Mondaire Jones: Manchin ‘Would Rather Preserve Jim Crow’ For Bipartisanship

Manchin is the best Democrat in Congress.

Really? Please explain why.

I have relatives from his hometown and I know some of his relatives. They are all Republicans and they like him. He has done a lot for WV and the people in the state trust him. WV is heavily Republican. I have met and talked with him when he spoke at two of my military reunions when he was a Governor and as a Senator.I like him.

Yeah, Republicans should like him.

Why is Moscow Manchin helping Republicans destroy democracy? Putin must love him.
tick-tock Joe will switch to the party where he is welcome, where he represents the WV voters who rejected Xiden, where Xiden only got 29% of the vote.
Come on over Joe! Welcome to the GOP!!

Shame on Manchin! Is he working for Trump? Has he been to Mar-a-Largo to kiss the ring?

View attachment 498191

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) on Sunday said he won’t vote for his party’s For the People Act, a bill focused on expanding voting rights. His decision all but dooms Democrats’ push for comprehensive election reform.

In an opinion piece published in the Charleston Gazette-Mail, Manchin criticized the bill as “partisan” and suggested he would only support legislation that garnered Republican support.

“I believe that partisan voting legislation will destroy the already weakening binds of our democracy, and for that reason, I will vote against the For the People Act,” Manchin wrote.

But he's like the great maverick mccain, stepping across the aisle and reaching out with a loving hand, that the left just couldnt quit tripping over. Now, those same liberal media are lashing out ready to burn him at the stake? Lol.

Joe Manchin is truly caught between Scylla and Charybdis. I understand the anger that many liberals feel toward Manchin because I too support the passage of the For the People Act. I also think that the filibuster is on it’s last legs as if the Democrats don’t end it, the Republicans will.

Manchin barely won his Senate seat in 2018 with 49.6% of the vote. He has always been a conservative Democrat but not in the Dixiecrat sense.

It would be foolish for the Democrats to chase him out of the party. His voice is needed though I do disagree with him on these issues. It is better to control the Senate and the Senate agenda than not.

The freshman congressman ripped into the West Virginia senator’s op-ed, in which he said he would vote against Democrats’ elections reform bill.

Rep. Mondaire Jones (D-N.Y.) responded Sunday to Sen. Joe Manchin, who said he would vote against a timely elections reform bill, describing the West Virginia Democrat as someone who “would rather preserve Jim Crow” under the excuse of bipartisanship.

Speaking to MSNBC’s Ali Velshi, Jones tore into Manchin’s opinion piece published Sunday morning in the Charleston Gazette-Mail, in which the moderate said he wouldn’t vote for his party’s For the People Act because it does not have the support of Republicans.

“I don’t know where to begin. It is, in the first case, intellectually unserious,” Jones said, continuing: “It is also the case that this idea of bipartisanship is not something that should have inherent value when the other side is actively working to dismantle our democracy.”

Manchin deserves to be ripped. He's as much an enemy of democracy as the House and Senate Republicans. I don't know what team he's playing for - but it certainly isn't the democracy team. Does Manchin have a brain tumor, or what?
Finally a democrat that can see the traitorous ways of your party.

Rachel Maddow shares details from a new poll that shows West Virginia voters of all political stripes are very supportive of the For The People Act to protect voting rights, which makes it all the more odd that Senator Joe Manchin, who represents West Virginia, does not.

Rachel Maddow shares details from a new poll that shows West Virginia voters of all political stripes are very supportive of the For The People Act to protect voting rights, which makes it all the more odd that Senator Joe Manchin, who represents West Virginia, does not.

Bullshit fake poll. Show us the methodology and the questions asked. A lot of people have no idea what that bill contains or even know it is a bill.

The freshman congressman ripped into the West Virginia senator’s op-ed, in which he said he would vote against Democrats’ elections reform bill.

Rep. Mondaire Jones (D-N.Y.) responded Sunday to Sen. Joe Manchin, who said he would vote against a timely elections reform bill, describing the West Virginia Democrat as someone who “would rather preserve Jim Crow” under the excuse of bipartisanship.

Speaking to MSNBC’s Ali Velshi, Jones tore into Manchin’s opinion piece published Sunday morning in the Charleston Gazette-Mail, in which the moderate said he wouldn’t vote for his party’s For the People Act because it does not have the support of Republicans.

“I don’t know where to begin. It is, in the first case, intellectually unserious,” Jones said, continuing: “It is also the case that this idea of bipartisanship is not something that should have inherent value when the other side is actively working to dismantle our democracy.”

Manchin deserves to be ripped. He's as much an enemy of democracy as the House and Senate Republicans. I don't know what team he's playing for - but it certainly isn't the democracy team. Does Manchin have a brain tumor, or what?
That stands to reason since the democrats are the ones who introduced Jim Crow laws to begin with. Own it moron--you make it--you eat it.

That stands to reason since the democrats are the ones who introduced Jim Crow laws to begin with. Own it moron--you make it--you eat it.

Funny. All those old racists switched to the Republican Party. Google it...

Don't, it is a conspiracy theory.

Bullshit--Google Robert Byrd--democratic congressman, senator AND Grand Dragon of the KKK who was eulogized by none other than your demented messiah, China Joe Biden. Google it.

Team. Yeah. :rolleyes:

Maybe Manchin is actually looking at things from a broader perspective. Maybe you're confused because he's not a partisan.

Or maybe he's just an obstructionist douchebag. Either way, I'm glad he has his finger in the dam.

Manchin is the best Democrat in Congress.

Really? Please explain why.

I have relatives from his hometown and I know some of his relatives. They are all Republicans and they like him. He has done a lot for WV and the people in the state trust him. WV is heavily Republican. I have met and talked with him when he spoke at two of my military reunions when he was a Governor and as a Senator.I like him.

Yeah, Republicans should like him.
So should Democrats. You'll thank him the next time Republicans are in power. Assuming he holds firm on the filibuster.

I thought OUR congressmen and senators were tasked with playing for TEAM AMERICA--not team democrat or republican. Take your partisan shit down the road moron. How's that commie thing working for you.

The democrats and the MSM don't like Joe Manchin, so he's thinking about retiring.
Enjoy your retirement Joe, you earned it.

Bullshit--Google Robert Byrd--democratic congressman, senator AND Grand Dragon of the KKK who was eulogized by none other than your demented messiah, China Joe Biden. Google it.

Funny. You obviously don't know anything about the racial evolution of Robert Byrd. Google it...

Funny. You obviously don't know anything about the racial evolution of Robert Byrd. Google it...
Funny you guys try to change the narrative to fit your needs. What happened to "Once a racist, always a racist." Hypocrite.

Funny how you chose to ignore the fact that China Joe eulogized the racist.

Forum List

Back