Michigan Governor vetoes bill extending unemployment benefits, refuses to lift lockdowns

JustAGuy1

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2019
Democratic Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer vetoed a bill on Tuesday which would have extended unemployment benefits for workers affected by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, MLive reports.

The bill would have provided $220 million in funding to the Unemployment Insurance Trust Fund, which would have pooled funds to help businesses provide financial support for laid-off workers. The trust fund had $4.6 billion to support workers at the beginning of the pandemic, but has since been depleted to $864 million

Michigan Republican Party Chairwoman Laura Cox criticized the veto. "First, Governor Whitmer put people out of work with her shutdown orders," Cox said. "Then, through her administration's incompetence, it became almost impossible for out-of-work Michiganders to receive unemployment benefits."

"Now, Whitmer has vetoed extending aid to workers even though her draconian shutdowns continue. Clearly, the 'science' Whitmer is following doesn't include basic economics, and Michigan families are paying the price," Cox finished.

But but but.....Rump and McConnell.........

1609354483719.png

Is she term-limited? I'm guessing she's gonna lose big if she runs for re-election, at least I hope so. And really, she ain't doing Biden and the democrats any favors becuase as long as the lockdowns continue then the Michigan economy is NOT going to improve.

Democratic Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer vetoed a bill on Tuesday which would have extended unemployment benefits for workers affected by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, MLive reports.

The bill would have provided $220 million in funding to the Unemployment Insurance Trust Fund, which would have pooled funds to help businesses provide financial support for laid-off workers. The trust fund had $4.6 billion to support workers at the beginning of the pandemic, but has since been depleted to $864 million

Michigan Republican Party Chairwoman Laura Cox criticized the veto. "First, Governor Whitmer put people out of work with her shutdown orders," Cox said. "Then, through her administration's incompetence, it became almost impossible for out-of-work Michiganders to receive unemployment benefits."

"Now, Whitmer has vetoed extending aid to workers even though her draconian shutdowns continue. Clearly, the 'science' Whitmer is following doesn't include basic economics, and Michigan families are paying the price," Cox finished.

America hater and commie lover Penelope worships this fascist pig.

Is she term-limited? I'm guessing she's gonna lose big if she runs for re-election, at least I hope so. And really, she ain't doing Biden and the democrats any favors becuase as long as the lockdowns continue then the Michigan economy is NOT going to improve.

Her reasoning is that it would be a government "bailout" of the fund, which is actually funded by a tax on businesses, like most State level unemployment funds.

She ignores the fact that her hard lockdown edicts have hurt these businesses, and they can use just as much help as the employees.

Her reasoning is that it would be a government "bailout" of the fund, which is actually funded by a tax on businesses, like most State level unemployment funds.

She ignores the fact that her hard lockdown edicts have hurt these businesses, and they can use just as much help as the employees.
Liberals generally loooove handing out money. For her to fight the government sending out checks, there is an ulterior motive. Trust me, it’s not a “fiscal responsibility” argument.

Penelope troll who worships her,ignores that fact as well.

I don’t care for Gretchen, though she is pretty. The truth is probably closer to what’s reported here.
Whitmer vetoes $220M in unemployment, signs different unemployment bill, outcome unclear

Shes up for reelection in 2022. They are allowed 2 terms.

Michigan has the Dominion machines and nobody has the political will to fight election fraud.

I dont expect major democrats to ever lose again. I'll still vote though until there are no options left to oppose this China takeover

I don’t care for Gretchen, though she is pretty. The truth is probably closer to what’s reported here.
Whitmer vetoes $220M in unemployment, signs different unemployment bill, outcome unclear
Yeah at first I did not want to believe it the stuff I was hearing how evil she was ruining people’s livelihoods,I thought no way could somebody that pretty be so evil.for the longest time I could not accept it.I still can’t believe that someone who is so pretty could be that evil at the same time.now that I know how evil she really is,I don’t think she is pretty anymore.

It’s the same thing in real life,you see a beautiful woman you fall in love with her cause of that,then you learn what a real bitch she is and find out how cruel she is,you then go from finding her initially pretty,to now thinking she is real ugly.the beauty in her just vanishes overnight.

Last edited:

You think she is pretty? I suppose in a Malificent sort of way.

Democrats will continue lockdowns and exacerbate economic hardship knowing that can always blame it on trump. Just like they did with W Bush and will do to the next republican blame-opportunity. With the aid of media, of course.

I've said this before i'll say it again

If she gets taken out, she'll have deserved it

You wanna play tyrant you can die like a tyrant.

Yeah at first I did not want to believe it the stuff I was hearing how evil she was ruining people’s livelihoods,I thought no way could somebody that pretty be so evil.for the longest time I could not accept it.I still can’t believe that someone who is so pretty could be that evil at the same time.now that I know how evil she really is,I don’t think she is pretty anymore.

It’s the same thing in real life,you see a beautiful woman in fall in love with her cause of that,then you learn what a real bitch she is and find out how cruel she is,you then go from finding her initially pretty,to now thinking she is real ugly.the beauty in her just vanishes overnight.

Bush did fuck our financial system up pretty good

Surprise who knew allowing banks to leverage themselves like they're a hedge fund is a bad idea. lol

Granted democrats are the ones who subsidized these variable rate loans, but the system couldn't collapse until they started packaging those loans and banks started leveraging themselves to the hilt to do so.

You think she is pretty? I suppose in a Malificent sort of way.
Before I knew how evil she really is,I was in love with her when I saw a video of her,I thought she was gorgeous.now I get sick when I see her.

Last edited:

You like that billboard forehead look?

You like that billboard forehead look?
I’m not that picky.

By political standards she is attractive

Which is no doubt why she's so bad at this, thinks she can do whatever she wants because she's solidly above average for her age

Washington is hollywood for ugly people. What does that make Lansing/

Forum List

Back