Mopeds?

th

Having been around for decades, Puch is one of the most dependable built.

That Honda Elite appears to be amazing. All of that with only 106cc's.

A "moped" is, by definition, a motorized bicycle - i.e., something that can be propelled by pedaling, as well as a motor.

Does anyone still sell one of these in the U.S.?

th

Having been around for decades, Puch is one of the most dependable built.

The Puch!

You-cant-handle-the-truth.jpg

You can't handle the Puch!

Puch are great little peds...motobycaines (sp) too.

If you have hills, you'll be a' peddlin' tho.

I think the little Puch I had was like 35 cc.

(a) What city would that be? Vatican?

(b) A 250cc conventional scooter gets over 100mpg, and can be had used for a couple hundred bucks. How economical do you want to be?

I have a cheap chinese scooter right now...gave a couple hundred for it and ride it around town to run errands and such.

DO NOT buy a chinese scooter...they are disposable junkers that are next to impossible to get parts for.

Are you a woman?

Men don't drive mopeds.

I see them down in the city and I just want to save some gas.

Of course.

Just be sure to get a new purse to match your helmet.

:lol:

Don't listen to him...:lol:

Whatever gets your knees in the breeze is awesome.

I've had mopeds, scooters, dirt bikes, cruisers, crotch rockets, atvs...they're all fun to ride.

We once converted a bicycle to power assisted motor-bike with a weed eater motor and roller wheel mounted above the rear tire.

Google it, works great on flat ground, pedal to help it up hill.

What kind of moped could I get today and which one could you recommend?

I use a small Honda Spacy.
Your helmet fits in a compartment under the seat and it runs forever on a tiny tank of gas.
Servicing is very cheap and very easy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9AF4MYrMNc]Honda Spacy Helm in PGM-FI Review & Test Ride - YouTube[/ame]

I have a car as family transport but I use the bike far more often as I see no point dragging a load of metal around when the bike is far faster in traffic and is easier to park.

What kind of moped could I get today and which one could you recommend?

Are you a woman?

Men don't drive mopeds.

I guess if one is insecure that could cause a problem for them. I wouldn't mind having a 350cc AJS or Velocette. If I decided that I needed something larger it either could be traded for a couple of rice rockets or a couple of HD's. I guess there are some that just require something large.
FYI a G.4 is a small British sports car with a 1500cc push rod engine and weight 1040 lbs. on a road course it will take most Porsche 6 cylinders and Trans-am cars.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back