Mondaire Jones: Manchin ‘Would Rather Preserve Jim Crow’ For Bipartisanship

Manchin needs to switch parties to the GOP. The people in WV are not democrats.

Yes, and all Republicans that are too scared of being primaried to vote their conscience should be offered the Democratic party nomination - if they're from a district that's unlikely to ever elect a liberal, if they start voting their conscience, and if they get primaried.

The traditional Republicans would slaughter the Qunatic Republicans in a general election!

Let Politics make strange bedfellows!
Trump is still viewed positively by 87% of Republicans.
That would climb to 100% if compared to ANY democrat.
If Trump runs for the House in 2022 in FL, and wins, he would be elected Speaker of the House easily.
Just imagine the payback he could sling, from impeachments, to investigations, to all manner of America First policies.

Unless the Democrats held on to the House, which is very likely.

Then Trump would be reduced to a lowly freshmen Congressman with no more importance that of Greene.

His ego wouldn't stand it.
Research what will happen to the democrat's 5-seat House majority.
1. mid-terms normally mean the out party gains about 25-seats. Remember Obama's "shellacking"?
2. Re-districting from the 2020 census also benefits Republicans

As for Trump, he would run for speaker, and win, freshman or not.
He could even run for speaker not even being elected to the House.
That'd set the dems up for 22 nicely. It's probably 50-50 right now for the dems in the senate in 2024 the dems have a tough map.

Manchin is sane

Thank god

I'm an independent, but getting into an arms race of who can break up states faster and change election laws faster is just indefensible

1623097534697.png

WASHINGTON (AP) — Bracing for political trouble, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer warned Democratic colleagues that June will “test our resolve” as senators return Monday to consider infrastructure, voting rights and other stalled-out priorities at a crucial moment in Congress.

TICK TOCK: DEM AGENDA STUCK IN NEUTRAL

Shame on Manchin! What he wants is not what most Americans want.

The freshman congressman ripped into the West Virginia senator’s op-ed, in which he said he would vote against Democrats’ elections reform bill.

Rep. Mondaire Jones (D-N.Y.) responded Sunday to Sen. Joe Manchin, who said he would vote against a timely elections reform bill, describing the West Virginia Democrat as someone who “would rather preserve Jim Crow” under the excuse of bipartisanship.

Speaking to MSNBC’s Ali Velshi, Jones tore into Manchin’s opinion piece published Sunday morning in the Charleston Gazette-Mail, in which the moderate said he wouldn’t vote for his party’s For the People Act because it does not have the support of Republicans.

“I don’t know where to begin. It is, in the first case, intellectually unserious,” Jones said, continuing: “It is also the case that this idea of bipartisanship is not something that should have inherent value when the other side is actively working to dismantle our democracy.”

Manchin deserves to be ripped. He's as much an enemy of democracy as the House and Senate Republicans. I don't know what team he's playing for - but it certainly isn't the democracy team. Does Manchin have a brain tumor, or what?
It has nothing to do with Jim Crow. Shill fail.

Shame on Manchin! Is he working for Trump? Has he been to Mar-a-Largo to kiss the ring?

View attachment 498191

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) on Sunday said he won’t vote for his party’s For the People Act, a bill focused on expanding voting rights. His decision all but dooms Democrats’ push for comprehensive election reform.

In an opinion piece published in the Charleston Gazette-Mail, Manchin criticized the bill as “partisan” and suggested he would only support legislation that garnered Republican support.

“I believe that partisan voting legislation will destroy the already weakening binds of our democracy, and for that reason, I will vote against the For the People Act,” Manchin wrote.

Joe without a helmet LOL!!

The freshman congressman ripped into the West Virginia senator’s op-ed, in which he said he would vote against Democrats’ elections reform bill.

Rep. Mondaire Jones (D-N.Y.) responded Sunday to Sen. Joe Manchin, who said he would vote against a timely elections reform bill, describing the West Virginia Democrat as someone who “would rather preserve Jim Crow” under the excuse of bipartisanship.

Speaking to MSNBC’s Ali Velshi, Jones tore into Manchin’s opinion piece published Sunday morning in the Charleston Gazette-Mail, in which the moderate said he wouldn’t vote for his party’s For the People Act because it does not have the support of Republicans.

“I don’t know where to begin. It is, in the first case, intellectually unserious,” Jones said, continuing: “It is also the case that this idea of bipartisanship is not something that should have inherent value when the other side is actively working to dismantle our democracy.”

Manchin deserves to be ripped. He's as much an enemy of democracy as the House and Senate Republicans. I don't know what team he's playing for - but it certainly isn't the democracy team. Does Manchin have a brain tumor, or what?
well Jim crow was a democrat party creation

And Biden was in government for 25% of American history

View attachment 498363

WASHINGTON (AP) — Bracing for political trouble, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer warned Democratic colleagues that June will “test our resolve” as senators return Monday to consider infrastructure, voting rights and other stalled-out priorities at a crucial moment in Congress.

Most Americans want tighter voting restrictions, voter id's... etc

Other than felons votings. Any restrictions they're basically for. No one trusts the elections on either side.

well Jim crow was a democrat party creation

And Biden was in government for 25% of American history

Damn is joe old or is our nation young

View attachment 498363

Fuck you, Chuck

Wait until the audits show that Biden "won" by cheating

View attachment 498363

Fuck you, Chuck

Wait until the audits show that Biden "won" by cheating
..and just wait until OJ finds the real killer!

The filibuster does nothing but stifle bipartisanship.

Case in Point. GOP and the Donkeys are split among party lines but Machin is holding the moderate stance. Very interesting and a thorn in the side of traitor Schumer and Communists Sanders and Warren. GOP certainly don't want to get on his bad side.

Curious how it plays out ultimately.

TS a Democrat with an ounce of brains. A rare sight these days.

Manchin is the best Democrat in Congress.

Really? Please explain why.

I have relatives from his hometown and I know some of his relatives. They are all Republicans and they like him. He has done a lot for WV and the people in the state trust him. WV is heavily Republican. I have met and talked with him when he spoke at two of my military reunions when he was a Governor and as a Senator.I like him.

Sissie lefties whine about bullies but they are the biggest violators when they put a virtual sign on a politician's back labeling him a "racist" for not voting for their bill.

I don’t know who Mondaire Jones is but they sound about as stupid as this idiot on USNB that goes by Lakhota.

Forum List

Back