More Proof the skeptics are WINNING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So JC.....Billy.....wtf? Its 65 degrees in NYC today. All my climate crusader friends are raking me over the coals, "See.....the world is warming......65 degrees in winter!"

Zero snow here.....should I shelve my nut sack warmers?
Skooks, 20 foot waves on Lake Michigan biggest surge in over 35 years. Houses flooded streets closed, like Miami

So JC.....Billy.....wtf? Its 65 degrees in NYC today. All my climate crusader friends are raking me over the coals, "See.....the world is warming......65 degrees in winter!"

Skooks, 20 foot waves on Lake Michigan biggest surge in over 35 years. Houses flooded streets closed, like Miami
Your on the leading edge of the polar low... Going to be a rough few weeks for you... I'm getting tired of the -20 deg F night time lows and not getting above 10 deg F for day time highs.. If it would snow it would warm up... Wind chills last night were around -40 deg F * wind gusts of 40-60mph....

upload_2020-1-12_9-51-37.png

The high is breaking down and when it goes here comes polar low.... I think we have about a week as its pressure is slowly diminishing.. This is why Oregon, Washington, Montana, Idaho, California, and Utah have been getting record snows and record lows.

Last edited:
Heavy, record snow and cold abounds, oh my!

Where is mighty CO2 molecule when we need it....

Heavy snowfall in central Greece

Britain to be gripped by a ferocious snow blizzard

Indianapolis breaking records all over the place for cold and snow

Iceland blizzard brings up to 10 feet of mountain snow

Can you imagine 9 meters of snow on your roof?

Iceland’s Emigration Center Disappears Under Record Snowfall

Mongolia – Cold weather to continue -- Temps down to -39 degrees. Snowfall and blizzards also expected

Heavy snow forces closure of two Southern California freeways -- Follows last month’s Thanksgiving storm, which dropped nearly four feet of snow on the Big Bear area – the heaviest snowfall to hit in November for more than 50 years.

Kazakhstan – Dozens of vehicles trapped in snow

Record snowfall in British Columbia closed mountain passes

Blizzard warning for High Plains

Record cold in Pakistan

Blizzard in Vorkuta – Video

Record-breaking cold in Delhi -- 119-year low and more to come.

Record cold in Alaska – You know, that place that’s always super hot -- Coldest December temperature on record. Not just for the day, but for the entire month.

Wisconsin city endures 3 of the snowiest years on record in just 6 years -- Not the snowiest day, not the snowiest month, but the snowiest year on record! Three times in six years. That is worrisome to me.

Delhi reels from coldest day in more than a century

Early winter brings heavy snow to Athens, Greece

348 miles of China’s Yellow River frozen solid

Coldest temperature ever recorded in Greenland

Up to 13.8 ft of snow headed for the Cascades

Heavy snowfall shuts down hundreds of roads in northern China

Snow in Thailand -- “Maybe the first White Christmas in Thailand.”

Greece – Snow Over One Meter Deep Traps Families for 10 Days! -- Parts of Greece buried under 4 meters of snow (more than 13 feet).

Indian state gets its first snowfall in 40 years

Record snowfall in Lapland

Iceland glacier tourists rescued from blizzard – Video

Heavy snowfall in Turkey – 150 village roads closed

Up to 90″ of snow by Tuesday

I-90 East of Seattle closed – Too much snow.

Mongolia – Cold weather to continue -- Temps down to -39 degrees. Snowfall and blizzards also expected

Heavy snow forces closure of two Southern California freeways -- Follows last month’s Thanksgiving storm, which dropped nearly four feet of snow on the Big Bear area – the heaviest snowfall to hit in November for more than 50 years.

Record cold in Pakistan

Record cold in Alaska – You know, that place that’s always super hot -- Coldest December temperature on record. Not just for the day, but for the entire month.

Wisconsin city endures 3 of the snowiest years on record in just 6 years -- Not the snowiest day, not the snowiest month, but the snowiest year on record! Three times in six years. That is worrisome to me.

Greece – Snow Over One Meter Deep Traps Families for 10 Days! -- Parts of Greece buried under 4 meters of snow (more than 13 feet).

What people dont understand is the current patterns are the same as were seen during the last cool down in the late 70's. We have seen this before only this time it is much more pronounced which is why I think were in trouble over the next 20 years..

20200121646_GOES16-ABI-cgl-Sandwich-1200x1200.jpg

You are right under the jet stream and its moving really fast and really big. I'll bet your winds are 40-75mph on the lakes..

Record cold in Pakistan

What people dont understand is the current patterns are the same as were seen during the last cool down in the late 70's. We have seen this before only this time it is much more pronounced which is why I think were in trouble over the next 20 years..

The ocean waters are in near perpetual energy dumping phase (the longest in a century) , which can't last much longer, the big cool down with come rapidly after it stops.

eln-5-pg.gif

imei.png

This wind intrusion could kill the high in a day. Keeping a close eye on it as this could bury the west and midwest in snow very rapidly if it goes away and the jet flattens..

upload_2020-1-12_10-2-37.png

Record cold in Pakistan

The ocean waters are in near perpetual energy dumping phase (the longest in a century) , which can't last much longer, the big cool down with come rapidly after it stops.

eln-5-pg.gif

imei.png
Look at the temps in the Bering Sea. They have dropped 7 deg C in four years as have the temps off the coast of eastern Canada. There is major ice rebound happening in the Arctic. Hudson bay is fully frozen over for the first time in 20 years and its +8 feet thick. Things are changing rapidly.

LOL..

I thought it was time to check in with the Ship Of Fools in the Arctic... The last scientific log entry was over 23 days ago where all non-essential ship scientific crew were removed from the ship for their safety as the hull was showing signs of twisting and possible fracture.

I guess the University of Queensland scientists gave up and their ice breaker boat is potentially a total loss.. But I thought the boat could survive the ice intensity of this warming world...? What did they base their predictions on? A Failed model?

Oh the Irony of it all....

What I find rather funny is NOAA is misrepresenting the actual anomaly in its graphing.

upload_2020-1-12_10-47-5.png

We are significantly lower in temp off the west coast and in the Bering Straights but NOAA is showing a positive anomaly that is not present according to the hard data...

Going to have to look closely at other NOAA products for this same data manipulations to create the illusion of warming when it is actually cooling...

Your on the leading edge of the polar low... Going to be a rough few weeks for you... I'm getting tired of the -20 deg F night time lows and not getting above 10 deg F for day time highs.. If it would snow it would warm up... Wind chills last night were around -40 deg F * wind gusts of 40-60mph....

View attachment 299826

The high is breaking down and when it goes here comes polar low.... I think we have about a week as its pressure is slowly diminishing.. This is why Oregon, Washington, Montana, Idaho, California, and Utah have been getting record snows and record lows.
Actually we’re supposed to have a warm week. I’m honest

View attachment 299826

God luck with that.. We will see if the high pressure lasts that long..

View attachment 299826

God luck with that.. We will see if the high pressure lasts that long..
I’m game. I’ll take one last week of winter

Winning...

Australians have heard so many messages about so many climate change policies over so many years that they may shrug off the latest talk from Scott Morrison about his solution to the problem.

The Prime Minister spoke on Sunday about doing "better and better and better" at reducing greenhouse gas emissions and to "evolve our policy" over time, while also promising to adapt more to a changing climate.
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...rrison-on-climate-change-20200112-p53qt9.html

More winning...

Scott Morrison has announced he will be proposing a national inquiry, possibly a royal commission, into the current bushfire crisis. This can be welcomed with cautious optimism. A national catastrophe requires a national response, as amply illustrated by the nature of the fires themselves, which have transcended state borders and the capacity of our state-based fire-management systems to respond to them.

Equally welcome is the unequivocal admission by the Prime Minister that the current crisis and the likelihood of a more flammable future are the result of climate change.
https://www.smh.com.au/environment/...er-to-your-trial-by-fire-20200112-p53qt1.html

Winning...

Australians have heard so many messages about so many climate change policies over so many years that they may shrug off the latest talk from Scott Morrison about his solution to the problem.

The Prime Minister spoke on Sunday about doing "better and better and better" at reducing greenhouse gas emissions and to "evolve our policy" over time, while also promising to adapt more to a changing climate.
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...rrison-on-climate-change-20200112-p53qt9.html

Lost cause....all one need do is look at the facts to see that the envirohype regarding these fires is just more hysterical handwaving.

The 74 / 75 fires were more than 9 times as large as the present fires. More than a million square kilometers burned in those fires compared to about 100,000 in the present fires.

And the claim of increased drought due to climate change is another claim that is dead on arrival. Observation demonstrates beyond argument that the claims are false.

By all means, do point out any meaningful trend you see in the observed rainfall in Australia and how said trend might correlate with atmospheric CO2.
rain-cobargo.gif

rain-dalgety..gif

rain-ensay.gif

rain-gabo-island.gif
rain-melb-regional-office.gif
rain-syd-obs-hill.gif
rainfall-syd-1840-2020-m.gif

The hard fact is that the fires are due to terrible forest management by green politicians...

#7016: The 1974 fire cannot be intelligently compared to the current fire.

1.) 1974 fire, fuel load mostly from the drier interior of the country.
2.) Current fire is on the wetter coast.
3.) Moisture is intimately connected to fuel load (increased moisture = increased fuel load).
4.) 1974 was a wet year.

3.) Moisture is intimately connected to fuel load (increased moisture = increased fuel load).
4.) 1974 was a wet year.
so how many environmental whacko's started the 1974 fires?

4.) 1974 was a wet year.

Post #7016 is comparing the climate when these fires happened ... and points out the climate is the same ... thus climate change has nothing to do with this ...

Population in Australia has roughly doubled in that time ... and is the more likely causative agent of the fires ... noting your point 2) above ... and playing with matches is a lot of fun, apparently it's a world-wide pastime ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back