Mig-31. Just... Dayum...

OK, so the new space race is on (i.e. the mig can take out satellites), it said.

Call up the space force Trump, and let's get busy countering Russia's want to blind us by destroying our satellites from the edge of space, and this in order to give them an invasion edge back on the high seas, and upon the ground if they reach us in that way with such a force.

yes, Space Command.

Adults are talking here. Go play.

What should scare the hell out of you is the fact this design is over 30 years old.. Where are they now? The US has a plane that is still top secret but can get into and operate in space, then return to earth. But that technology is being held tightly under wraps. Funny how the Soviets have a plane identical to our space shuttle.... How did that happen?
They bought publicly available copies of the Space Shuttle designs and testing data from the Government Printing Office. When US intelligence got wind of this they fed them a faulty heat shield design, which is why the Soviet version only flew once.
The Russian Space Shuttle was like the American Space Shuttle....A white elephant! It flew twice in unmanned flights. It could land automatically. We could have done that with our shuttle but the astronauts at the time wanted some control. The then Soviet Union was not wise with its precious resources. Their Shuttle was expensive. An upgraded new capsule at the time compared to the Soyuz would have been more prudent. Hindsight though.

OK, so the new space race is on (i.e. the mig can take out satellites), it said.

Call up the space force Trump, and let's get busy countering Russia's want to blind us by destroying our satellites from the edge of space, and this in order to give them an invasion edge back on the high seas, and upon the ground if they reach us in that way with such a force.

yes, Space Command.

Adults are talking here. Go play.

Did I take a crap in your Cheerios again? You started the joke by mentioning the United States Space Command. I just added to the joke.

As for the Mig-31 being able to take out Sats, not with the missiles it carries. And the US was the first to take out a Sat with a Fighter. The F-15 has already done it. But everyone said, "That's nice" and moved on. There is enough space junk out there and spreading more of it will just make it impossible to actually go into space. Now, when someone learns how to just disable the sats then they have something useful.

MIG-31 first flew 45 years ago, it was designed to intercept US bombers and cruise missiles.

4th gen technology like this has been surpassed. Well, except by Russia which has had their feeble attempt at a 5th gen aircraft suffer program collapse.

Forum List

Back