More blatant nonsense from the right, keeping the poor away from their schools

Vote on what, nationalizing our school system? Isn't the federal too intrusive in our lives already?

As for your 50% of the people voting, when you rob Peter to pay Paul, the Paul's of your society generally have no objection. The whole problem with this country is we allow people to vote money out of others pockets to give to them.

Vote on how society is run. Is govt too intrusive? Yes, in some cases it is, and yet the people who say it's too intrusive seem to be okay with much of the negative intrusion and will fight against anything that's positive.

The problem is Ray, you will flip your views at the drop of a hat.

You love the current system because it gives the right wing an advantage, you don't want change because you find it convenient. But then when you find shouting "CHOICE" convenient, you'll do that and use that as the main source of your argument. But here, choice is not what you want, right? You don't care about choice, you care only about getting your own way. Isn't it so?

Yes Ray, part of the problem allowing people to vote money out of others pockets, and YOU are one of those people who have spent how long ignoring, deflecting etc so you can JUSTIFY such an attitude. And yet you come on here now, and you're willing to argue against the very thing you were arguing for a few days back.

Oh, wow.

What very thing is that? I'm consistent with everything I write.

Giving people choice is fine, funding people's choice is not. If I say the federal government should not be buying poor people new cars, you would say I'm denying poor people automobiles.

Why are schools failing in poorer areas? Is it because of the buildings, because of the teachers, because of the streets they are located on? What is it?

For the most part, failing education in poorer areas has to do with the parent and less of the school. All the money in the country is not going to stop that. Where our government is failing is rewarding people to have children they can't afford--promoting single-parent households which are directly related to poverty. That's where government is failing.

The problem IS that the public supports the schools. With public school, once that kid is on the school bus, that's the end of the parents responsibility. People who pay big bucks to send their kids to private school make sure they are getting their moneys worth. They make sure that kid is studying and passing their classes.

So maybe the solution to our problem is less money and not more. If parents started to pay the lions share for their children's education, maybe they would be much more involved and we would get much better results.

Yes, you are consistent.

Consistent in supporting partisan nonsense.
Consistent in backing whichever thing you think will win you the argument, even if you've just argued against the very same thing.

Yes, you are consistent Ray, but consistency isn't always a good thing, sometimes it requires something a little more.

It has nothing to do with winning arguments or partisanship, it has to do with what I truly believe in. It has to do with experience and actually noticing the world around me, realizing the mistakes we are making, and sounding off about them.

Now Ray, if I thought you believed in anything, I'd respect that. But from what I see of your posts, I don't think you believe in much other than being on one side of the partisan spectrum. You'll say ANYTHING to try and prove your side's position is right.

No, what I do is say what I feel and in many cases, provide evidence of it. There are not many advantages to being an older American, but one advantage is living years ago and being able to compare today to back then and spot where we went wrong.

Reading about changes that took place and living through them are two different things.

Anti American schools shouldn't get a dime of federal money. If poor kids want to be brainwashed by anti American pieces of shit, let them pay for it themselves.
More winning for Trump.

Another ignorant post. Maybe, if you had the ambition to learn, you wouldn't be so angry, envious and frustrated.
View attachment 141048
More losing, by uneducated Trumpsters!
Self employment really takes no higher education to be successful…

View attachment 141057

But not everyone can become millionaires, unless of course money goes through massive deflation.

I never said anyone can become a millionaire, just pointing out that millionaires are not always college graduates; evil rich people taking advantage of the stupid and ignorant among us. Most are hard working people who invested their money and worked their lives for financial success.

They're not. However pointing out that you don't need a college degree to be a millionaire doesn't do anything. People with college degrees are more likely to earn more money. We're talking averages here Ray, you know, all the people, not just a cherry picked few.

Vote on how society is run. Is govt too intrusive? Yes, in some cases it is, and yet the people who say it's too intrusive seem to be okay with much of the negative intrusion and will fight against anything that's positive.

The problem is Ray, you will flip your views at the drop of a hat.

You love the current system because it gives the right wing an advantage, you don't want change because you find it convenient. But then when you find shouting "CHOICE" convenient, you'll do that and use that as the main source of your argument. But here, choice is not what you want, right? You don't care about choice, you care only about getting your own way. Isn't it so?

Yes Ray, part of the problem allowing people to vote money out of others pockets, and YOU are one of those people who have spent how long ignoring, deflecting etc so you can JUSTIFY such an attitude. And yet you come on here now, and you're willing to argue against the very thing you were arguing for a few days back.

Oh, wow.

Giving people choice is fine, funding people's choice is not. If I say the federal government should not be buying poor people new cars, you would say I'm denying poor people automobiles.

Why are schools failing in poorer areas? Is it because of the buildings, because of the teachers, because of the streets they are located on? What is it?

For the most part, failing education in poorer areas has to do with the parent and less of the school. All the money in the country is not going to stop that. Where our government is failing is rewarding people to have children they can't afford--promoting single-parent households which are directly related to poverty. That's where government is failing.

The problem IS that the public supports the schools. With public school, once that kid is on the school bus, that's the end of the parents responsibility. People who pay big bucks to send their kids to private school make sure they are getting their moneys worth. They make sure that kid is studying and passing their classes.

So maybe the solution to our problem is less money and not more. If parents started to pay the lions share for their children's education, maybe they would be much more involved and we would get much better results.

Yes, you are consistent.

Consistent in backing whichever thing you think will win you the argument, even if you've just argued against the very same thing.

Yes, you are consistent Ray, but consistency isn't always a good thing, sometimes it requires something a little more.

It has nothing to do with winning arguments or partisanship, it has to do with what I truly believe in. It has to do with experience and actually noticing the world around me, realizing the mistakes we are making, and sounding off about them.

Now Ray, if I thought you believed in anything, I'd respect that. But from what I see of your posts, I don't think you believe in much other than being on one side of the partisan spectrum. You'll say ANYTHING to try and prove your side's position is right.

No, what I do is say what I feel and in many cases, provide evidence of it. There are not many advantages to being an older American, but one advantage is living years ago and being able to compare today to back then and spot where we went wrong.

Reading about changes that took place and living through them are two different things.

The problem is Ray, you're willing to provide evidence for things, and then you're also very willing to ignore whatever isn't convenient for your view.

You've seen change, but I don't think you understand why things change.

You might go to war and understand what it's like to have bullets flying over your head, that doesn't mean you understand why the war is being fought.

Yes, you are consistent.

The problem is Ray, you're willing to provide evidence for things, and then you're also very willing to ignore whatever isn't convenient for your view.

You might go to war and understand what it's like to have bullets flying over your head, that doesn't mean you understand why the war is being fought.
Says the troll who never provides any evidence himself.

An uneducated population is much more easy to control, the elite small portion of the population continues to buy both political party's, an promote their own interests. the cost of an election now is in the billions, who are the only people who have that kind of money. they throw out a bone or two for us to fight over, then do as they want.

Another ignorant post. Maybe, if you had the ambition to learn, you wouldn't be so angry, envious and frustrated.
View attachment 141048
More losing, by uneducated Trumpsters!

View attachment 141057

But not everyone can become millionaires, unless of course money goes through massive deflation.

I never said anyone can become a millionaire, just pointing out that millionaires are not always college graduates; evil rich people taking advantage of the stupid and ignorant among us. Most are hard working people who invested their money and worked their lives for financial success.

They're not. However pointing out that you don't need a college degree to be a millionaire doesn't do anything. People with college degrees are more likely to earn more money. We're talking averages here Ray, you know, all the people, not just a cherry picked few.

Yes, on average they do make more money because people are geared towards working for others instead of working for themselves. But as the old saying goes, you'll never get rich working for others unless it's the government.

The great thing about this country is everybody has a chance at wealth. It's more creativity, ideas and risk than education.

I've run across a few instances in my line of work. Years ago a grunt worker at one of our customers had a few ideas that would improve production and decrease waste. He took his ideas to the owner of the company. The owner of the company told him to just mind his work, and he will figure out what's best for his company.

So the worker went out and found an investor for him to start his own company using the ideas he created at his former job. The new company grew three times the size of his former employers, and it's still growing today. In fact, he recently bought out his former employers company.

Another one I know of is a guy who worked in a packaging warehouse. He too thought he could do things better and more profitable. So he used his master card to borrow ten grand to try and start his own packaging company. Before he knew it, he was swamped with work, he opened up another warehouse, then another one, and eventually had seven huge warehouses he was running.

If I were younger and had a few bucks, I would open up my own company too. I see the success my employer has but also noted many mistakes he made and is still making. It's not just me, but my coworkers and I talk about it all the time. Like the other people I mentioned, when I approach my employer about how to do things better, he told me to just do what he hired me for and let him run the company.

Yes, you are consistent.

My experience is that the more government, the worse things get. That's not just a political view, but a personal one.

So when people start telling me how much better X would be if we had more government, I immediately reject it because no matter how much better things seem to be in the beginning, it ends up being worse off in the end.

View attachment 141057

Yes, on average they do make more money because people are geared towards working for others instead of working for themselves. But as the old saying goes, you'll never get rich working for others unless it's the government.

The great thing about this country is everybody has a chance at wealth. It's more creativity, ideas and risk than education.

I've run across a few instances in my line of work. Years ago a grunt worker at one of our customers had a few ideas that would improve production and decrease waste. He took his ideas to the owner of the company. The owner of the company told him to just mind his work, and he will figure out what's best for his company.

So the worker went out and found an investor for him to start his own company using the ideas he created at his former job. The new company grew three times the size of his former employers, and it's still growing today. In fact, he recently bought out his former employers company.

Another one I know of is a guy who worked in a packaging warehouse. He too thought he could do things better and more profitable. So he used his master card to borrow ten grand to try and start his own packaging company. Before he knew it, he was swamped with work, he opened up another warehouse, then another one, and eventually had seven huge warehouses he was running.

If I were younger and had a few bucks, I would open up my own company too. I see the success my employer has but also noted many mistakes he made and is still making. It's not just me, but my coworkers and I talk about it all the time. Like the other people I mentioned, when I approach my employer about how to do things better, he told me to just do what he hired me for and let him run the company.

But then potentially there are two types of people. Those what want the security of working for others, they're not worried about being millionaires, they just want enough money to live well, have education for their kids, have healthcare, have security etc.

Then there are those people who think money is the most important, and they'll push for working on their own, in order to take the risks, they might make it rich, they might not. They might work 80 hour weeks or more and get nowhere, or they might make it super rich. It's a risk.

But the reality is in the US that it's hard to make it, you are competing against lots of companies, and ones who are bribing the govt to make their company have a bigger advantage. The point I have been making, and you've been ignoring, is that the govt makes it HARDER for the small guy to make businesses that succeed.

These top schools have foundations created by wealthy donors to help students. As it should be. Maybe ask them?
Also ask the student to work their way through. It helps build character

Every time the govt guarantees payments, pricing goes up..
Why is Trump cutting grants for poor students to go to top schools? | Opinion

"
Why Is Trump Stopping Poor Students From Going to Top Schools?"

"The Administration’s education budget slashes $150 billion in federal student aid over 10 years. This move would cut by half our federal Work-Study program, which helps 675,000 students support themselves through college every year. "

Basically Trump put DeVos in charge at "education" and she's a proponent of school vouchers. Now, for me, school vouchers are just a way of taking money out of schools and giving it to rich people. But the right say it's all about CHOICE. The same people will then dismiss choice elsewhere, and ignore the fact that the UK manages to give choice to kids to go to schools they want to go to WITHOUT school vouchers.

Now, they want choice with school vouchers, and yet.... they're taking away money from poorer kids to go to college. Oh, so, what, wait.... universities will only be for rich kids, so it will benefit the rich and mean they can get the levels of education needed to get higher paid jobs....

Oh, I see, they're preventing choice, once again.

A leader elected not by choice of the people, but by the system, is making sure poorer people don't get to go to school.

Yes, you are consistent.

My experience is that the more government, the worse things get. That's not just a political view, but a personal one.

So when people start telling me how much better X would be if we had more government, I immediately reject it because no matter how much better things seem to be in the beginning, it ends up being worse off in the end.

Now here's the funny thing Ray, and the reason why I'm getting exceedingly frustrated. You say the govt doesn't do anything good. You say this and I hear "the govt is broken, there's a problem" and yet every time I talk to you about fixing the govt you say "nah, nothing wrong with the govt, keep it as it is".

How on earth do you fit those two opposing arguments together inside your "consistent" head?

These top schools have foundations created by wealthy donors to help students. As it should be. Maybe ask them?

"

"The Administration’s education budget slashes $150 billion in federal student aid over 10 years. This move would cut by half our federal Work-Study program, which helps 675,000 students support themselves through college every year. "

Basically Trump put DeVos in charge at "education" and she's a proponent of school vouchers. Now, for me, school vouchers are just a way of taking money out of schools and giving it to rich people. But the right say it's all about CHOICE. The same people will then dismiss choice elsewhere, and ignore the fact that the UK manages to give choice to kids to go to schools they want to go to WITHOUT school vouchers.

Now, they want choice with school vouchers, and yet.... they're taking away money from poorer kids to go to college. Oh, so, what, wait.... universities will only be for rich kids, so it will benefit the rich and mean they can get the levels of education needed to get higher paid jobs....

A leader elected not by choice of the people, but by the system, is making sure poorer people don't get to go to school.

Then maybe the govt should run some cheaper universities in order to put some of these students through.

What!?! Massive govt makes it harder to reach the American dream?? You are finally getting it.

But then potentially there are two types of people. Those what want the security of working for others, they're not worried about being millionaires, they just want enough money to live well, have education for their kids, have healthcare, have security etc.

Then there are those people who think money is the most important, and they'll push for working on their own, in order to take the risks, they might make it rich, they might not. They might work 80 hour weeks or more and get nowhere, or they might make it super rich. It's a risk.

But the reality is in the US that it's hard to make it, you are competing against lots of companies, and ones who are bribing the govt to make their company have a bigger advantage. The point I have been making, and you've been ignoring, is that the govt makes it HARDER for the small guy to make businesses that succeed.

There are cheaper, good schools. What in the world do you mean?

"

Then maybe the govt should run some cheaper universities in order to put some of these students through.

What!?! Massive govt makes it harder to reach the American dream?? You are finally getting it.

Or, perhaps it's just that you don't actually know what I'm thinking. Too many people just jump to too many conclusions.

There are cheaper, good schools. What in the world do you mean?

"

What I mean is the govt spends all this money on sending kids to private universities, why not just set up govt universities and send them there instead, if there's a problem with universities charging too much so they can have a football team and a million golf carts.

I knew it was too good to be true...
Now, if someone really wants to go to college, then they will find a way. Working hard for something helps build character, and life skills. Having it handed to you on a platter does nothing for most.
And there is a site than can match you with thousands of grants and scholarships out there. If one just works hard to find a way, they will find out about it.

Christopher Gray's Scholly App Is Bringing Millions of Dollars to College Students in Need | Innovation | Smithsonian

Or, perhaps it's just that you don't actually know what I'm thinking. Too many people just jump to too many conclusions.

The right is all about fucking over the poor.

Depends on the poor...

d360a9187f6096401978210ac013f335--the-beverly-hillbillies-hillbilly.jpg
She was poh, but bountiful...

Now, if someone really wants to go to college, then they will find a way. Working hard for something helps build character, and life skills. Having it handed to you on a platter does nothing for most.
And there is a site than can match you with thousands of grants and scholarships out there. If one just works hard to find a way, they will find out about it.

Christopher Gray's Scholly App Is Bringing Millions of Dollars to College Students in Need | Innovation | Smithsonian

Ah, so the rich don't need to build character, but the poor do. Great.

Let's just take EVERYTHING away from poor people, make sure they can't get housing, make sure they can't get jobs, make sure they ca't get healthcare, or education, it'll build FUCKING CHARACTER, and they can go to the army and get their legs blow off because it BUILDS FUCKING CHARACTER...

Where did I state that? If you will note I stated most having it handed to them will not appreciate it as much.
I know my kids worked hard in school to receive scholarships because they were told they would need to find their own way. They did, also worked and are successes today. And did it without loans. And take nothing for granted.
Wow, such an emotional outburst. If you had taken the time to read my link...

Ah, so the rich don't need to build character, but the poor do. Great.

Let's just take EVERYTHING away from poor people, make sure they can't get housing, make sure they can't get jobs, make sure they ca't get healthcare, or education, it'll build FUCKING CHARACTER, and they can go to the army and get their legs blow off because it BUILDS FUCKING CHARACTER...

Forum List

Back