Military retirees face cuts

I agree, 100%

WTF?????

When I posted, "The same can be said for Social Security and Medicare." you said I was comparing apples and oranges. Then editec makes the exact same point above and you agree 100%? Why don't you pass along some of what you're smoking so we can ALL get loaded.

I don't think you have a clue as to what you're arguing about.

Trouble keep up ?

Take another stupid pill and get back to us.

I have no trouble keeping up and you OBVIOUSLY have a problem with reading comprehension.

Please explain the difference between my saying.....

"The same can be said for Social Security and Medicare."

and editec saying....

STATE WORKERS also worked based on a contract that ought NOT be change AFTER THEY HAVE FULFILLED their end of the bargain.

Social Security retirees ALSO worked based on a contract that ought NOT be change AFTER THEY HAVE FULFILLED their end of the bargain.

As editec said further (that you agreed 100% with).....

It's nice we are on the same page, Warrior but there really is no difference in practice between YOUR CONTRACT and the contracts that other workers have.

So now why don't YOU explain how my post and editec's post (that you agreed 100% with) is so different?

I'll be waiting.....

I'm not bitching junior, I am merely pointing out one does not have to be in combat to have arduous duty.

Wow....I know that took a lot out of you to do. Shall we call you Captain Obvious now? Those in the private sector who perform "arduous duty"....shoudl they then be spared the cuts to Social Security and MediCare, or are you simply "special"?

Your rant falls short of the airstrip. The private sector is always free to leave.

As are the military. It's called an enlistment period for a reason....

The Bush tax cuts have so defunded the government that they now have to cut military benefits. All those military retirees who voted for Bush are now getting their karma.

You wanted lower taxes, well guess what? Those taxes pay your benefits.

And since I get no money from the government, I get lower taxes, and you get your benefits cut.

Thanks for voting Republican!

Last edited:
WTF?????

When I posted, "The same can be said for Social Security and Medicare." you said I was comparing apples and oranges. Then editec makes the exact same point above and you agree 100%? Why don't you pass along some of what you're smoking so we can ALL get loaded.

I don't think you have a clue as to what you're arguing about.

Trouble keep up ?

I have no trouble keeping up and you OBVIOUSLY have a problem with reading comprehension.

and editec saying....

STATE WORKERS also worked based on a contract that ought NOT be change AFTER THEY HAVE FULFILLED their end of the bargain.

Social Security retirees ALSO worked based on a contract that ought NOT be change AFTER THEY HAVE FULFILLED their end of the bargain.

It's nice we are on the same page, Warrior but there really is no difference in practice between YOUR CONTRACT and the contracts that other workers have.

So now why don't YOU explain how my post and editec's post (that you agreed 100% with) is so different?

I'll be waiting.....

Keep waiting, asshat. I don't owe you an explanation.

Trouble keep up ?

and editec saying....

I'll be waiting.....

Because you know I'm right and you're too much of a pussy to admit when you're wrong.

The Bush tax cuts have so defunded the government that they now have to cut military benefits. All those military retirees who voted for Bush are now getting their karma.

You wanted lower taxes, well guess what? Those taxes pay your benefits.

And since I get no money from the government, I get lower taxes, and you get your benefits cut.

Thanks for voting Republican!

Daveman needs to chime in here. I wonder where he is? :confused:

Wow....I know that took a lot out of you to do. Shall we call you Captain Obvious now? Those in the private sector who perform "arduous duty"....shoudl they then be spared the cuts to Social Security and MediCare, or are you simply "special"?

Your rant falls short of the airstrip. The private sector is always free to leave.

Timing is important to the consideration.

In my civilian job I can choose, at any time, to not show up for work, common courtesy says I give notice, call my boss, etc. but it is not required. Nothing happens (Oh I might not get a good reference, but it is not illegal.)

On the other hand a military members who does that are subject to a felony conviction under the United States Code (USC Title 10 Chapter 47, Uniform Code of Military Justice) for Mutiny (Article 94) and if committed during a time of war Article 85 Desertion. They can then spend a term in prison, life in prison, or be subject to the Death Penalty. What a military member can do is choose to leave the service at the end of their contract period but even then they can be retained on active duty involuntarily under "Stop Loss" provisions of the USC.

Just a little bit different between the civilian world and the military world.

>>>>

Last edited:
60?

Why 60?

Aren't they currently proposing that retirement age increase to 68?

The military already has one of the best retirement programs available.

Almost no American worker in the civiliam or public sector does nearly so well.

That said, I still think changing it on retirees is

1. Stupid economic policy; and

2. Immoral to do, given that the retirees have ALREADY fulsilled the contract.

Now as to " Warrior's" POV?

Well clearly he's one of those lifers who thinks that his time was honorable served but that civilians who worked their whole lives had it easy.

Those of us who actualloy served understand that except those who served in combat, military life is pretty damned easy.
I never worked less hard than when I was in uniform.

But hey, that's okay.

I also ran the risk of getting shipped into harms way, too.

Leave pensions and retirement benefits for ALL people the hell alone.

That's my advice.

It is not only the best economic policy, it also happens to be the MORAL policy we ought to stick to, too.

You must have been in the Air Farce.
I spent 9 and half years at sea my friend. Most of that 6-7 months DEPLOYED with no family. Back in CONUS, we were out to sea more than we were in port. Only extended time in port was when we were in the shipyard, and that's hell on earth. Never saw combat, but was in Beirut in 1983 when the barracks blew up, experienced fire and collisions at sea, and was aboard USS Iowa on April 19, 1989 when the turret exloded killing 47 of my shipmates. "Pretty easy?" My ass. You don't have a clue

Why do you appear to be crying about all of the hardships of your CHOSEN career path? There was another poster in this thread that stated all military personnel are Patirots and some of the best people on earth. Yet, here you are bitching about life in the military. Wasn't your Patriotism enough?
Are you really trying to make yourself and the whole Democrat Party look bad?

Because no one here has yet outdone you, you've even made a little medical science with cotton mop strands where your brain oughtta be.

In my civilian job I can choose, at any time, to not show up for work, common courtesy says I give notice, call my boss, etc. but it is not required. Nothing happens (Oh I might not get a good reference, but it is not illegal.)

On the other hand a military members who does that are subject to a felony conviction under the United States Code (USC Title 10 Chapter 47, Uniform Code of Military Justice) for Mutiny (Article 94) and if committed during a time of war Article 85 Desertion. They can then spend a term in prison, life in prison, or be subject to the Death Penalty. What a military member can do is choose to leave the service at the end of their contract period but even then they can be retained on active duty involuntarily under "Stop Loss" provisions of the USC.

>>>>

These rules are known by any service member who CHOOSES to enlist, correct? All part of that contract Warrior102 holds so near and dear, yes?

>>>>

My son-in-law who serves in the Air Force can call in sick, gets vacation days, housing help and good pay.

HEY!! I'm not complaining. Heck, my daughter gets to go to college with a TON of help from the federal government because her husband is serving in the military. (She's never served a day.)

Thanks much to all of you who are helping pay for my daughter to attend college!! :clap2:

and editec saying....

I'll be waiting.....

Because you know I'm right and you're too much of a pussy to admit when you're wrong.
Oh, I know you. You're the bait and bitch pitchman for the USSDem.

You must have been in the Air Farce.
I spent 9 and half years at sea my friend. Most of that 6-7 months DEPLOYED with no family. Back in CONUS, we were out to sea more than we were in port. Only extended time in port was when we were in the shipyard, and that's hell on earth. Never saw combat, but was in Beirut in 1983 when the barracks blew up, experienced fire and collisions at sea, and was aboard USS Iowa on April 19, 1989 when the turret exloded killing 47 of my shipmates. "Pretty easy?" My ass. You don't have a clue

Why do you appear to be crying about all of the hardships of your CHOSEN career path? There was another poster in this thread that stated all military personnel are Patirots and some of the best people on earth. Yet, here you are bitching about life in the military. Wasn't your Patriotism enough?

Because no one here has yet outdone you, you've even made a little medical science with cotton mop strands where your brain oughtta be.

Since I am not a Democrat, you should really use a smaller brush when talking out of your ass. As far as making myself look bad? Just as soon as someone explains why government run military pensions and healthcare plans should not be cut with the same razor as MediCare and Social Security, you can stop looking hypocritical.

>>>>

These rules are known by any service member who CHOOSES to enlist, correct? All part of that contract Warrior102 holds so near and dear, yes?

Yes, didn't say it wasn't. What I was pointing out is that the functioning of the military is not the same as civilians.

Correct?

>>>>

>>>>

Yes, didn't say it wasn't. What I was pointing out is that the functioning of the military is not the same as civilians.

Correct?

>>>>

Correct. But why is this a point of contention? Anyone who chooses the military as their career path knows these things up front and can opt out then, if he or she does not agree with them. I may not like the wage I am paid in the private sector, but I choose to stay here. I agree that there is little to no chance of going to jail for not showing up for work one day, but again, we all know the rules prior to making our choices.

and editec saying....

I'll be waiting.....

Me thinks you're the one who comes across as a pussy. But, that's just me. I am sure others agree.

Since I am not a Democrat, you should really use a smaller brush when talking out of your ass. As far as making myself look bad? Just as soon as someone explains why government run military pensions and healthcare plans should not be cut with the same razor as MediCare and Social Security, you can stop looking hypocritical.

We all know who runs, controls what, you public-school educated fuck. Spare us your drama and Supersize my #4.

We all know who runs, controls what, you public-school educated fuck. Spare us your drama and Supersize my #4.

It has already become painfully obvous that you cannot explain the difference, so rather than making yourself look any more foolish, why don't you carry your tin can ass out of this debate?

Me thinks you're the one who comes across as a pussy. But, that's just me. I am sure others agree.

You're the pussy who can't back up his posts when he's CLEARLY been shown wrong. Because if you could I'm certain you'd be more than happy to show me where I was wrong.

But alas....you cannot.

It has already become painfully obvous that you cannot explain the difference, so rather than making yourself look any more foolish, why don't you carry your tin can ass out of this debate?

He can't explain shit. He's in a battle of wits but he's unarmed.

You're the pussy who can't back up his posts when he's CLEARLY been shown wrong. Because if you could I'm certain you'd be more than happy to show me where I was wrong.

But alas....you cannot.

I could care less if you're wrong or not.

You're an idiot.

This much we know is accurate.

Forum List

Back