"More DHS-funded Police Surveillance Cameras; No Drop in Crime"

Do you think people are going to tolerate a camera on every street corner? People will be shooting those cameras in the dead of night when the camera density triples.

I think you are far underestimating what your average person will tolerate. They will apparently put up with a lot more than we have now. It's not even that big of a deal as long as the use of these systems is transparent and subject to oversight, not that I entirely trust anyone to be responsible with such power.

Perhaps where i live, In New York, they'll tolerate anything, even genocide I'd imagine.

Would this be tolerated in South Carolina?

Yes, of course. Even there people are looking to law enforcement to protect their property, all kinds of cool military grade shit is getting snapped up by even rural departments because people really will demand to trade their privacy for security.

Can anyone have a conversation here?

I'm bringing up Tori Stafford as a "good thing".In the sense that the video absolutely nailed her killers. But I also don't want big brother so what do we do?

I'm bringing up Tori Stafford as a "good thing".In the sense that the video absolutely nailed her killers. But I also don't want big brother so what do we do?

This runs along the same lines as "If it could save one child, it's worth it."

Yes, you can achieve near perfect security in this modern age, by living in a virtual prison. Well not even security, because the cameras cannot stop the crime while it's happening.

Last edited:
Do you think people are going to tolerate a camera on every street corner? People will be shooting those cameras in the dead of night when the camera density triples.

I think you are far underestimating what your average person will tolerate. They will apparently put up with a lot more than we have now. It's not even that big of a deal as long as the use of these systems is transparent and subject to oversight, not that I entirely trust anyone to be responsible with such power.

Perhaps where i live, In New York, they'll tolerate anything, even genocide I'd imagine.

Yes, because it is passive. Nobody notices a camera on a lightpole or a GPS transponder in a car or a instantaneous logging of what one is buying. Nobody sees them and out of sight is out of mind.

Replace that camera with a cop on every corner and what they are doing becomes instantly obvious. Have a cop follow every place you go in a car. Have a cop copy every receipt you get.

It is frightening just how eagerly the police have gone out of their way to enact these new technologies without any pushback from the rank and file.

More DHS-funded Police Surveillance Cameras; No Drop in Crime

Downtown Cameras Spark Big Brother Debate

Search Results for "cameras"
Thousands of surveillance cameras are showing up in cities across the country without a corresponding reduction in crime. Citizens are taking notice of this fact of the federal takeover of local police, and they are speaking out.

On January 8, for example, the Texas Civil Rights Project-Houston issued a statement on its Facebook page criticizing their city’s participation in the construction of the surveillance state.

“As a community, we need to start a serious dialogue about the level of governmental intrusion in our daily lives that government foists upon us without our consent,” declared Amin Alehashem, the group’s regional director. “Government has no need to know with whom we associate, walk on the streets, attend meetings, worship, or go to dinner.”

Even in Suffolk County (New York), we have a surveillance camera on every major and intermediate intersection.

Sickening.

ooooooh !! but.., but it's for own safety ! you should be happy that your .gov cares so much about your well being. :lmao:

Yes, because it is passive. Nobody notices a camera on a lightpole or a GPS transponder in a car or a instantaneous logging of what one is buying. Nobody sees them and out of sight is out of mind.

Replace that camera with a cop on every corner and what they are doing becomes instantly obvious. Have a cop follow every place you go in a car. Have a cop copy every receipt you get.

It is frightening just how eagerly the police have gone out of their way to enact these new technologies without any pushback from the rank and file.

Police are basically lazy, anything that makes their jobs easier is fine by them. They are not a group that has ever been overly concerned about privacy or liberty being largely made up of former schoolyard bullies, narcissistic roid heads and sociopaths with a few honest ones thrown in to make them look better.

Yes, you can achieve near perfect security in this modern age, by living in a virtual prison. Well not even security, because the cameras cannot stop the crime while it's happening.

Come on. You know I'm not built that way .But in this case alone it became a slam dunk.

And they nailed them no appeals well they are still trying but the video nailed them.

This is a hard go.

Come on. You know I'm not built that way .But in this case alone it became a slam dunk.

And they nailed them no appeals well they are still trying but the video nailed them.

This is a hard go.

And how long before the government starts getting slam dunk cases against political opponents by using green screens and other video editing software?

There will definitely by a time when Libertarians are all suddenly being caught on camera committing murder and rape, because the NSA starts forging videos using modern technology.

Forum List

Back