MLB All Star ratings hit second lowest in history

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Go woke, go broke!

MLB All-Star game ratings plummet to second lowest in history, move costs Atlanta small businesses millions​

Major League Baseball’s All-Star game is finding out the true meaning of “go woke, go broke” as their ratings plummeted to the second-lowest in history after relocating to Denver from Atlanta, costing black business owners millions of dollars.

Tuesday night’s Nielsen numbers depicting how many tuned in to the game were horrific. A dismal 8.24 million Americans watched the game which earns it the distinction of being the second-least-watched All-Star Game in history. Even with one of the most reportedly compelling lineups in years that included Los Angeles Angels’ Japanese sensation Shohei Ohtani, people simply tuned out because of liberal politics. The ratings also included out-of-home viewing which was not taken into account in 2019 so the numbers are actually even worse than being reported. The game was not played in 2020 due to the pandemic.

Yeah, I have pretty much given up on sports. It's all the politically correct, same.
I'm still holding out hope that NCAA football won't go totally woke. If it does then I'll be completely out of the sports fan business. First Bama player that kneels for the anthem, that's the end for me.
NHL has bee mostly SJW free, though they've had a few moments.

The Woke Joke is impacting all sports attendance and observation dramatically. Sports fans choose this as entertainment and not political lecturing and as long as the emotion driven displays continue then numbers will decline

NHL has bee mostly SJW free, though they've had a few moments.

NHL is the way to go. NHLs global market is quite different than other sports. Sweden, Finland, Russia, Czech Republic are markets they appeal to outside of N America.

All sports have lost ratings during the pandemic and due to the politicizing of their sport. NHL has generally avoided this but they have still taken a hit. NHL would be wise to avoid the drama as there is major marketshare to be had by people who just want to be entertained and not virtue signaled to.

As it were, the NHL has lost some of its entertainment value the last two years, particularly in the playoffs IMO. However, they are less woke so they have a growth angle. Let's hope the new contract with ESPN doesn't bring more "wokeness" to the league.

Here is a list of most by nationality in the NHL:

I have no interest in it while I used to be interested.

The whole BLM and political agendas surrounding it like all the bullshit and protests of voting regulations and such made me refuse to watch it.

Baseball is about baseball and nothing else.

I refuse to involve myself in anything with personal, social or political agendas shoved into it. I can read, play games, watch movies, go outside, do projects around my house, listen to music, hang out with friends and so on. I don't NEED to watch sports and I won't as long as they do shit like this. Just like I don't watch movies that force diversity or woke shit into it.

I'm still holding out hope that NCAA football won't go totally woke. If it does then I'll be completely out of the sports fan business. First Bama player that kneels for the anthem, that's the end for me.

I have that same dread. NCAA football and basketball is pretty much all I have left, and if it goes woke, I'm done.

NHL is the way to go. NHLs global market is quite different than other sports. Sweden, Finland, Russia, Czech Republic are markets they appeal to outside of N America.

All sports have lost ratings during the pandemic and due to the politicizing of their sport. NHL has generally avoided this but they have still taken a hit. NHL would be wise to avoid the drama as there is major marketshare to be had by people who just want to be entertained and not virtue signaled to.

As it were, the NHL has lost some of its entertainment value the last two years, particularly in the playoffs IMO. However, they are less woke so they have a growth angle. Let's hope the new contract with ESPN doesn't bring more "wokeness" to the league.

Here is a list of most by nationality in the NHL:

Any hit the NHL took especially in the playoffs and Finals had more to do with Tampa Bay steam rolling their way to the cup than any woke stuff in my view.

Any hit the NHL took especially in the playoffs and Finals had more to do with Tampa Bay steam rolling their way to the cup than any woke stuff in my view.

I think the "Playoff Rules" which have always been enacted since I was young has contributed to a disinterest in NHL playoffs. There were some good, physical series, I have no problem with hard checking game. However, they've allowed the interference and blunting of talent with mid-tier players for decades once playoffs start.

I think only 1 of the top 20 highest paid players was even around for Round Two. That's because guys like Matthews can score 40 goals in a short 56 game season (plus he missed a couple of games, just an insane scoring touch), but once the playoffs start the league allows the "equalizing" of this talent. Grabbing after a check, stick work, interference etc.

Ditto for McDavid, who had broke 100 points in 56 games but didn't even draw one penalty in the post-season. As a life long hockey fan I think it's getting absurd again, slowly rolling back to 1990s hockey.

I love baseball but because the shitheads went all woke I didn't bother to watch the game. The advertisers didn't reach the audience they wanted.

Liberals fuck up everything they touch.

Many black pop stars and sports celebs make more money than some emerging African nations. It's all about the big bucks while they pretend it's about racist policies.

Forum List

Back