Mitch McConnel Bravely Tells The Corporate Elite To Stay Out Of Politics

Something tells me that Turtle is going to get his ole decrepit ass taken out to the woodshed here pretty shortly.

#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC

The implication is that government will punish them. And for what? Speaking their minds? Refusing to do business in a state they think is going off the rails? Pissing of Trumpster twats?
You do get the circularity of your argument, right? As the old proverb goes, the chickens will come home to roost. These are businesses and they will lose customers. It is inevitable.

The implication is that government will punish them. And for what? Speaking their minds? Refusing to do business in a state they think is going off the rails? Pissing of Trumpster twats?
You do get the circularity of your argument, right?
Nope. It's not circular. It's not even an argument. I'm asking why McConnel is threatening these companies. It's straight up statist bullying. The bread and butter of authoritarian leftists.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell lashed out at corporate America on Monday, warning CEOs to stay out of the debate over a new voting law in Georgia that has been criticized as restricting votes among minorities and the poor.

"Corporations will invite serious consequences if they become a vehicle for far-left mobs to hijack our country from outside the constitutional order," McConnell told a news conference in his home state of Kentucky.

Big business ties with Republicans began fraying under former President Donald Trump's leadership and the party's focus on voting restrictions has soured businesses embracing diversity as key to their work force and customer base. Major Georgia employers Coca-Cola and Delta Air Lines have spoken out against the law signed by Governor Brian Kemp, and Major League Baseball pulled the 2021 All-Star Game out of the state over the law strengthening identification requirements for absentee ballots and making it a crime to offer food or water to voters waiting in line.

Uh oh, Mitch is talking tough again. Watch out Coke.
So the dems are the party of the corporations.........Atleast they finally out of the closet

Nope. It's not circular. It's not even an argument. I'm asking why McConnel is threatening these companies. It's straight up statist bullying. The bread and butter of authoritarian leftists.
Threatening is the OP and your wording. McConnell warned of consequences which could be something as simple as myself not buying MLB,tv this year and the millions like me. Many people believe that products and sports in particular are not appropriate venues for virtue signaling. You've got tunnel vision boy.

That's right everyone, the poorest states in the union are red and the poor cater to corporate America?

My head is really starting to hurt now, but I'm sure it all makes sense to Frenchy.
My head is starting to hurt from trying to understand your blabber
True or false, Big Tech is censoring conservative speech.

True or false, corporations lined up to give a self proclaimed Marxist organization like BLM millions of dollars.

I think the idea is, if corporations like the boots of democrats and do their ditry work, then the democrats will let them do pretty much anything their hearts desire.

Not a bad deal.

German businesses went along with Nazi's using Jews as slave labor. Substitute corporations and Dems in that sentence.

Threatening is the OP and your wording. McConnell warned of consequences which could be something as simple as myself not buying MLB,tv this year and the millions like me. Many people believe that products and sports in particular are not appropriate venues for virtue signaling. You've got tunnel vision boy.

Alright. If you want to pretend he wasn't threatening retribution form government, fine. Hopefully he'll walk it back as well. But I think the message was clear.

From the OP article:
Trump spent months after losing his re-election bid falsely claiming that his defeat was the result of widespread fraud. He failed in dozens of legal challenges. Nonetheless, lawmakers in 47 states this year have introduced 361 bills imposing new restrictions on voting, according to the Brennan Center for Justice.
Nobody has proved that there was no widespread election fraud. That is why 47 states have strengthened their abilities to prevent future elections from being stolen.

The Georgia law brought a backlash from some U.S. companies with strong ties to the state.
...as a direct result of Biden's lies about what the law prohibits. Biden has become the Commander in Chief of the Cancel Culture. He's on a roll trying to distract our attention from his blatant failures at our southern border and the CRISIS that exists there today.

Incidentally, a Representative in the Georgia legislature may sponsor a bill to convert all of Georgia's election laws to match those of Joe Biden's home state of Delaware. It will definitely fail to pass but will draw quite a bit of attention to the Delaware laws which include:
  • Delaware does not permit early voting. (Georgia permits 17 days of it...with an option to add 2 Sundays)
  • Delaware restricts the excuses for requesting absentee ballots.
  • Delaware uses no ballot drop boxes whatsoever. (Georgia law just secures them.)
Coca-Cola Co Chief Executive James Quincey called the law "unacceptable" and a "step backwards." Delta Air Lines CEO Ed Bastian said: "The entire rationale for this bill was based on a lie: that there was widespread voter fraud in Georgia in the 2020 election."

The Coke and Delta CEOs are both wrong. They're basing their opinions on lies promoted by the Liar in Chief, Joe Biden.

You should read this entire interview with Gov. Kemp before commending the ignorant CEOs for their foolishness.

Joe Biden doesn't even no what day it is, much less what's in the Georgia election reform law.

Alright. If you want to pretend he wasn't threatening retribution form government, fine. Hopefully he'll walk it back as well. But I think the message was clear.
Why would he "walk back" something a simple mind inferred? We have a hell of a lot of dim bulbs in the site,

Why would he "walk back" something a simple mind inferred? We have a hell of a lot of dim bulbs in the site,

It's equivocation. Politicians play this game constantly - so that their defenders can deny, and they can still make their threat. If you buy it, that's your business. I don't.

It's equivocation. Politicians play this game constantly - so that their defenders can deny, and they can still make their threat. If you buy it, that's your business. I don't.
I couldn't care less.

Biden's lies about what's in the Georgia election reform bill is retribution from the federal government. The US Constitution gives the rights to determine election procedures TO THE STATE LEGISLATURES!

Screw The Biden Mafia!

Biden's lies about what's in the Georgia election reform bill is retribution from the federal government. The US Constitution gives the rights to determine election procedures TO THE STATE LEGISLATURES!

Screw The Biden Mafia!
Uh. OK. Still sounded to me like McConnell was threatening to punish the companies pulling out for political reasons.

Forum List

Back