Mississippi Governor Declares April as Confederate Heritage Month

So now the ridiculous protectionist argues, among other absurdities, that “many of them [southern white Confederate soldiers] didn’t even know it [slavery] existed”!!!

The level of self-delusion of some of these “Lost Cause” apologists is truly ridiculous. By the way, nothing I say is an attack on anybody’s “honor.” Slavery was a national problem and a national responsibility of all Americans. The Civil War, like the Vietnam War, was a tragedy in which many Americans fought on the wrong side because they were misled by their political leaders.

protectionist still does not admit his propaganda photo about the New Orlean’s black militia in 1861 was misleading. That he was actually WRONG when he said they fought Union soldiers under the Confederate Battle Flag. Has he any more photos of armed Southern blacks fighting for the South? No?

By the way, I never denied there were a few such men who, out of personal loyalty or fear or hope of eventual freedom, did fight beside their masters. But there were hundreds of thousands who fought against the Confederacy, and even more who struck or fled to Union lines at the first opportunity. These Southerners, among the almost 4 million slaves in the South, were the ones fighting for freedom. Naturally.
You’re delusional.
The south fought against tariffs hurting their economy. Slavery was legal until over a year into the war.

Correll
I despise the historical lies told by those who are so shallow and defensive that they cannot recognize historical truths about the Confederacy. It is you who continue to push lies, and lies inevitably further divide our nation, and cut off the road to a better future. In passing, in justifying these lies you insult a large part of our people and shame us before the world. Those who wave the Confederate banner, whether they mean to or not, are waving a banner of racism.

When you divide out one group, such as whites, or SOuthern Whites and tell them that they alone are not allowed to celebrate their heritage or ancestors,

it is you who is being divisive.

It is you who is making sure that our path into the future will be one of bitter division and hate, instead of living together in harmony.

Which Confederate Heritage is that?

A heritage of hating the United States
A heritage if owning slaves

Or are you a faggot?
You repeatedly misrepresent history and are repeatedly exposed doing so, so now your crybaby argument is that Southerners are “not being allowed“ to celebrate the “heritage of their ancestors.” First of all, even Americans raised in the Deep South are by no means all whites, and the heritage of white Southerners is not at all primarily embodied in the Confederacy.

We Americans are lucky. We are free to choose and forge our own identities. Even outside the U.S. cultured people individually and collectively can and do make choices. Germans did not choose to define their heritage by the Third Reich, which lasted 3x longer than the Confederate Rebellion. Why are so many whites still attached to the Confederacy and the Confederate Flag? Mainly because for historical reasons it became associated with a hundred years of Jim Crow apartheid, and racism, and white supremacy, because it was tolerated — even supported — by our whole country.

Today, decades after the Civil Rights Movement forced the end of Jim Crow, it is perfectly natural that miopic reactionary “celebrations” of Confederate heritage be banned from our public squares, courtrooms, State Capitols, and from our military. State by state and county by county public authorities have voted to remove Confederate symbols and particularly controversial statues from public arenas. This is part of the democratic process and it is overwhelmingly appropriate and legitimate.

Personally, I look forward to the day when nobody “celebrates” the Confederate rebellion, or sees it as central to his identity. But that of course is up to each individual.

P.S. It would also be nice if you didn’t feel you have to end your “arguments” by asking opponents if they are “faggots.” Not very mature.

Last edited:
Will Southern Heritage include reenactments of Jim Crow?

Separate water fountains for Colored and White
Back of the bus days for negroes
Water canons and attack dogs
Bombing black churches

Or are you a faggot?
You repeatedly misrepresent history and are repeatedly exposed doing so, so now your crybaby argument is that Southerners are “not being allowed“ to celebrate the “heritage of their ancestors.” First of all, even Americans raised in the Deep South are by no means all whites, and the heritage of white Southerners is not at all primarily embodied in the Confederacy.

We Americans are lucky. We are free to choose and forge our own identities. Even outside the U.S. cultured people individually and collectively can and do make choices. Germans did not choose to define their heritage by the Third Reich, which lasted 3x longer than the Confederate Rebellion. Why are so many whites still attached to the Confederacy and the Confederate Flag? Mainly because for historical reasons it became associated with a hundred years of Jim Crow apartheid, and racism, and white supremacy, because it was tolerated — even supported — by our whole country.

Today, decades after the Civil Rights Movement forced the end of Jim Crow, it is perfectly natural that miopic reactionary “celebrations” of Confederate heritage be banned from our public squares, courtrooms, State Capitols, and from our military. State by state and county by county public authorities have voted to remove Confederate symbols and particularly controversial statues from public arenas. This is part of the democratic process and it is overwhelmingly appropriate and legitimate.

Personally, I look forward to the day when nobody “celebrates” the Confederate rebellion, or sees it as central to his identity. But that of course is up to each individual.

P.S. It would also be nice if you didn’t feel you have to end your “arguments” by asking opponents if they are “faggots.” Not very mature.
Excellent one-way explanation defending censorship.
The confederacy fought for states’ rights and military officers led nobly.
Marxists like yourself only wish to apply selective views in order to justify consorship, revise history and thereby make Marxism easier to employ.

Or are you a faggot?
You repeatedly misrepresent history and are repeatedly exposed doing so, so now your crybaby argument is that Southerners are “not being allowed“ to celebrate the “heritage of their ancestors.” ...

Dude. Rw is a troll. He asks "Questions" not to get an answer, but as a zinger.

If you don't see that, you are blind. More likely you do see it, and are supporting his sleazy debating tactics because of partisan loyalty while pretending to be above them.

Knock that shit off. YOu want to discuss the issues, seriously, I would like that. YOu want to be civil? Me too.

Hint: YOu call me "wacist" and I will not pretend that is a valid point. I will take it as you just calling me names, like a troll, and I will respond appropriately.

THe choice is yours. BUt don't bullshit me.

Or are you a faggot?

Excellent one-way explanation defending censorship.
The confederacy fought for states’ rights and military officers led nobly.
Marxists like yourself only wish to apply selective views in order to justify consorship, revise history and thereby make Marxism easier to employ.
Confederacy fought to maintain slavery and because they hated the USA.

So now the ridiculous protectionist argues, among other absurdities, that “many of them [southern white Confederate soldiers] didn’t even know it [slavery] existed”!!!

The level of self-delusion of some of these “Lost Cause” apologists is truly ridiculous. By the way, nothing I say is an attack on anybody’s “honor.” Slavery was a national problem and a national responsibility of all Americans. The Civil War, like the Vietnam War, was a tragedy in which many Americans fought on the wrong side because they were misled by their political leaders.

protectionist still does not admit his propaganda photo about the New Orlean’s black militia in 1861 was misleading. That he was actually WRONG when he said they fought Union soldiers under the Confederate Battle Flag. Has he any more photos of armed Southern blacks fighting for the South? No?

By the way, I never denied there were a few such men who, out of personal loyalty or fear or hope of eventual freedom, did fight beside their masters. But there were hundreds of thousands who fought against the Confederacy, and even more who struck or fled to Union lines at the first opportunity. These Southerners, among the almost 4 million slaves in the South, were the ones fighting for freedom. Naturally.
The ridiculous Tom Paine still won't admit that hundreds of blacks most certainly DID fight for the star & bars flag of the Confederacy, and furthermore, there are thousands of blacks living here in the South right now, who would fight for the South, if again, it were invaded by anybody, including an army from the north calling itself US Army.

That was established in my Post # 551, with both a link to ancestral findings, and photos of southern blacks holding and wearing Confederate flags. Some folks are so into what they think is right, that they refuse to face truth, even when it hits them square in the face.

And Tempestuous Tommy was also WRONG when he said I did not have any more photos of black Confederate soldiers other than New Orlean’s black militia in 1861. I posted TWO photos of black Confederate soldiers, not just one.

Also, I never said that some southern blacks didn't go fight for the north, because I generally stick to one subject at a time, rather than change the subject.

Lastly, I don't know why the Vietnam War is being mentioned here, but as long as it was, I would just say that it dies correlate with the Civil War. This, by US military being the attackers in both cases, and the North Vietnamese/NLF and the
Confederacy being the defenders.

Bombing black churches
Looks like you've been immersed in those black & white, old, 50's footage of civil rights struggles, relentlessly pushed by PBS TV shows, designed to compensate for the lack of any slavery, lack of any Jim Crow, and lack of anything for blacks to legitimately bitch about, anymore.

Noticeably absent from such propaganda shows, are any mentions of racist Affirmative Action discrimination, taking place for 56 years, right up to NOW.

And as you are obviously clueless about Southern heritage, here's a healthy dose of it, in southern country-folk-jazz (Bluegrass) to educate you >>

Last edited:

Bombing black churches
Looks like you've been immersed in those black & white, old, 50's footage of civil rights struggles, relentlessly pushed by PBS TV shows, designed to compensate for the lack of any slavery, lack of any Jim Crow, and lack of anything for blacks to legitimately bitch about, anymore.

Noticeably absent from such propaganda shows, are any mentions of racist Affirmative Action discrimination, taking place for 56 years, right up to NOW.
Affirmative Action was a major success. All American families benefitted from it

This, ho hum, is just another example of leftists (who define things entirely THEIR own way) trying to make arguments based on their particular perspective, while completely ignoring the perspectives of 100 Million Americans (black & white), who live in the South. This is IF they even have the slightest idea of what that perspective is.

In many, if not most, cases of leftist yammering, they don't care what the Southern perspective is, they are wishing to paint a picture of conservatives being racists, and in so doing, they put the Confederate flag, into a picture about slavery and Jim Crow, both of which are long outdated. This is one of the ways they try to gin up votes for Democrats. Ho hum. Yawn***

Affirmative Action was a major success. All American families benefitted from it

ABSURD! Affirmative Action has been perhaps the # 1 ABOMINATION in American economics for 56 years. It is the # 1 racist discrimination, victimizing, by far, the largest number of people in America, and many, if not most, lives have been partially destroyed by it.

And just look at the hypocrisy of the despicable left, who supports this # 1 racism in America, all the while chanting against racism. To them, malicious racism is perfectly OK, as long as blacks are the beneficiaries, and whites are the victims. This is America's # 1 DISGRACE, since the Vietnam War.

All whites and Asians who have had the lives ruined by this disaster, should be paid reparations$$$, directly from the pockets of all those who are guilty of pushing and supporting AA.

You are either the biggest LIAR or the biggest IDIOT in this forum.

Personally, I would have chosen a month with 31 days in it, but I'm not the Governor.

"Mississippi Republican Gov. Tate Reeves has declared April as Confederate Heritage Month.

The first-year governor is following the practice of several of his Democratic and Republican predecessors, and his action is drawing criticism from the state’s only African American congressman.

“Unnecessary,” Democratic U.S. Rep. Bennie Thompson wrote Monday on Twitter.

The Mississippi chapter of Sons of Confederate Veterans recently posted Reeves’s proclamation on its Facebook page.

“God bless the Confederate Soldier. Many of whom are buried in unmarked and unknown mass graves throughout the South,” the group said in the post. “May he, or his sacrifices, never be forgotten...”

Mississippi governor declares Confederate Heritage Month

This is excellent, there should be a fight back against the Neo-Communists who want to wipe out American Heritage. I spend 6 months in Texas and there I also meet MANY American Southerners who were VERY VERY nice and I also read a lot about American Southern Heritage and I think it is charming, also I add that American Southerners have EXCELLENT manners, this was something that did NOT occur for example when I visited San Francisco, but that is for another thread.

For now of course, this:

1594407482005.png

ABSURD! Affirmative Action has been perhaps the # 1 ABOMINATION in American economics for 56 years. It is the # 1 racist discrimination, victimizing, by far, the largest number of people in America, and many, if not most, lives have been partially destroyed by it.

And just look at the hypocrisy of the despicable left, who supports this # 1 racism in America, all the while chanting against racism. To them, malicious racism is perfectly OK, as long as blacks are the beneficiaries, and whites are the victims. This is America's # 1 DISGRACE, since the Vietnam War.

All whites and Asians who have had the lives ruined by this disaster, should be paid reparations$$$, directly from the pockets of all those who are guilty of pushing and supporting AA.

You are either the biggest LIAR or the biggest IDIOT in this forum.
Affirmative Action WORKED

It provided previously unobtainable job opportunities to minorities and WOMEN

Confederacy fought to maintain slavery and because they hated the USA.
This is the left's line on the Civil War, and why southerners fought. It is pure bullshit mixed with ignorance. 90% of southerners fought for ONE REASON >> because they found themselves under attack.

As ignorant Tom Paine shows he knows nothing about the 19th century southerner, maybe I need to ask him again >> "What would you do with these blue suited guys shooting at YOU, blowing up your houses, and burning down your churches ? Offer them lollipops ?"

And I guess I need to repeat another earlier post too >> Most of what was fought by southerners in the Civil War has absolutely nothing to do with race. Many southerners in southern mountain states (VA, NC, SC, TN, GA, AL, AK), where slavery did not exist. They were many miles from slave-worked plantations, on the coastal plains of the South. They had no TV, radio, computers or much of any communication, and may have not even known that black people existed, let alone about slavery. You're not well informed, Tom Paine. Hope you're learning now.

You little conception of the Civil War is nothing but a tool painting, painted by liberals who want to hang a label of racist on every conservative, and/or anyone wearing a confederate flag hat, jacket etc. Some of these liberals are pushing an agenda. Other are duped suckers who eat up the propaganda.

Meanwhile, the real racists in 2020, are those supporting race-based Affirmative Action malicious, racial discrimination against whites. Here is the flag of RACISM >>

1594408185198.png

Forum List

Back