Mitch McConnel Bravely Tells The Corporate Elite To Stay Out Of Politics

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell lashed out at corporate America on Monday, warning CEOs to stay out of the debate over a new voting law in Georgia that has been criticized as restricting votes among minorities and the poor.

"Corporations will invite serious consequences if they become a vehicle for far-left mobs to hijack our country from outside the constitutional order," McConnell told a news conference in his home state of Kentucky.

Big business ties with Republicans began fraying under former President Donald Trump's leadership and the party's focus on voting restrictions has soured businesses embracing diversity as key to their work force and customer base. Major Georgia employers Coca-Cola and Delta Air Lines have spoken out against the law signed by Governor Brian Kemp, and Major League Baseball pulled the 2021 All-Star Game out of the state over the law strengthening identification requirements for absentee ballots and making it a crime to offer food or water to voters waiting in line.

Uh oh, Mitch is talking tough again. Watch out Coke.
So let me get this straight.

Corporations are taking away our first amendment rights by censoring Conservatives on social media, and that is Ok.

But a Republican tells corporations they need to straighten up and he becomes the threatening fascist insurgent?

LOL.

Corporate America have gone to war with the GOP, and with over 70 million Americans.

God forbid they get angry about it.
That seems to be the claim. As ridiculous as it sounds.
Well children do seem to have that kind of logic and thinking you know. :cuckoo:

Businesses want stability and prosperity not right-wing lunatic politicians running around spouting lies of election fraud, spreading insane conspiracy theories and contributing to instability and insurrection.
You mean like the democrats trying to overturn the election in Iowa so they can pick up an extra seat in the House?

How greedy can you be?

What on earth does diversity have to do with seeking fair elections...73% of the public support voter ID....is Woke a Cola this ignorant at the top?....

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell lashed out at corporate America on Monday, warning CEOs to stay out of the debate over a new voting law in Georgia that has been criticized as restricting votes among minorities and the poor.

"Corporations will invite serious consequences if they become a vehicle for far-left mobs to hijack our country from outside the constitutional order," McConnell told a news conference in his home state of Kentucky.

Big business ties with Republicans began fraying under former President Donald Trump's leadership and the party's focus on voting restrictions has soured businesses embracing diversity as key to their work force and customer base. Major Georgia employers Coca-Cola and Delta Air Lines have spoken out against the law signed by Governor Brian Kemp, and Major League Baseball pulled the 2021 All-Star Game out of the state over the law strengthening identification requirements for absentee ballots and making it a crime to offer food or water to voters waiting in line.

Corporations are taking away our first amendment rights by censoring Conservatives on social media, and that is Ok.

But a Republican tells corporations they need to straighten up and he becomes the threatening fascist insurgent?

LOL.

Corporate America have gone to war with the GOP, and with over 70 million Americans.

How does it feel to lick the arse of the top 1% as a Lefty?
Corporate America is the GOP. The Republican party is a wholly owned subsidiary of big business.
So the GOP is censoring conservative speech and wants to punish Georgia for trying to stop election fraud that happened last election so that the GOP might win another election at some point?

You know what, you might be right about that.

LMAO!

No fraud was proved. The new laws are a reaction to changing democraphi
The US Constitution gives the rights to determine election procedures TO THE STATE LEGISLATURES!

Yet for some reason the Governors of the States have to sign a bill and can veto the Legislatures election Bills. Do you ever wonder why that is, or think perhaps the Legislature don't have the authority you think they have?

LOL.

Corporate America is the GOP. The Republican party is a wholly owned subsidiary of big business.

Think before you type kid. Obviously Coke, Delta, American, Apple, Microsoft, Google , Facebook and a host of other Corps are backing the censorship and aren't GOP.

Businesses want stability and prosperity not right-wing lunatic politicians running around spouting lies of election fraud, spreading insane conspiracy theories and contributing to instability and insurrection.

Insurrection? What a frightened little child you are.

The implication is that government will punish them. And for what? Speaking their minds? Refusing to do business in a state they think is going off the rails? Pissing of Trumpster twats?
You do get the circularity of your argument, right?
Nope. It's not circular. It's not even an argument. I'm asking why McConnel is threatening these companies. It's straight up statist bullying. The bread and butter of authoritarian leftists.
Threatening is the OP and your wording. McConnell warned of consequences which could be something as simple as myself not buying MLB,tv this year and the millions like me. Many people believe that products and sports in particular are not appropriate venues for virtue signaling. You've got tunnel vision boy.

Alright. If you want to pretend he wasn't threatening retribution form government, fine. Hopefully he'll walk it back as well. But I think the message was clear.

LOL, ut it was ok for Feauxcahontas to make the same threat? You people are idiots.

The implication is that government will punish them. And for what? Speaking their minds? Refusing to do business in a state they think is going off the rails? Pissing of Trumpster twats?
You do get the circularity of your argument, right?
Nope. It's not circular. It's not even an argument. I'm asking why McConnel is threatening these companies. It's straight up statist bullying. The bread and butter of authoritarian leftists.
Threatening is the OP and your wording. McConnell warned of consequences which could be something as simple as myself not buying MLB,tv this year and the millions like me. Many people believe that products and sports in particular are not appropriate venues for virtue signaling. You've got tunnel vision boy.

Alright. If you want to pretend he wasn't threatening retribution form government, fine. Hopefully he'll walk it back as well. But I think the message was clear.

LOL, ut it was ok for Feauxcahontas to make the same threat?

LOL - no, it was not alright. It was dead wrong. Is it now suddenly OK because your team is doing it?

LOL.

Well, I'm certain that's what your masters told you to "think". You can go back and tell them you were a good slave and repeated your lines.

Be sure not to take a look at this information, because it might force you to think for yourself, and we wouldn't want you to strain something.

I remember the day when the Left stood up to the top 1%, a day when they proclaimed that they may not agree with what I had to say, but would die defending my right to say it.

They apparently all died off, did I miss a mass extinction event?

Only every brain cell possessed by the Left.

Yet for some reason the Governors of the States have to sign a bill and can veto the Legislatures election Bills. Do you ever wonder why that is, or think perhaps the Legislature don't have the authority you think they have?
Read the Constitution.

We've already had lengthy discussions on this topic. Read them, too.

I don't have the time or the inclination to tutor you.

LOL.

So the GOP is censoring conservative speech and wants to punish Georgia for trying to stop election fraud that happened last election so that the GOP might win another election at some point?

You know what, you might be right about that.

LMAO!
Election fraud is a lie.
All elections have fraud idiot. You know, like Obama selling his seat before he became President

The only question becomes, did it sway an election?
You're a good troll, dude. Good work.

That's funny, coming from the brightest new slave on the Democrat plantation.

That statement doesn't make any sense given your opening post. Think...
What a guy does in theater class

doesn't equate to what a guy does in reality.

You become less intelligent with every post. It's fascinating and appalling at the same time; like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

You become less intelligent with every post. It's fascinating and appalling at the same time; like watching a train wreck in slow motion.
Anything a politician says on the floor of Congress is theater. Full stop. period.

Anything a politician says on the floor of Congress is theater. Full stop. period.

Ah, so this was supposed to be justification for your incoherent (even for you, which is impressive) whiplash of "He's a bad man for threatening corporations . . . and he's a bad man for being totally owned by corporations, too!!!"

I'm thinking that trying to start a conversation thread is a bit too much for you to handle right now, stupid child. Maybe stick to embarrassing yourself around the edges of other people's threads for a while longer.

Ummm. No. Corporations are exercising the first amendment rights by monitoring their private platforms without government interference.

Moscow Mitch is threatening consequences to private companies from his office on Capitol Hill, which is a clear violation of the first amendment.

Got it now?

Forum List

Back