MK19 grenade launcher -bada$$

harmonica

Diamond Member
Reaction score
..I've seen these fired and the impact area......just think of multiple grenades falling all over you....and very accurately .....an '''MG'''--but with grenades ......hell on Earth
--.I've seen most of the infantry and some air weapons used in the military, but this one awes me the most
nighttime impacts here:

Last edited:

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Reaction score
Awesome. I could do a putsch with only me and one of these things in my country. That would be great fun.

mdk

Diamond Member
Staff member
Reaction score
That would solve my ant hill problems at the cabin. :lol:

OP
harmonica

harmonica

Diamond Member
Reaction score
That would solve my ant hill problems at the cabin. :lol:
and the cabin!!
..in fact, in Ecuador, they fired it at some shed or shack = destroyed it!!!

Last edited:
OP
harmonica

harmonica

Diamond Member
Reaction score
o, I've got a pic of it at Ecuador....I'll post it later ..not firing, but static

White 6

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice. Looked like a pregnant M-2 until I noticed the dual charging handles that operate independent. Wonder what that function is about, timing reset?

OP
harmonica

harmonica

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Nice. Looked like a pregnant M-2 until I noticed the dual charging handles that operate independent. Wonder what that function is about, timing reset?
..I was with the Weapons Company that fired these...but we never had a class on it ..I was in Mortars
...we had classes in BootCamp and ITS on the basic weapons: M203/M60....I don't recall one on the MK19

OP
harmonica

harmonica

Diamond Member
Reaction score
..we did have basic classes and firing off ship on the M2 ..they set one up on ship ..I've got a pic of that also

White 6

Platinum Member
Reaction score
..I was with the Weapons Company that fired these...but we never had a class on it ..I was in Mortars
...we had classes in BootCamp and ITS on the basic weapons: M203/M60....I don't recall one on the MK19
Was trained on wide variety, trainer on wide variety, ground and Armor vehicle crew served, range OIC/Safety Officer, Mortar Plt Ldr, Scout Plt Ldr, Armor Co Cdr early in my career. They had not invented that, even by the time I retired. Looked fun.

OP
harmonica

harmonica

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Was trained on wide variety, trainer on wide variety, ground and Armor vehicle crew served, range OIC/Safety Officer, Mortar Plt Ldr, Scout Plt Ldr, Armor Co Cdr early in my career. They had not invented that, even by the time I retired. Looked fun.
...like I said, it awed me the most--and the most fun to watch

White 6

Platinum Member
Reaction score
..we did have basic classes and firing off ship on the M2 ..they set one up on ship ..I've got a pic of that also
Closest I ever got to a ship was swimming M113's.

OP
harmonica

harmonica

Diamond Member
Reaction score
.we had AAV7s..I even got to drive one on an out-of-the-way Brazilian beach .....one time, we got to go down the nets into an LCVP or something, like in WW2
..I was on 4 ships--2 LSTs, an LHA, and the old LPH USS Inchon.--in less than 4 years....probably more ships than some sailors have been on in the same time period because I think they stay on their own ship for their time in

White 6

Platinum Member
Reaction score
.we had AAV7s..I even got to drive one on an out-of-the-way Brazilian beach .....one time, we got to go down the nets into an LCVP or something, like in WW2
..I was on 4 ships--2 LSTs, an LHA, and the old LPH USS Inchon.--in less than 4 years....probably more ships than some sailors have been on in the same time period because I think they stay on their own ship for their time in
Sounds cool. Lot of hard work, I'm sure.

OP
harmonica

harmonica

Diamond Member
Reaction score
for the sailors [ ducks ]

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score
..I've seen these fired and the impact area......just think of multiple grenades falling all over you....and very accurately .....an '''MG'''--but with grenades ......hell on Earth
--.I've seen most of the infantry and some air weapons used in the military, but this one awes me the most
nighttime impacts here:
When did you get one?

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I wanted nothing to do with ships especially the ones that go out in the ocean. I never wanted to jump from a perfectly good airplane either.

White 6

Platinum Member
Reaction score
So shipboard duty for a Marine is actually pretty good duty? That's good.

OP
harmonica

harmonica

Diamond Member
Reaction score
So shipboard duty for a Marine is actually pretty good duty? That's good.
o, heck yeah..no 10 mile humps/etc.....we take classes, then get off for chow.....main thing we did was work out [ PT ] --on our own and with the unit......I loved it ......I read and worked out mostly.......

OP
harmonica

harmonica

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I wanted nothing to do with ships especially the ones that go out in the ocean. I never wanted to jump from a perfectly good airplane either.
..it's fun

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List