You have officially blocked the effort to erect a statue of Dolly Parton in the Tennessee State House in Nashville, certifying that the current statue of Ku Klux Klan leader and Confederate General Nathan Bedford Forrest remains ensconced in its position in the Tennessee Capitol indefinitely. Welcome to the world of unintended consequences.

MY OPINION IS THE TITLE

Congratulations, woke Twitter. You have officially blocked the effort to erect a statue of Dolly Parton in the Tennessee State House in Nashville, certifying that the current statue of Ku Klux Klan leader and Confederate General Nathan Bedford Forrest remains ensconced in its position in the Tennessee Capitol indefinitely. Welcome to the world of unintended consequences.

MY OPINION IS THE TITLE
Was the statue alive in the first place? If so then it is murder.....

MY OPINION IS THE TITLE

countries don’t have monuments to treasonous scum.

your problem is Dolly Parton? Lol

MY OPINION IS THE TITLE

It's very strange that Rolling Stone Country and other music journalists thought it was the way to go in knocking out DP from the running because they wanted someone else in the country music industry?

The days of Twitter signaling can't end soon enough. I like to keep in mind it is a phase, just like with most other new gadgets it will get old and replaced completely. Hopefully, the new will be truly new and improved, and not just new with more of the same.

This comment listed under OP's article is priceless:
"I just can’t wait until they remove the Pyramids of Giza and that racially insensitive sphinx statue. I mean is it a lion or a person? They are symbols of systemic racism 2550 to 2490 B.C." lol

MY OPINION IS THE TITLE
Nathan Bedford Forrest ???? I'm watching Forrest Gump as I type. How Ironic. Run! Forrest Run!

Liberal loons tried that bullshit here when Rush Limbaugh was inducted into the Hall of Great Missourian's. We told them to kiss our collective asses. If Tennessee can't keep their liberal loons in check, then Tennesseans need to get their acts together.

Screenshot_2021-02-18-22-10-12(1).png

MY OPINION IS THE TITLE

countries don’t have monuments to treasonous scum.

your problem is Dolly Parton? Lol
Who was the ‘treasonous scum’ you refer to?

Dolly didn't want the honor ....

Parton said in a public statement:

I want to thank the Tennessee legislature for their consideration of a bill to erect a statue of me on the Capitol grounds. I am honored and humbled by their intention but I have asked the leaders of the state legislature to remove the bill from any and all consideration.

Given all that is going on in the world, I don’t think putting me on a pedestal is appropriate at this time. I hope, though, that somewhere down the road several years from now or perhaps after I’m gone if you still feel I deserve it, then I’m certain I will stand proud in our great State Capitol as a grateful Tennessean.

In the meantime, I’ll continue to try to do good work to make this great state proud.

Forum List

Back