Mizzou SJW student upset: ‘Too many white people’ at Orlando LGBT vigil

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Ahhhh, did it make her afraid ? Hurt her feewings ? Po baby !

In Missouri, a Latina student was offended because white students mourned the Orlando terror attack.

A large crowd, estimated to be up to 1,000, gathered at the Boone County Courthouse in Missouri for a vigil honoring the victims of the Orlando attack, but some there had to make it about themselves.

Tiffany Melecio, who The College Fix reported is a Mizzou graduate and activist, was among those tasked with reading the names of victims.

Melecio noted many of the victims were Latino. “I was really nervous to get up here because there’s a lot of white people in the crowd. And that wasn’t a joke,” she said.

Melecio took issue with how she felt the movement was co-opted by whites, The Columbian Tribune reported. Her comments of “as much as it is awesome that there’s so many people here today, but it’s, like, who are you really here for?” drew reactions from the crowd, including a shout of “we’re here for everybody.”

She referenced her own racial demonstrations and the Black Lives Matter movement, which she “wish[ed] this many people came out to.”

Melecio spoke of a “dichotomy we hear when we talk about race,” but didn’t bring healing to the situation as she made supporting others a racial and personal issue and upset others in the process.

Daniel Brizendine, who was in attendance with his husband, Carl, frequented the Pulse nightclub when he lived in Orlando. He’s also been involved in marches since 1982.

“Now all of a sudden I am going to be white-shamed, and I am not going to be white-shamed just because I was born with white skin,” he said. He thought Melecio was wrong to bring up race as she did.

“We are here to be uniting, not dividing, which is what you are doing now,” Carl Brizendine said. “Right here on this stage, they are segregating us as a community,” Carl told The College Fix.

Assistant Director of the University of Missouri Counseling Center, Christy Hutton, told The Columbia Daily Tribune that Melecio’s feelings were understandable in how she identified her own life and story with the victims. “That is how we cope and feel,” Hutton said.

Read more at Mizzou SJW student upset: 'Too many white people' at Orlando LGBT...

In her defense, the crowd was lousy with cracka ass crackas.

Too many "white" mourners, or not enough Latinos (to outnumber the whites)?

My impression is that the "gay" community, having been subject to so much rabid discrimination for their orientation, is virtually color-blind. They don't see the victims as Hispanic, but rather as part of the LBGT community, of which they are also a part. Not to mention the HUMAN community.

Too many "white" mourners, or not enough Latinos (to outnumber the whites)?

My impression is that the "gay" community, having been subject to so much rabid discrimination for their orientation, is virtually color-blind. They don't see the victims as Hispanic, but rather as part of the LBGT community, of which they are also a part. Not to mention the HUMAN community.
They're fags, theyll take whatever strange dick they can get, doesn't matter what color it is. AIDS doesn't racially discriminate.

Melecio’s feelings are not understandable.

Neither are OOMs.

Both are regressives who can't grasp that humans are worthy of decency and respect.

Who's idea was it that she be the one to read the list of names of those who died if this matter was such an issue for her?

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

Who's idea was it that she be the one to read the list of names of those who died if this matter was such an issue for her?

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

They definitely should have had someone that could handle having to look at those awful white people.

Forum List

Back