Millions Evacuated After Catastrophic Flooding Hits China, Pakistan

Wow, monsoons never killed anyone in Asia before....

Moron.

I'd have the same response if it were your neighborhood.

Really? 1862 a great flood turned the Central Valley of California into a lake. Has that happened again now that globalwarmingclimatechangeglobalclimatedisruption has gone out of control?
The Great Flood of 1862 was the largest flood in the recorded history of Oregon, Nevada, and California, occurring from December 1861 to January 1862. It was preceded by weeks of continuous rains and snows in the very high elevations that began in Oregon in November 1861 and continued into January 1862. This was followed by a record amount of rain from January 9–12, and contributed to a flood which extended from the Columbia River southward in western Oregon,

It might, depends on the conditions

Mississippi River basin flood of 1927 I think it was, was also a doozy. The
Book "Rising Tide" is a fascinating read.
It was one of the main reasons for the creation of the TVA.

And mass migration of black folk north as armed MS delta land owners held black workers hostage at gun point in a feckless attempt to hang onto a sharecropper work force. Once the waters receded, many left.

Moron.

Really? 1862 a great flood turned the Central Valley of California into a lake. Has that happened again now that globalwarmingclimatechangeglobalclimatedisruption has gone out of control?
The Great Flood of 1862 was the largest flood in the recorded history of Oregon, Nevada, and California, occurring from December 1861 to January 1862. It was preceded by weeks of continuous rains and snows in the very high elevations that began in Oregon in November 1861 and continued into January 1862. This was followed by a record amount of rain from January 9–12, and contributed to a flood which extended from the Columbia River southward in western Oregon,

That book is also a good look at power, corruption, and class in america.

And mass migration of black folk north as armed MS delta land owners held black workers hostage at gun point in a feckless attempt to hang onto a sharecropper work force. Once the waters receded, many left.
Again. The earth warms, the earth cools because we have a sun that fluctuates between solar maximum and solar minimum:

What you didn't know that allowed the climate change scam to work:
506263main_sorce1.jpg
You do realize that has jack shit to do with anything.

Really? The Sun doesn't control the temperature of the Earth?

Sure you want to make that claim?
The sun is a major part of the earth's temperature but not all .
Atmospheric pressure , rain and cloud cover also effects temperature.
So do methane, CO2, Hydro carbons etc

So yeah, I'll make it.
Your point.
Only the sun keeps the earths surface from being 0 kelvin, dufus.

Only a fuckwit would imagine the two as mutually exclusive.

Moron.

If I recall correctly the author is

Moron.

Rising Tide: The Great Mississippi Flood of 1927 and How it Changed America: John M. Barry: 9780684840024: Amazon.com: Books

Moron.

...because of Global Warming?

Moron.

...because of Global Warming?
could be, no way to know, because nobody was studying the phenomena or cared to.
nice try Frankie!

Again. The earth warms, the earth cools because we have a sun that fluctuates between solar maximum and solar minimum:

What you didn't know that allowed the climate change scam to work:
506263main_sorce1.jpg
You do realize that has jack shit to do with anything.

Really? The Sun doesn't control the temperature of the Earth?

Sure you want to make that claim?
The sun is a major part of the earth's temperature but not all .
Atmospheric pressure , rain and cloud cover also effects temperature.
So do methane, CO2, Hydro carbons etc

So yeah, I'll make it.
Your point.

Water vapor yes. Methane. No. Not nearly enough to make an impact. CO2 the same. Atmospheric pressure raises the ambient to a set amount then stops. It doesn't go up or down once the atmospheric pressure has stabilized. What sets the ambient? Yeah, the SUN. THE dominant factor in the temperature of the Earth. Not your fantasy world where a trace element is magically more powerful than the Sun. Get a clue you clown.

Not your fantasy world where a trace element is magically more powerful than the Sun.

Poor Westwall here can't figure out he difference between a steady-state system existing, and changing a steady-state system.

Fourth graders can grasp this stuff, but our self-professed scientist can't.

Not your fantasy world where a trace element is magically more powerful than the Sun.

Poor Westwall here can't figure out he difference between a steady-state system existing, and changing a steady-state system.

Fourth graders can grasp this stuff, but our self-professed scientist can't.

What is the primary influence on the dynamic system that is the Earths climate engine?

The sun.

Now, what's that got to do with the way CO2 is warming climate? After all, the sun's output has been decreasing, so that certainly can't be causing the climate to get warmer.

The sun.

Now, what's that got to do with the way CO2 is warming climate? After all, the sun's output has been decreasing, so that certainly can't be causing the climate to get warmer.

Because while CO2 is certainly a GHG, in the fantastically small amounts that it exists in the Earths atmosphere it is incapable of doing any of the magical things you claim it does. Water vapor is THE dominant GHG on this planet and it completely overwhelms any influence that CO2 could have had. That is born out by the fact that in spite of rapidly increasing CO2 levels there has been no corresponding increase in global temperatures.

The only way your hero's can make those claims is by falsifying data. And lo and behold one of their labs that they relied on was forced to close because of its PROVEN data falsification.

Crap, I better pop more beer bottles open.

Stupid. CO2 in beverages, or any CO2 from a pressurized cylinder, is a byproduct of ammonia manufacturing. If it wasn't caught, it would go up the stack. Hence, beverages have no net effect on CO2 levels. And even if they did, it would be insignificant.

Even more stupid. You cultists, including "scientist" Westwall, can't even grasp something as basic as fluctuations on changing baseline. If there's not a new record low every year, you actually think it proves the trend has reversed. Again, a grader schooler could grasp this stuff, but you cult cranks can't. Given your levels of incompetence, you all have no business annoying the grow ups.

ArcticEscalator500.gif

Stupid. CO2 in beverages, or any CO2 from a pressurized cylinder, is a byproduct of ammonia manufacturing. If it wasn't caught, it would go up the stack. Hence, beverages have no net effect on CO2 levels. And even if they did, it would be insignificant.

Even more stupid. You cultists, including "scientist" Westwall, can't even grasp something as basic as fluctuations on changing baseline. If there's not a new record low every year, you actually think it proves the trend has reversed. Again, a grader schooler could grasp this stuff, but you cult cranks can't. Given your levels of incompetence, you all have no business annoying the grow ups.

ArcticEscalator500.gif

Ummmm, how does a baseline "change"? Enquiring minds want to know!

Because while CO2 is certainly a GHG, in the fantastically small amounts that it exists in the Earths atmosphere it is incapable of doing any of the magical things you claim it does.

First, you're the only one claiming CO2 does "magical" things. Don't expect us to explain your strawman.

Second, your Fallacy of Incredulity is not very convincing.

Water vapor is THE dominant GHG on this planet and it completely overwhelms any influence that CO2 could have had.

That's taken into account. Increased water vapor is a feedback from the CO2-caused warming, so it means more warming. However, the increased water vapor wouldn't be there without the increased CO2.

That is born out by the fact that in spite of rapidly increasing CO2 levels there has been no corresponding increase in global temperatures.

The warming is well-documented. The number of people denying such basic facts is really small now. Most deniers have at least retreated to a "But the warming is natural!" fallback position.

The only way your hero's can make those claims is by falsifying data. And lo and behold one of their labs that they relied on was forced to close because of its PROVEN data falsification.

Given how delusional you've become, the only useful purpose you now serve is as an example to others of how not to behave.You let a political cult brainwash you into spouting fraudulent nonsense for years. Now, rather than admit how you let yourself get played, you've gone off into a delusional fantasy land. No matter what the data is, you just shriek "LIES! LIES! ALL LIES!".

Kids, don't end up like Westwall. If you make a mistake, say so. It's not the mistake that gets you, it's the coverup.

Ummmm, how does a baseline "change"? Enquiring minds want to know!

You seem confused about the term "baseline." That's not my problem. Again, grade school stuff.

And as a deflection attempt, that was lame.

Now, the topic you're trying to evade would be how you heaped praise on an article that said Arctic ice wasn't really on a long term decline because 2013 wasn't as low as 2012. Do you still not understand your error there?

ArcticEscalator500.gif
The government is going after cow farts because they claim it causes global warming. Since we now have global cooling it's time to raise more cows and pop some beers open.

Forum List

Back