Huge Arizona school voucher plan in effect

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
PHOENIX — All Arizona parents now can use state tax money to send their children to private or religious schools or pay homeschooling costs after an effort by public school advocates to block a massive expansion of the state’s private school voucher law failed to collect enough signatures to block it.

Arizona Secretary of State Katie Hobbs announced Friday that her office’s review of signatures turned in a week ago to refer the expansion to the ballot came up short of the nearly 119,000 that were needed. Hobbs is a Democrat running for governor who opposed the plan.

Republican Gov. Doug Ducey championed the plan and signed it into law in July. He celebrated on Twitter, saying, “Let’s Roll!” and “Parents Prevail.”

Arizona now has the nation’s most expansive private school voucher law. It allows parents of the more than 1.2 million school-age children to get 90% of the state money that would normally go to their local public school and use it for private or other school costs. That amounts to about $7,000 for a non-disabled student.

Huge Arizona school voucher plan in effect after foes fail

It's difficult to overstate the size of this win.....Starve the commies.

Oh yeah, suck on it Karen Katie Hobbs.

OIP.Qapn9A_VIy-X7qALjKHtywHaEK

I wonder how the taxpayers feel about their tax dollars winding up in the pockets of people already paying for their kids to attend private schools?

I also wonder how these taxpayers will feel about funding parochial schools, Amish schools, Mormon schools, and Islamic madrasas.

Oh, is that so? Enlighten me, Oracle. Whose money is it?
Why did you chop up my post? The answer you seek was right there!

So, you think every taxpayer pays $7000 in taxes for every kid they had in school?

It is NOT their money!

If what you said were true, anyone not having a kid in school should be exempt from paying any school taxes.

Forum List

Back