Mnuchin? IRS whistleblower said Treasury official might have tried to interfere with Trump audit

Denizen

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2018
Donald Trump is being fingered by another whistleblower which portends that more allegations against Trump and appointees are likely to emerge.

There is a clear pattern emerging of Trump appointees acting illegally to cover up Trump's misdeeds.

Another patter is that whistleblowers are surrogates for the people who really have the eyewitness and firsthand knowledge of the misdeeds of Trump and his appointees.

A tangled web of deceit and corruption is emerging.

IRS whistleblower said Treasury official might have tried to interfere with Trump audit: report

IRS whistleblower said Treasury official might have tried to interfere with Trump audit: report
BY NAOMI JAGODA - 10/03/19 05:19 PM EDT 613

An IRS official filed a complaint alleging that he was told that at least one Treasury Department official tried to interfere with an audit of President Trump's or Vice President Pence's tax returns, according to The Washington Post, citing people familiar with the complaint.
The whistleblower spoke to the Post and confirmed that he had filed the complaint to Congress's tax-writing committees and the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration.
“I steadfastly refuse to discuss the substance or details of the complaint, but I have some legitimate concerns about reckless statements being made about whistleblowers,” he told the Post.
The Democratic-led House Ways and Means Committee first mentioned in court documents in August that it had received credible allegations from a federal employee of potentially inappropriate attempts to influence the IRS's mandatory audit program for presidential and vice presidential tax returns.
The Post's story provides details that had not been in court documents, including that the complaint was made by a career IRS employee and that it alleges potential interference in the audit program by a political employee at the Treasury Department.
The Ways and Means Committee has filed a lawsuit in an effort to obtain six years of Trump's federal tax returns, and has said it wants these documents because it's conducting oversight and is interested in legislative proposals concerning how the IRS audits presidents. The IRS's internal policies require mandatory audits of the president and vice president's tax returns, but this policy isn't codified into law.
Ways and Means Committee Chairman Richard Neal (D-Mass.) told reporters last week that a decision on whether to publicly release the whistleblower complaint is "subject to what counsel advises."
Some progressive activists have called on Neal to publicly release more information about the tax-return whistleblower complaint.
The complaint has received increased attention in the media in recent days, following revelations of a separate whistleblower complaint reporting that Trump had asked the president of Ukraine to investigate Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden. That incident spurred House Democrats to open an impeachment inquiry.
The Trump administration is urging a judge to dismiss the Ways and Means Committee's tax-return lawsuit, arguing that the committee can't require the federal courts to take a side in the dispute. The committee disagrees that the lawsuit should be dismissed.
A hearing is scheduled in the lawsuit on Nov. 6. The judge assigned to the case is Trevor McFadden, a federal judge in D.C. appointed by Trump.

Donald Trump is being fingered by another whistleblower which portends that more allegations against Trump and appointees are likely to emerge.

There is a clear pattern emerging of Trump appointees acting illegally to cover up Trump's misdeeds.

Another patter is that whistleblowers are surrogates for the people who really have the eyewitness and firsthand knowledge of the misdeeds of Trump and his appointees.

A tangled web of deceit and corruption is emerging.

BY NAOMI JAGODA - 10/03/19 05:19 PM EDT 613

An IRS official filed a complaint alleging that he was told that at least one Treasury Department official tried to interfere with an audit of President Trump's or Vice President Pence's tax returns, according to The Washington Post, citing people familiar with the complaint.
The whistleblower spoke to the Post and confirmed that he had filed the complaint to Congress's tax-writing committees and the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration.
“I steadfastly refuse to discuss the substance or details of the complaint, but I have some legitimate concerns about reckless statements being made about whistleblowers,” he told the Post.
The Democratic-led House Ways and Means Committee first mentioned in court documents in August that it had received credible allegations from a federal employee of potentially inappropriate attempts to influence the IRS's mandatory audit program for presidential and vice presidential tax returns.
The Post's story provides details that had not been in court documents, including that the complaint was made by a career IRS employee and that it alleges potential interference in the audit program by a political employee at the Treasury Department.
The Ways and Means Committee has filed a lawsuit in an effort to obtain six years of Trump's federal tax returns, and has said it wants these documents because it's conducting oversight and is interested in legislative proposals concerning how the IRS audits presidents. The IRS's internal policies require mandatory audits of the president and vice president's tax returns, but this policy isn't codified into law.
Ways and Means Committee Chairman Richard Neal (D-Mass.) told reporters last week that a decision on whether to publicly release the whistleblower complaint is "subject to what counsel advises."
Some progressive activists have called on Neal to publicly release more information about the tax-return whistleblower complaint.
The complaint has received increased attention in the media in recent days, following revelations of a separate whistleblower complaint reporting that Trump had asked the president of Ukraine to investigate Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden. That incident spurred House Democrats to open an impeachment inquiry.
The Trump administration is urging a judge to dismiss the Ways and Means Committee's tax-return lawsuit, arguing that the committee can't require the federal courts to take a side in the dispute. The committee disagrees that the lawsuit should be dismissed.
A hearing is scheduled in the lawsuit on Nov. 6. The judge assigned to the case is Trevor McFadden, a federal judge in D.C. appointed by Trump.

the only clear pattern I see is another rabid cases of TDS

Last edited:
OP why on earth would you think Mnuchin would turn against TRUMP? Mnunchin is winning with trade deals left and right and TRUMP is always giving him credit and speaking highly of him...Mnuchin is one of the few who are 100% pro-TRUMP no question.

"Might have"

Man, the desperation to get at the God Emperor is off the charts.
I imagine them sitting around a round table huddled with a brain storm fart session making a list of what can we make up next to accuse him of...

• Banned
OP why on earth would you think Mnuchin would turn against TRUMP? Mnunchin is winning with trade deals left and right and TRUMP is always giving him credit and speaking highly of him...Mnuchin is one of the few who are 100% pro-TRUMP no question.

Mnuchin is winning the race to the bottom featuring Trump, his cabinet and GOP lawmakers.

GOP lawmakers are handicapped by the desire to keep Trump's anus in their sight.

Trump knows how to assemble a team and he also knows when to let somebody go, unlike the US when we foolishly elected Obama to a second term.

Trump knows how to assemble a team and he also knows when to let somebody go, unlike the US when we foolishly elected Obama to a second term.

A team of brown-nose bottom feeders that are afraid to disagree with Trump.

I've disagreed with him on numerous occasions....But not to the point that I'll run around starting breathless threads based upon "might have" or "if true".

But when all of your "news" comes from the bottom of the pond, we'll have that.

Mnuchin is winning the race to the bottom featuring Trump, his cabinet and GOP lawmakers.

GOP lawmakers are handicapped by the desire to keep Trump's anus in their sight.

Mnuchin is adorable!!!

images

Democrats are getting desperate.

Who knows what's next. Maybe adam shift will try to get nude pics of trump from Ukrainian officials...

Occam's Razor Says: Yet more Derp State Resistance Prog-Dem Embed coup attempt leaking of hearsay.

I've disagreed with him on numerous occasions....But not to the point that I'll run around starting breathless threads based upon "might have" or "if true".

You are enslaved by Donald Trump's love? Donald Trump loves the uneducated.

I'm not the dope falling for "might have" and "if true", dope.

Great post. You are the epitome of misunderstanding. Did you finish the third? Or maybe not.

I'm not the dope falling for "might have" and "if true", dope.

You are falling for lies, obfuscation, and treason. Donald Trump loves you.

Great post. You are the epitome of misunderstanding. Did you finish the third? Or maybe not.

Donald Trump loves you.

Forum List

Back