Minimum wage rate and labors’ market prices.

You find fault with the federal minimum wage rate because it doesn’t sufficiently increase incomes of families with working-poor members.
I find fault with it because it reduces employment and makes it more difficult for
people at the bottom of the economy to start the climb up the ladder.

Your suggested remedy to eliminate minimum wage laws would consequentially reduce purchasing powers of the working-poor by extents ranging from critical to substantial portions of their wage incomes.
I suggest your claim is wrong.
ToddsterPatriot, what you describe as MY suggestions or claims are all based upon implications derived from U.S. Congressional Budget office’s projections.
You quote single statements out of context of other pertinent texts and graphs within CBO’s reports regarding the federal minimum wage rate. CBO’s projected scenario’s greatly differ from those you paint. Respectfully, Supposn

You find fault with the federal minimum wage rate because it doesn’t sufficiently increase incomes of families with working-poor members.
I find fault with it because it reduces employment and makes it more difficult for
people at the bottom of the economy to start the climb up the ladder.

Your suggested remedy to eliminate minimum wage laws would consequentially reduce purchasing powers of the working-poor by extents ranging from critical to substantial portions of their wage incomes.
ToddsterPatriot, what you describe as MY suggestions or claims are all based upon implications derived from U.S. Congressional Budget office’s projections.
You quote single statements out of context of other pertinent texts and graphs within CBO’s reports regarding the federal minimum wage rate. CBO’s projected scenario’s greatly differ from those you paint. Respectfully, Supposn

what you describe as MY suggestions or claims are all based upon implications derived from U.S. Congressional Budget office’s projections.

Where did the CBO imply that eliminating the minimum wage would "reduce purchasing powers of the working-poor by extents ranging from critical to substantial portions of their wage incomes"?

Link?

CBO’s projected scenario’s greatly differ from those you paint.

Where did they project the scenario where the minimum wage laws are repealed?

People should be free to work for anyone, for any price they can get. They shouldn't be prevented from working just because someone else thinks they're not getting paid enough.
DBlack, people are generally free to work for anyone, for any price. (There are non-competitive or confidentiality provisions within some employment contracts).
Employers are prohibited from paying less than the legally applicable minimum wage rate.

Someone else? Are you referring to the U.S. Congress that passed the federal minimum wage rate, or the U.S. President that signed the rate increase act so it could be enacted?
Respectfully, Supposn

Someone else? Are you referring to the U.S. Congress that passed the federal minimum wage rate, or the U.S. President that signed the rate increase act so it could be enacted?
Respectfully, Supposn

I'm referring to anyone other than the employer and the employee. The compensation they both agree to is no one else's business.

Someone else? Are you referring to the U.S. Congress that passed the federal minimum wage rate, or the U.S. President that signed the rate increase act so it could be enacted? Respectfully, Supposn
I'm referring to anyone other than the employer and the employee. The compensation they both agree to is no one else's business.
DBlack, your opinion differs from most USA voters. Your opinion additionally differs from the members of the U.S. Congress and the presidents that passed and enacted the federal acts that established or increased federal minimum wage rates.

Are you also contending we voters should not be concerned regarding our nation’s policies and/or our government should by unconcerned regarding our nation’s economic and social well-being? Respectfully, Supposn

ToddsterPatriot, the Congressional Budget office, (CBO) projects $19 of 2018 purchasing power valued dollars as being the top of the low-rate wage bracket in 2025, if the federal minimum wage rate, (FMWR) is then (in 2025) $15 per hour.

In my opinion the CBO projection of $19 describes a too narrow a bracket of wage rates. (i.e. $19 under-states the top of that that LOWEST-RATE bracket of wage rates).

If and when a FMWR of $15 per hour is ever achieved, $19 should not be described as the top of the LOW, but rather the top of the LOWEST bracket of rates that are most critically affected by the FMWR.

The LOW-rate bracket should be those wage rates affected by the FMWR to the extents ranging from critical to substantial portions of jobs’ rates. The top of that LOW-rate bracket of wage rates is higher than $19 expressed in dollars’ of 2018 valued purchasing power regardless of whatever is the then current FMWR. Respectfully, Supposn

ToddsterPatriot, the Congressional Budget office, (CBO) projects $19 of 2018 purchasing power valued dollars as being the top of the low-rate wage bracket in 2025, if the federal minimum wage rate, (FMWR) is then (in 2025) $15 per hour.

In my opinion the CBO projection of $19 describes a too narrow a bracket of wage rates. (i.e. $19 under-states the top of that that LOWEST-RATE bracket of wage rates).

If and when a FMWR of $15 per hour is ever achieved, $19 should not be described as the top of the LOW, but rather the top of the LOWEST bracket of rates that are most critically affected by the FMWR.

The LOW-rate bracket should be those wage rates affected by the FMWR to the extents ranging from critical to substantial portions of jobs’ rates. The top of that LOW-rate bracket of wage rates is higher than $19 expressed in dollars’ of 2018 valued purchasing power regardless of whatever is the then current FMWR. Respectfully, Supposn

the Congressional Budget office, (CBO) projects $19 of 2018 purchasing power valued dollars as being the top of the low-rate wage bracket in 2025,

Where is the definition of "low-rate wage bracket"?
Why does it matter?

$15 is lower than $19?

I'm proving I know more than you.
With what? You need more than Your currently unsubstantiated opinion.

I understand the math in my previous posts was too complex for you.
What math? The article I cited stated around eighteen dollars an hour by 2025.

You originally claimed, " According some current literature, the minimum wage should be around eighteen dollars an hour if adjusted for inflation."

I showed your claim was incorrect.

The article I cited stated around eighteen dollars an hour by 2025.

Your citation stated that $18 in 2025 was needed to match $15, if it has been enacted in 2012.

Someone else? Are you referring to the U.S. Congress that passed the federal minimum wage rate, or the U.S. President that signed the rate increase act so it could be enacted? Respectfully, Supposn
DBlack, your opinion differs from most USA voters.
Yes, that's obvious.

Your opinion additionally differs from the members of the U.S. Congress and the presidents that passed and enacted the federal acts that established or increased federal minimum wage rates.
Yep. Right again. Two in a row! Congrats.

Are you also contending we voters should not be concerned regarding our nation’s policies and/or our government should by unconcerned regarding our nation’s economic and social well-being? Respectfully, Supposn
They can be "concerned" all they want, but they have no right to bully others in the name of their concerns.

Here's what I'm "contending": People should be free to work and trade with each other via whatever terms they can mutually agree to.

The thing is, statists see government as a way to "run" society. I don't. Government should enforce rules that protect individual rights. The state should not be in charge of telling us how to live. Government shouldn't be deciding what would be in our best interests and then forcing us to comply. We can figure that out for ourselves, voluntarily.

Last edited:
the Congressional Budget office, (CBO) projects $19 of 2018 purchasing power valued dollars as being the top of the low-rate wage bracket in 2025,

Where is the definition of "low-rate wage bracket"? ...
ToddsterPatriot, you didn’t intentionally not include the last qualifying phrase of my sentence you quoted?
You correctly pointed out my error and the consequential purpose of my prior post addressed to you.

Congressional Budget Office’s, (CBO’s) description of low wage rates bracket’s (top) 2025 is based upon the federal minimum wage rate remaining at its present $7.25 per hour in 2025. Of course the top rate of the low-wage rate bracket would be substantially greater than $19 per hour if the 2025 minimum rate were increased to $15 per hour.

Refer to page 10 of https://www.cbo.gov/system/files/2019-07/CBO-55410-MinimumWage2019.pdf , “…. Low-wage workers are people who are projected, under current law, to be paid less than $19 per hour in 2025. “

Respectfully, Supposn

Where is the definition of "low-rate wage bracket"? ...
ToddsterPatriot, you didn’t intentionally not include the last qualifying phrase of my sentence you quoted?
You correctly pointed out my error and the consequential purpose of my prior post addressed to you.

Congressional Budget Office’s, (CBO’s) description of low wage rates bracket’s (top) 2025 is based upon the federal minimum wage rate remaining at its present $7.25 per hour in 2025. Of course the top rate of the low-wage rate bracket would be substantially greater than $19 per hour if the 2025 minimum rate were increased to $15 per hour.

Refer to page 10 of https://www.cbo.gov/system/files/2019-07/CBO-55410-MinimumWage2019.pdf , “…. Low-wage workers are people who are projected, under current law, to be paid less than $19 per hour in 2025. “

Respectfully, Supposn

Why is $19 the top of the low-rate wage bracket? Is the "low-rate wage bracket" a certain percentage of workers? A certain multiple of the poverty rate? A number that "sounds good"?
Does the "last qualifying phrase" explain why it matters?

, “…. Low-wage workers are people who are projected, under current law, to be paid less than $19 per hour in 2025. “

Are you reduced to posting tautologies now?

Workers in the low-rate wage bracket in 2025 have lower wages.
What are low-wage workers paid now?

ToddsterPatriot, what tautology? Supposn's earlier post was : "ToddsterPatriot, the Congressional Budget office, (CBO) projects $19 of 2018 purchasing power valued dollars as being the top of the low-rate wage bracket in 2025, if the federal minimum wage rate, (FMWR) is then (in 2025) $15 per hour.

In my opinion the CBO projection of $19 describes a too narrow a bracket of wage rates. (i.e. $19 understates the top of that LOWEST-RATE bracket of wage rates).

The LOW-rate bracket should be those wage rates affected by the FMWR to the extents ranging from critical to substantial portions of jobs’ rates. The top of that LOW-rate bracket of wage rates is higher than $19 expressed in dollars’ of 2018 valued purchasing power regardless of whatever is the then current FMWR. Respectfully, Supposn" .

ToddsterPatriot's responded with : Where is the definition of "low-rate wage bracket?"
Supposn referred back to the CBO’s reports and 2 hours after his earlier post additionally posted a correction to his erroneous misquotation of the CBO’s words.
Supposn posted: "ToddsterPatriot, ... You correctly pointed out my error and the consequential purpose of my prior post addressed to you.

Congressional Budget Office’s, (CBO’s) description of low wage rates bracket’s (top) 2025 is based upon the federal minimum wage rate remaining at its present $7.25 per hour in 2025. Of course, the top rate of the low-wage rate bracket would be substantially greater than $19 per hour if the 2025 minimum rate were increased to $15 per hour.

Refer to page 10 of https://www.cbo.gov/system/files/2019-07/CBO-55410-MinimumWage2019.pdf , “…. Low-wage workers are people who are projected, under current law, to be paid less than $19 per hour in 2025”. Respectfully, Supposn".

Last edited:
ToddsterPatriot, what tautology? Supposn's earlier post was : "ToddsterPatriot, the Congressional Budget office, (CBO) projects $19 of 2018 purchasing power valued dollars as being the top of the low-rate wage bracket in 2025, if the federal minimum wage rate, (FMWR) is then (in 2025) $15 per hour.

The LOW-rate bracket should be those wage rates affected by the FMWR to the extents ranging from critical to substantial portions of jobs’ rates. The top of that LOW-rate bracket of wage rates is higher than $19 expressed in dollars’ of 2018 valued purchasing power regardless of whatever is the then current FMWR. Respectfully, Supposn" .

ToddsterPatriot's responded with : Where is the definition of "low-rate wage bracket?"
Supposn referred back to the CBO’s reports and 2 hours after his earlier post additionally posted a correction to his erroneous misquotation of the CBO’s words.
Supposn posted: "ToddsterPatriot, ... You correctly pointed out my error and the consequential purpose of my prior post addressed to you.

Congressional Budget Office’s, (CBO’s) description of low wage rates bracket’s (top) 2025 is based upon the federal minimum wage rate remaining at its present $7.25 per hour in 2025. Of course, the top rate of the low-wage rate bracket would be substantially greater than $19 per hour if the 2025 minimum rate were increased to $15 per hour.

Refer to page 10 of https://www.cbo.gov/system/files/2019-07/CBO-55410-MinimumWage2019.pdf , “…. Low-wage workers are people who are projected, under current law, to be paid less than $19 per hour in 2025”. Respectfully, Supposn".

So they made up a definition.....good for them.

Why does their definition matter?

Respectfully, Supposn

lol. Maybe, when right wingers stop complaining about taxes for the cost of social services.

So they made up a definition.....good for them.
Why does their definition matter?
ToddsterPatriot, it matters because the CBO’s reports are based upon studies and projections reflecting minimum wage rate affects rates within the bracket of low wage rates, that range from critical to substantial portions of those rates, and 32% of all USA’s employee’s rates are within that low wage rate bracket. Respectfully, Supposn

Forum List

Back