Modern politics summed up with a little humor and the dangers for democracy

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014

"Everyone except you is wrong about everything, finds study"

"The survey, commissioned by you, consisted of you looking at a number of comments threads, noting that the most people held different opinions to you, and extrapolating that everyone is wrong about everything except you."

While this is clearly a joke website, what they're saying isn't really a laughing matter.

Modern democracy is going to need to fight back against some of the nonsense that is hitting it right now, how do you do that when people have literally been conditioned to only believe, and not put the effort into understanding what things REALLY ARE?

The powers that be do not want it fixed, if it is fixed they lose their stranglehold on power.

For the past 40 years this has been the design, this has been the plan.

There are two main methods of controlling a "free" population...division and fear.

"The survey, commissioned by you, consisted of you looking at a number of comments threads, noting that the most people held different opinions to you, and extrapolating that everyone is wrong about everything except you."

While this is clearly a joke website, what they're saying isn't really a laughing matter.

Modern democracy is going to need to fight back against some of the nonsense that is hitting it right now, how do you do that when people have literally been conditioned to only believe, and not put the effort into understanding what things REALLY ARE?
The application of some common sense will usually allow me to see through the BS.

That said common sense seems in very short supply these days.

There's always this I guess:

Simply put my opinion is the only thing that matters and your opinion is not even a second thought.

Here and around the World we see the decay of society and many people just want to believe a lie is the facts and truth.

Take the so-called steal and I have been accused a few times of being part of those that believe the so-called steal happened but my words have never supported such notion…

Why would people accuse me of that?

Simple, I do not subscribe to the thought that everything a person does is evil even if I believe the person is evil.

Take Trump as an example and I believe he had good intentions on infrastructure and space exploration but with those like Ryan and McConnell the more progressive version of Trump was restrained.

Now because I have Trump credit on something the opposition will deem me as the enemy but when the election happened I stated Trump lost because let me be clear I even voted against him in 2020 even though Trump won Texas…

So here is my point both sides are close minded and can not offer a truly open and Liberal minded discussion and this has been going since Clinton and maybe even since the Wall Street crash in the 1920’s, but it has hit a fever pitch and I doubt the split we see now can be fixed…

This Nation need another Reagan and for me to write that, well let me be clear I never liked Reagan but he did know how to unite the people and not split them like Trump and Biden have done!

Now getting back to humor and let me say my Political Party can’t even beat up Maggie Simpson seeing Libertarians are just truly weak…

The looney tune whacko left took over the Dem party and most of the news media, that's all that's going on here. A small minority of insane freaks are pretending to be a majority. The American people will bitch slap them back into silence in short order.

The application of some common sense will usually allow me to see through the BS.

That said common sense seems in very short supply these days.

There's always this I guess:

Though "common sense" is one of those buzz words they use to say how they didn't think about it for even a second, but they KNOW they're right.

The powers that be do not want it fixed, if it is fixed they lose their stranglehold on power.

For the past 40 years this has been the design, this has been the plan.

There are two main methods of controlling a "free" population...division and fear.

And the people sit back and accept it, even revel in it.

Try Proportional Representation, it wouldn't stop it, but it's make it better.

And the people sit back and accept it, even revel in it.

Yep. All one has to do is read a forum like this, the two sides are proud of their brainwashing, they are proud to put party before country. It is uncanny to say the least.

Try Proportional Representation, it wouldn't stop it, but it's make it better.

It would make things better. The two party system was fine when both parties cared more about the country than power. Now neither do and we are fucked

Yep. All one has to do is read a forum like this, the two sides are proud of their brainwashing, they are proud to put party before country. It is uncanny to say the least.
I disagree with democrats 99% of the time
and Tweeners such as you 75% of the time ON ISSUES

its incoherent to suggest that people who disagree with you are mere party hacks

its incoherent to suggest that people who disagree with you are mere party hacks

But you are nothing but a party hack.

Oh, and I bet if we actually compared 50 issues, you and I would agree on more than 50% of them.

Only if they dont involve trump

TDS warps your thinking much of the time

More of your hackery coming out. Anyone that says a single bad thing about Trump has TDS.

I supported much that Trump did. I supported all 3 of his SCOTUS picks, though a bit skeptical of ACB.

I supported his stated desire to get out of the Middle East. Just wish he had actually done it.

I supported his changing of the Fed Employee Regs to make it easier to get rid of dead weight.

I supported his idea of privatizing ATC, but he never followed up on it.

I supported his goal to replace the ACA, but he failed at that.

Prior to the start of 2020 I would have put Trump as the best president of this century.

More of your hackery coming out. Anyone that says a single bad thing about Trump has TDS.

I supported much that Trump did. I supported all 3 of his SCOTUS picks, though a bit skeptical of ACB.

I supported his stated desire to get out of the Middle East. Just wish he had actually done it.

I supported his changing of the Fed Employee Regs to make it easier to get rid of dead weight.

I supported his idea of privatizing ATC, but he never followed up on it.

I supported his goal to replace the ACA, but he failed at that.

Prior to the start of 2020 I would have put Trump as the best president of this century.
Not sure what ATC and ACA are but its easy to say that now that he’s out of office

but I doubt if your support was nearly as public then as your anti Trumpism is now

OK I’ll play along

what is it about 2020 that sent you on the warpath?

Not sure what ATC and ACA are but its easy to say that now that he’s out of office

You do not know what Air Traffic Control is or what the Affordable Care Act is?

but I doubt if your support was nearly as public then as your anti Trumpism is now

Actually it was. I have always given him credit where it was due.

what is it about 2020 that sent you on the warpath?

First his failed/delayed response to COVID. That was his first actual crisis in office and he failed.

But even that pales in comparison to his attack on our system of elections and the peaceful transfer of power.

His actions since Nov 2020 make him the worst president to ever serve in my opinion.

Though "common sense" is one of those buzz words they use to say how they didn't think about it for even a second, but they KNOW they're right.
Well if one is bereft of any common sense I could see why one would say that.....Just sayin. ;)

But yes, when one applies common sense to a notion some politician (or anyone) is pushing that effects your life and said notion comes up short in the common sense department (as one perceives it) then there is nothing much left to say but "No, I don't think I'll be doing that".

And there is the rub, nothing pisses off the nonsensical by stating flat out that you will not do what they want you to do......Sigh, then the name-calling, doxxing, canceling, and general rending of garments starts.

First his failed/delayed response to COVID. That was his first actual crisis in office and he failed.

But even that pales in comparison to his attack on our system of elections and the peaceful transfer of power.
I privately guessed what was bothering you

unlike you I think Trump handled the pandemic pretty well

He had two medical morons giving him advice along with foreign news reports which even sort of freaked me out for a while

so he allowed the very stupid idea of an economic shutdown to pass his lips, but not for very long

ultimately that was a state and local decision that blue state baby hitlers embraced and held onto till the economy was in the dumps

what trump could control was the federal assistance given to local governments by the Corps of Engineers building temp hospitals and the US Navy hospital ships made available to New York and California

True.
It only provides cover for the current unhinged Dimm Party.

Trump was responding to democrat election fraud

in recent years repubs such as Nixon just rolled over and let the dems get away with it

but Trump is a battler

There was no democrat election fraud, it is a made up lie and Trump is willing to destroy the country because he was butt hurt over losing

Forum List

Back