Mississippi Governor Declares April as Confederate Heritage Month

The state of Mississippi just got blasted recently by a cat 5 tornado. Now they have a massive homeless problem to go with an airborne virus that is highly contagious and kills people. No coincidence this happens shortly after they declare confederate history month.

I've been waiting for one of the tele-evangelist types to say that Covid19 is God's punishment for not tossing Trump out of office. I mean look what has happened to the country since that vote went the wrong way. The virus, tornados, floods, murder hornets, and racial unrest.

The Robertsons, Franklins, and other political preachers are always saying that bad things happening are a result of abortion or gay rights. They are strangely silent on all of the shit that's happening because of Trump's incompetence, although they've stopped all of that dumb "Chosen One" horseshit.
Yep, they conveniently don't speak on that because they will have to admit they are false prophets..

I've been waiting for one of the tele-evangelist types to say that Covid19 is God's punishment for not tossing Trump out of office. I mean look what has happened to the country since that vote went the wrong way. The virus, tornados, floods, murder hornets, and racial unrest.

The Robertsons, Franklins, and other political preachers are always saying that bad things happening are a result of abortion or gay rights. They are strangely silent on all of the shit that's happening because of Trump's incompetence, although they've stopped all of that dumb "Chosen One" horseshit.
Could it be that the "virus, tornados, floods, murder hornets, and racial unrest" are instead, "God's punishment" for the Russian collusion lie, the Democrats' impeachment attempt, and Democrat mayors' complicity in allowing rioters to wreck their cities ? :biggrin:

This stuff all started after he was acquitted.

130,000 people would not be dead, and 3 million more sick, if Trump had been removed from office. As bad as Pence has been in managing this thing, he's been miles ahead of the President. It was Trump's early decisions on testing and two months of doing nothing while the disease was spreading, that have put you in the situation you're in now.

Now, he's washed his hands of doing ANYTHING other than holding rallies, and no one will be coming.

God bless the Confederacy. They were right in their secession. God damn the filthy Union for sending thugs to kill Americans.

The Mayor and Governor and a solid majority of the City Council agreed, though only after much debate and dissension, and only after a state ban on removing statues was rescinded in the state legislature —

Richmond, the old capitol of the Confederacy, on Tuesday removed yet another city-owned statue from Monument Avenue, this one of General J.E.B. Stewart. The final resting place of it and the statues already or soon to be removed, all built during the Jim Crow Era, has yet to be determined.

“Another Confederate statue on Richmond's iconic Monument Avenue was removed Tuesday, the third in a weekend, the final one owned by the city that was once the capital of the Confederacy.

“The bronze monument to Confederate Gen. J.E.B. Stuart on horseback was hoisted from its granite base as crowds cheered early Tuesday.
“The Stuart statue was one of four monuments of prominent Confederate leaders owned by the city of Richmond that have been removed in recent weeks. Three have been taken down by the city while a statue of Jefferson Davis was torn down by protesters”

Majority of Richmond City Council affirms support for removing Confederate monuments

BTW, many of these Confederate soldiers were blacks.

View attachment 360761
The “1st Louisiana Native Guard” militiamen pictured here included French-speaking, Creole and African-American freemen who briefly made up a uniquely New Orleans “home guard.” They never fought Union forces, were never allowed even to guard captured Union prisoners. They were ordered to disband immediately after the Louisiana legislature insisted in January 1962 that the militia should consist only of white men, and were abandoned to their fate when the Union army sailed into New Orleans and Confederate forces fled.

These men were self armed, numbering as many as 1500 men at one point. As the Union ships arrived in port in April 1962 they were ordered to hide their weapons and return to their homes by the head of the Confederate Louisiana militia. Instead their leaders met Union General Benjamin Butler, and many were soon reorganized into the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Native Guards Union regiments. Their leaders became the first Black officers in the history of the United States Army.

1st Louisiana Native Guard (CSA) - Wikipedia
And they lived happily ever after in segregated northern slums.
Actually, many served bravely throughout the war, and afterwards undoubtedly worked in the Reconstruction government or the local militia under ex-Confederate General Longstreet. Longstreet himself was shot and many black militiamen were killed in the subsequent highly organized white racist riots, massacres and insurrections in 1873 and 1874 that ended integrated Reconstruction rule in New Orleans and throughout the state.

So, RoshawnMarkwees , what do you think now of your “Black Confederate” soldiers in New Orleans?

An example worthy of study for “Confederate History Month”?
I misunderstood and thought you were talking about blacks fighting for the north. My bad.

The “1st Louisiana Native Guard” militiamen pictured here included French-speaking, Creole and African-American freemen who briefly made up a uniquely New Orleans “home guard.” They never fought Union forces, were never allowed even to guard captured Union prisoners. They were ordered to disband immediately after the Louisiana legislature insisted in January 1862 that the militia should consist only of white men, and were abandoned to their fate when the Union army sailed into New Orleans and Confederate forces fled.

These men were self armed, numbering as many as 1500 at one point. As the Union ships arrived in port in April 1862 they were ordered to hide their weapons and return to their homes by the head of the Confederate Louisiana militia. Instead their leaders met Union General Benjamin Butler, and many were soon reorganized into the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Native Guards Union regiments. Their leaders became the first Black officers in the history of the United States Army.

For more information: 1st Louisiana Native Guard (CSA) - Wikipedia
You missed the point. Point is, they served in a southern military unit, with confederate flag, and put their lives on the line. You cowardly implied (without coming right out and saying it) that the flag only represented slavery. Looks like the flag meant something more than that to them.

The Mayor and Governor and a solid majority of the City Council agreed, though only after much debate and dissension, and only after a state ban on removing statues was rescinded in the state legislature —

Richmond, the old capitol of the Confederacy, on Tuesday removed yet another city-owned statue from Monument Avenue, this one of General J.E.B. Stewart. The final resting place of it and the statues already or soon to be removed, all built during the Jim Crow Era, has yet to be determined.

“Another Confederate statue on Richmond's iconic Monument Avenue was removed Tuesday, the third in a weekend, the final one owned by the city that was once the capital of the Confederacy.

“The bronze monument to Confederate Gen. J.E.B. Stuart on horseback was hoisted from its granite base as crowds cheered early Tuesday.
“The Stuart statue was one of four monuments of prominent Confederate leaders owned by the city of Richmond that have been removed in recent weeks. Three have been taken down by the city while a statue of Jefferson Davis was torn down by protesters”

Majority of Richmond City Council affirms support for removing Confederate monuments
How did the thread move from Confederate Heritage Month in Mississippi, to statue removal in Richmond, Virginia ?

BTW, since the George Floyd protests began May 25, a total of 23 Confederate statues/monuments/memorials have been removed. This leaves 1,480 still standing.

So, RoshawnMarkwees , what do you think now of your “Black Confederate” soldiers in New Orleans?
Yes. Very worthy. The served as soldiers under the Confederacy, and fought for it. To them, the rebel flag meant homeland being attacked, not slavery.
They did not fight for the Confederacy. That is your first error and an example of “Lost Cause” propaganda.

Did you read my comments? I never said every poor white Southerner fought consciously for slavery. Even less did these free black men, who wisely followed their own self-interest when they armed themselves in those perilous times. They knew their exceptional rights as free men in New Orleans were under threat. They never fought Union forces. They were not trusted even to guard Union soldiers. They also did not fight under the Confederate Battle Flag we are discussing, which did not come into usage as symbol of the Confederacy until 1863, when many of these soldiers were already wearing Union Blue and fighting against that flag and what it represented.

The Confederate Battle Flag has its own history, and history has meaning. It cannot be separated (however embarrassing it may be for some) from the oligarchy of slave owners who led the fight to defend a slave system, rebelling against an elected Republican President of our country. It cannot be separated from 100 years of Jim Crow. It is still waved by maniacs like the young white killer of nine black Charleston Church goers in 2015. In the eyes of many Americans, white and black, it is seen as no better than a Nazi flag. It is time for it to be retired from public life. The men who fought under it and against it are dead and buried. They can all be respected for their courage without elevating and celebrating the Confederate rebellion.

Last edited:
Yes. Very worthy. The served as soldiers under the Confederacy, and fought for it. To them, the rebel flag meant homeland being attacked, not slavery.
They did not fight for the Confederacy. That is your first error and an example of “Lost Cause” propaganda.

Did you read my comments? I never said every poor white Southerner fought consciously for slavery. Even less did these free black men, who wisely followed their own self-interest when they armed themselves in those perilous times. They knew their exceptional rights as free men in New Orleans were under threat. They never fought Union forces. They were not trusted even to guard Union soldiers. They also did not fight under the Confederate Battle Flag we are discussing, which did not come into usage as symbol of the Confederacy until 1863, when many of these soldiers were already wearing Union Blue and fighting against that flag and what it represented.

The Confederate Battle Flag has its own history, and history has meaning. It cannot be separated (however embarrassing it may be for some) from the oligarchy of slave owners who led the fight to defend a slave system, rebelling against an elected Republican President of our country. It cannot be separated from 100 years of Jim Crow. It is still waved by maniacs like the young white killer of nine black Charleston Church goers in 2015. In the eyes of many Americans, white and black, it is seen as no better than a Nazi flag. It is time for it to be retired from public life. The men who fought under it and against it are dead and buried. They can all be respected for their courage without elevating and celebrating the Confederate rebellion.
As usual. we have a leftist who has no idea what the conservative who is talking to him is talking about. You might as well be speaking Chinese, here for all the communication that is going on.

1. You may think you know this Civil War history but you're wrong. Black soldiers DID fight for the Confederacy. For a long time, scholars argued that no black soldiers fought for the Confederacy. However, the historical evidence, mainly in the highly trustworthy sources of first hand accounts of them by people who saw them, and Confederate war records that identify them, prove they did exist. Some even fought in an unofficial capacity, before blacks were officially allowed to become soldiers in the Confederate States of America.

2. Like white southerners, some blacks fought for the Confederacy, under the rebel flag, in uniform, and many fought not in uniform. There are various reasons why they fought, but the overwhelming common reason was the same as why 90% of white southerners fought. > Because armies came to THEIR TOWNS and were shooting at them. That's why. What would you do with these blue suited guys shooting at YOU, blowing up your houses, and burning down your churches ? Offer them lollipops ?

3. Your conception of the Confederate flag is typical of many ignorant leftists (particularly living outside the South), who are programmed by leftist propagandists to think as you do.
Of course the Confederate flag is seperated from the oligarchy of slave owners who led the fight to defend a slave system. That is a very small part of the reason why southerners of any race) fought. As I just said in # 2 of this post, 90% of southerners fought just to defend themselves and their communities from attack. Did you see Confederates going into New York state ? Vermont ? Michigan ? Illinois ? Minnesota ? NO. 99% of the war was fought in the South, Union armies attacking, Confederate armies defending.
You think these soldiers cared about slavery ? Many of them didn't even know it existed. Many didn't know black people existed, and had never seen one. Slaveowners were a very tiny minority of southerners, and their cause had relatively very few people interested in it.

4. Oh, so the Confederate flag is "waved by maniacs like the young white killer of nine black Charleston Church goers in 2015", is it ? Well, aren't you aware that millions of southerners (black AND white) wave it, still TODAY, as a reverence to the PLACE WHERE THEY LIVE >> HOME. And nothing much more than that. In what state do you live ?

1594290184177.png
1594290247675.png
1594292834879.png
1594290229954.png
1594290304923.png

1594290548249.png
1594290574176.png
1594290798324.png
1594292636690.png

1594290865682.png

Last edited:

The Confederate Battle Flag has its own history, and history has meaning. It cannot be separated (however embarrassing it may be for some) from the oligarchy of slave owners who led the fight to defend a slave system, rebelling against an elected Republican President of our country. ...

Sure it can. And it was. Generations ago. It was part of Reconciliation, a policy supported by those that fought and actually defeated the "oligarchy of slaver owners".

Who are you to rescind their decision on that matter? What Moral Authority do you have that trumps their Heroism and Sacrifice?

It would be valid of you to DISAGREE with their historical decision. But to claim it did not happen, when you know it did, is dishonest.

Personally, I would have chosen a month with 31 days in it, but I'm not the Governor.

"Mississippi Republican Gov. Tate Reeves has declared April as Confederate Heritage Month.

The first-year governor is following the practice of several of his Democratic and Republican predecessors, and his action is drawing criticism from the state’s only African American congressman.

“Unnecessary,” Democratic U.S. Rep. Bennie Thompson wrote Monday on Twitter.

The Mississippi chapter of Sons of Confederate Veterans recently posted Reeves’s proclamation on its Facebook page.

“God bless the Confederate Soldier. Many of whom are buried in unmarked and unknown mass graves throughout the South,” the group said in the post. “May he, or his sacrifices, never be forgotten...”

Mississippi governor declares Confederate Heritage Month
This ought to help the gop gain black support...

pB43k.jpg

Personally, I would have chosen a month with 31 days in it, but I'm not the Governor.

"Mississippi Republican Gov. Tate Reeves has declared April as Confederate Heritage Month.

The first-year governor is following the practice of several of his Democratic and Republican predecessors, and his action is drawing criticism from the state’s only African American congressman.

The Mississippi chapter of Sons of Confederate Veterans recently posted Reeves’s proclamation on its Facebook page.

“God bless the Confederate Soldier. Many of whom are buried in unmarked and unknown mass graves throughout the South,” the group said in the post. “May he, or his sacrifices, never be forgotten...”

View attachment 361266

Supporting the idea that whites have to be ashamed of their past, will destroy this nation.

View attachment 361266

Supporting the idea that whites have to be ashamed of their past, will destroy this nation.
Why would we have to be ashamed?

I have many unpleasant things in my past as do all of us i am sure. Do you celebrate yours? I don't.

I have many unpleasant things in my past as do all of us i am sure. Do you celebrate yours? I don't.
Neither do southerners who celebrate their regional pride, which leftists distort and fabricate into a false idea of slavery approval. How dumb. See Post # 551.

View attachment 361266

Nope. But I don't let others shame me for them.

We cannot have a nation, where half the nation is expected to be kow tow to the other half, because of past sins.

So now the ridiculous protectionist argues, among other absurdities, that “many of them [southern white Confederate soldiers] didn’t even know it [slavery] existed”!!!

The level of self-delusion of some of these “Lost Cause” apologists is truly ridiculous. By the way, nothing I say is an attack on anybody’s “honor.” Slavery was a national problem and a national responsibility of all Americans. The Civil War, like the Vietnam War, was a tragedy in which many Americans fought on the wrong side because they were misled by their political leaders.

protectionist still does not admit his propaganda photo about the New Orlean’s black militia in 1861 was misleading. That he was actually WRONG when he said they fought Union soldiers under the Confederate Battle Flag. Has he any more photos of armed Southern blacks fighting for the South? No?

By the way, I never denied there were a few such men who, out of personal loyalty or fear or hope of eventual freedom, did fight beside their masters. But there were hundreds of thousands who fought against the Confederacy, and even more who struck or fled to Union lines at the first opportunity. These Southerners, among the almost 4 million slaves in the South, were the ones fighting for freedom. Naturally.

Last edited:
So now the ridiculous protectionist argues, among other absurdities, that “many of them [southern white Confederate soldiers] didn’t even know it [slavery] existed”!!!

The level of self-delusion of some of these “Lost Cause” apologists is truly ridiculous. By the way, nothing I say is an attack on anybody’s “honor.” Slavery was a national problem and a national responsibility of all Americans. The Civil War, like the Vietnam War, was a tragedy in which many Americans fought on the wrong side because they were misled by their political leaders.

protectionist still does not admit his propaganda photo about the New Orlean’s black militia in 1861 was misleading. That he was actually WRONG when he said they fought Union soldiers under the Confederate Battle Flag. Has he any more photos of armed Southern blacks fighting for the South? No? By the way, I never denied there were ... a few such men who out of personal loyalty did so fight beside their masters. But there were hundreds of thousands who fought against the Confederacy, and even more who struck or fled to Union lines at the first opportunity. These southerners wanted freedom. Naturally.

What is truly ridiculous is the pretense of people being offended or upset over events that occurried over a century before they were born.

I recall teasing a visiting Canadian scout, pretending to be angry over the way the Canadians kicked our asses in the war of 1812.

I was joking. He took it that way. We had a laugh. It was funny.

No reasonable person would really be pissed off about that.

Correll
I despise the historical lies told by those who are so shallow and defensive that they cannot recognize historical truths about the Confederacy. It is you who continue to push lies, and lies inevitably further divide our nation, and cut off the road to a better future. In passing, in justifying these lies you insult a large part of our people and shame us before the world. Those who wave the Confederate banner, whether they mean to or not, are waving a banner of racism.

Forum List

Back