Michigan's Dept. of Education encourages child sexual transitions without parents' consent

Michigan's Dept. of Education encourages child sexual transitions without parents' consent

Editor's note: This article first appeared in City Journal:

The Michigan Department of Education has adopted a radical gender theory program that promotes gender "fluidity" beginning in elementary school and encourages teachers to facilitate the sexual transition of minors without parental consent.

I have obtained videos and internal documentation from the state’s training program, which first took place in 2020 and was repackaged for public school employees for the 2021–2022 school year. The training program mimics the basic narrative of academic queer theory: the presenters claim that the West has created a false notion that "gender is binary" in order to oppress racial and sexual minorities. In response, the department encourages teachers to adopt the principle of "intersectionality," a key tenet of critical race theory, in order to "dismantle systems of oppression," which are replicated through the culture and institutions of education.

The first step to dismantling these systems, according to the presenters, is to disrupt the gender binary. In one presentation, trainer Amorie Robinson, who describes herself as a "Black, masculine-identified, cisgendered lesbian baby boomer" and uses the "African name" Kofi Adoma, says that "we’ve been condition and we’ve been acculturated in this particular culture that gender is binary." But teachers should know that, in fact, gender is a spectrum, including identities such as "gender non-binary," "gender fluid," "gender queer," "gender non-conforming," and "bi-gender." Likewise, sexual orientation can include an expanding range of categories. Students might identify as "asexual, lesbian, straight, gay, bisexual, queer, questioning, demisexual, demiromantic, aromantic, and skoliosexual," says Robinson. "I’ll leave that to you to go Google on those. Because we ain’t got time today!"

Next, Robinson and Kim Phillips-Knope, project lead of the LGBTQ+ Students Project, share a series of TikTok videos featuring adolescents exploring their sexual identity. "I am a triple threat: I’m depressed, anxious, and gay," says one. "Last night at about 2 a.m., I put in my bio that I identify as ‘agender,’ which is different than non-binary because non-binary is like neither gender, right? Agender is like the gray area between genders," says another individual. "Hi, my name is Elise," says another. "I’ve used she/her pronouns all my life. But recently, and for a while, I’ve been struggling with gender issues as well as a whole lot of other identity things. So, I finally gave in and ordered a [breast] binder for myself and it just came in today. And I have never been happier with how my body looks since I was a kid."

See the video:

TheReaper says: This is "official" grooming folks, unlike the unofficial grooming using casual conversations between teachers and kids. My God people, is there even one democrat out there with any morals at all who will say this is wrong?
Recent allegations that MDE has been holding secret professional development to “teach school employees how to facilitate the sexual transition of children under their care, while keeping the process a secret from parents,” are patently false and deliberately divisive. Contrary to these harmful allegations, school staff do not facilitate the sexual transition of children.

Professional development for educators on this topic has long been offered by MDE and is not secret. More than a thousand school staff seek out this professional development each year where participants learn more about LGBTQ+ students’ lived experiences, state and federal laws, and research-based best practices, as well as discussions of the nuanced situations that districts encounter.

School staff listen to children and work to help create inclusive learning environments, and the training informs educators that working with students and their parents is an essential component in this work. Any suggestion to the contrary is an attempt to bully educators and to undermine their support of children and parents.

LGBTQ+ students are substantially more likely than other students to be threatened or injured with a weapon at school, to be bullied at school or online, to skip school because they felt unsafe, to have experienced trauma, to have been pushed or kicked out of their homes, and to have attempted suicide.

Why should he? He pays for it. You good with him not paying the school tax on his taxes? If he home schools?
I could not care if he doesn't pay taxes for education taxes for other stuff it is another matter. I homeschooled and still managed to pay taxes.

Why don't you homeschool?

I spend many hours with my children. Many.

My daughter knows how to sit an ashiko in a mix, along with a drum kit and a few singers. And I'm very proud of my son, he's been arrested three times already for doing stuff they can't figure out how he did. But I know, I taught him. :p

I spend many hours with my children. Many.

My daughter knows how to sit an ashiko in a mix, along with a drum kit and a few singers. And I'm very proud of my son, he's been arrested three times already for doing stuff they can't figure out how he did. But I know, I taught him. :p
Tell him to be kewl.

The Michigan Department of Education has adopted a radical gender theory program that promotes gender "fluidity" beginning in elementary school and encourages teachers to facilitate the sexual transition of minors without parental consent.

I have obtained videos and internal documentation from the state’s training program, which first took place in 2020 and was repackaged for public school employees for the 2021–2022 school year. The training program mimics the basic narrative of academic queer theory: the presenters claim that the West has created a false notion that "gender is binary" in order to oppress racial and sexual minorities. In response, the department encourages teachers to adopt the principle of "intersectionality," a key tenet of critical race theory, in order to "dismantle systems of oppression," which are replicated through the culture and institutions of education.

The first step to dismantling these systems, according to the presenters, is to disrupt the gender binary. In one presentation, trainer Amorie Robinson, who describes herself as a "Black, masculine-identified, cisgendered lesbian baby boomer" and uses the "African name" Kofi Adoma, says that "we’ve been condition and we’ve been acculturated in this particular culture that gender is binary." But teachers should know that, in fact, gender is a spectrum, including identities such as "gender non-binary," "gender fluid," "gender queer," "gender non-conforming," and "bi-gender." Likewise, sexual orientation can include an expanding range of categories. Students might identify as "asexual, lesbian, straight, gay, bisexual, queer, questioning, demisexual, demiromantic, aromantic, and skoliosexual," says Robinson. "I’ll leave that to you to go Google on those. Because we ain’t got time today!"

Next, Robinson and Kim Phillips-Knope, project lead of the LGBTQ+ Students Project, share a series of TikTok videos featuring adolescents exploring their sexual identity. "I am a triple threat: I’m depressed, anxious, and gay," says one. "Last night at about 2 a.m., I put in my bio that I identify as ‘agender,’ which is different than non-binary because non-binary is like neither gender, right? Agender is like the gray area between genders," says another individual. "Hi, my name is Elise," says another. "I’ve used she/her pronouns all my life. But recently, and for a while, I’ve been struggling with gender issues as well as a whole lot of other identity things. So, I finally gave in and ordered a [breast] binder for myself and it just came in today. And I have never been happier with how my body looks since I was a kid."

See the video:

TheReaper says: This is "official" grooming folks, unlike the unofficial grooming using casual conversations between teachers and kids. My God people, is there even one democrat out there with any morals at all who will say this is wrong?
Lol, hilarious what you idiots believe. The Michigan state legislative body is dominated by Republicans. So there is that. So Republicans are responsible for this imagined uh what ever you wanna call this horse crap?

Contrary to these harmful allegations, school staff do not facilitate the sexual transition of children.
BULLSHIT

Horseshit, cowshit, and pigshit.

Fucking leftard liars, I hope they choke on their own bullshit.

Lol, hilarious what you idiots believe. The Michigan state legislative body is dominated by Republicans. So there is that. So Republicans are responsible for this imagined uh what ever you wanna call this horse crap?
You ignorant fucking asshole, you have no idea what we're even talking about, do you?

You are IGNORANT of the fact that HUMAN TRAFFICKERS are the biggest proponents of grooming, in Michigan and everywhere else. They work on social media, and they work in the schools.

They prey on children. A lot of kids simply disappear, and then they find them ten years later servicing faggots for ten dollars a pop. Here's one they found locked up in a barn, in Michigan.

You should educate yourself. Michigan is a fucked up place, in a lot of ways.

No, they don't exist in minds of sexual predators.

Parents are fed up with this crap. Totally fed up
In Michigan, in the Detroit area, there are DOZENS of internet meet-and-greet hookup sites for trans people.

Like this:

Human traffickers troll these sites, they practically live there.

If you're one of these LGBTQ teacher advocates (read: bleeding heart leftists), one of your first statements to the confused child is going to be: "you are not alone. Others are going through what you're going through. You should meet some of them. Here's how".

These LYING school board types claim they're not encouraging this, BUT THEY LIE. These trans fucking wierdos are in practically every state by now, and definitely in every major population center.

There are WAY more trannies than the biological 1% says there should be. They didn't get that way by themselves

Who the fuck ever thought that gathering all the nations children behind locked doors and having union assholes propagandize them was a good idea.

Abolish all schools. Let parents homeschool kids through what is the equivalent of 6th grade, then let government vouchers pay for the private or religious school of your choice. No more school board, government entities, nothing. Wipe it all out.
Yeah! Great plan! That will work! NOT!

Fucking moron!

The Amish only need to attend school until Grade 8. not a bad idea. That was not a bad grade when schools were once taken seriously.

At that point students generally know the direction they're headed and, with good teachers and parents, will have the groundwork they'll need to live a good and happy life. Of course they can also continue, should they want.

In Michigan, in the Detroit area, there are DOZENS of internet meet-and-greet hookup sites for trans people.

Like this:

If you're one of these LGBTQ teacher advocates (read: bleeding heart leftists), one of your first statements to the confused child is going to be: "you are not alone. Others are going through what you're going through. You should meet some of them. Here's how".

These LYING school board types claim they're not encouraging this, BUT THEY LIE. These trans fucking wierdos are in practically every state by now, and definitely in every major population center.

There are WAY more trannies than the biological 1% says there should be. They didn't get that way by themselves
They are in every state yet has nothing to do with the OP.

Like this:

They are on every state yet has nothing to do with the OP
BULLSHIT

Horseshit, cowshit, and pigshit.

Fucking leftard liars, I hope they choke on their own bullshit.
Then prove they do.

The Amish only need to attend school until Grade 8. not a bad idea. That was not a bad grade when schools were once taken seriously.

At that point students generally know the direction they're headed and, with good teachers and parents, will have the groundwork they'll need to live a good and happy life. Of course they can also continue, should they want.
You are so damned naïve!

You ignorant fucking asshole, you have no idea what we're even talking about, do you?

You are IGNORANT of the fact that HUMAN TRAFFICKERS are the biggest proponents of grooming, in Michigan and everywhere else. They work on social media, and they work in the schools.

They prey on children. A lot of kids simply disappear, and then they find them ten years later servicing faggots for ten dollars a pop. Here's one they found locked up in a barn, in Michigan.

You should educate yourself. Michigan is a fucked up place, in a lot of ways.

Lol, ran by the republican legislature. You are an idiot. The education department has no interest in grooming you fucking retard.

See the video:

This is the problem with big federal and state bureaucracies. They have all the time in the world and lots of $$ to sit around in luxury and pontificate about all this nonsense.

I know many will not believe me but here goes: as a Michigan teacher I have never heard of this nonsense, nor would I ever employ it in my classroom. Ever. Not ever. My district knows better than to ask, because my coworkers would not either.

This is a nonsense-at-the-top issue. Are there SOME MI teachers that would do this? Sure, and that's a problem. But just because the idiotic MI Dept of Ed came up with these "training materials" or adopted them does not mean that every MI first grade teacher is teaching this rot in their classroom.

Thank God for that.

Remind me again why we need government in education?

Judging by the stupidity of most state agency people, they hardly seem to be in any position to be regulating the education of another!
I saw you at Tommy's forum. I sent you a message there

Cut the crap clownie

The arrogant elitist lefTARDS of this world will learn:

They dont do jack shit to my child without my permission.

They don't even look at her sideways without asking me first.

Any "school official" who talks sex to my child is in a heap of trouble. I'm not kidding. I've already had three teachers and an assistant principle fired because they failed to RESPECT MY CHILD. I still have a reputation in SFUSD, my name is spoken in hushed whispers.

You fuck with my child and I'll come after you. I'll FIND your idiotic leftard ass. There's no place you can hide.
Ah, another struggling hard with their manhood..

Forum List

Back