MK19 grenade launcher -bada$$

harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
..I've seen these fired and the impact area......just think of multiple grenades falling all over you....and very accurately .....an '''MG'''--but with grenades ......hell on Earth
--.I've seen most of the infantry and some air weapons used in the military, but this one awes me the most
nighttime impacts here:

Last edited:
That would solve my ant hill problems at the cabin. :lol:
and the cabin!!
..in fact, in Ecuador, they fired it at some shed or shack = destroyed it!!!

Last edited:
o, I've got a pic of it at Ecuador....I'll post it later ..not firing, but static

Nice. Looked like a pregnant M-2 until I noticed the dual charging handles that operate independent. Wonder what that function is about, timing reset?

Nice. Looked like a pregnant M-2 until I noticed the dual charging handles that operate independent. Wonder what that function is about, timing reset?
..I was with the Weapons Company that fired these...but we never had a class on it ..I was in Mortars
...we had classes in BootCamp and ITS on the basic weapons: M203/M60....I don't recall one on the MK19

..we did have basic classes and firing off ship on the M2 ..they set one up on ship ..I've got a pic of that also

..I was with the Weapons Company that fired these...but we never had a class on it ..I was in Mortars
...we had classes in BootCamp and ITS on the basic weapons: M203/M60....I don't recall one on the MK19
Was trained on wide variety, trainer on wide variety, ground and Armor vehicle crew served, range OIC/Safety Officer, Mortar Plt Ldr, Scout Plt Ldr, Armor Co Cdr early in my career. They had not invented that, even by the time I retired. Looked fun.

Was trained on wide variety, trainer on wide variety, ground and Armor vehicle crew served, range OIC/Safety Officer, Mortar Plt Ldr, Scout Plt Ldr, Armor Co Cdr early in my career. They had not invented that, even by the time I retired. Looked fun.
...like I said, it awed me the most--and the most fun to watch

..we did have basic classes and firing off ship on the M2 ..they set one up on ship ..I've got a pic of that also
Closest I ever got to a ship was swimming M113's.

.we had AAV7s..I even got to drive one on an out-of-the-way Brazilian beach .....one time, we got to go down the nets into an LCVP or something, like in WW2
..I was on 4 ships--2 LSTs, an LHA, and the old LPH USS Inchon.--in less than 4 years....probably more ships than some sailors have been on in the same time period because I think they stay on their own ship for their time in

.we had AAV7s..I even got to drive one on an out-of-the-way Brazilian beach .....one time, we got to go down the nets into an LCVP or something, like in WW2
..I was on 4 ships--2 LSTs, an LHA, and the old LPH USS Inchon.--in less than 4 years....probably more ships than some sailors have been on in the same time period because I think they stay on their own ship for their time in
Sounds cool. Lot of hard work, I'm sure.

for the sailors [ ducks ]

..I've seen these fired and the impact area......just think of multiple grenades falling all over you....and very accurately .....an '''MG'''--but with grenades ......hell on Earth
--.I've seen most of the infantry and some air weapons used in the military, but this one awes me the most
nighttime impacts here:

When did you get one?

I wanted nothing to do with ships especially the ones that go out in the ocean. I never wanted to jump from a perfectly good airplane either.

So shipboard duty for a Marine is actually pretty good duty? That's good.

Ecuador shoot
MK19.jpg

So shipboard duty for a Marine is actually pretty good duty? That's good.
o, heck yeah..no 10 mile humps/etc.....we take classes, then get off for chow.....main thing we did was work out [ PT ] --on our own and with the unit......I loved it ......I read and worked out mostly.......

I wanted nothing to do with ships especially the ones that go out in the ocean. I never wanted to jump from a perfectly good airplane either.
..it's fun

Forum List

Back