Dawn Wells, Maryann from Gilligan's Island, dies of covid-19 at 82.

Dawn Wells, Who Played Mary Ann on 'Gilligan's Island,' Dies of COVID at 82 (msn.com)

Probably my first celebrity crush. R.I.P. Dawn Wells. Thank you for years of entertainment.

Imagine, watching this tv show as a kid and not knowing at the time that decades later this woman would pass on due to a virus shipped over by a communist nation.

Her age suggests there is probably alot more to it than just the virus, but the thought just disgusts me and all that I learned in my life.

RIP

Last edited:
They are all gone except one. Gilligan and the skipper died of cancer relatively young. "The Movie Star" is the only one left. Mary Ann didn't do much after the three years except get busted for driving under the influence of marijuana and appear in a couple of plays.

She had other health problems, and was all but broke after an operation a few years back.

What a shame...

I was hoping she would be the cast survivor, outliving Tina.

She had other health problems, and was all but broke after an operation a few years back.

What a shame...

She died "relatively" poor. She lost a lot of money in 2008 and spent 2 month in the hospital. Fans helped out with her debts through a gofund me.

What a shame...

She died "relatively" poor. She lost a lot of money in 2008 and spent 2 month in the hospital. Fans helped out with her debts through a gofund me.

Fans helped out with her debts through a gofund me.

Lots of people loved Maryanne.

What a shame...

And for good reason. I have several friends who met her and spent time with her. They say she was warm and sweet to everyone. One friend spent an evening in a small bar drinking with her. He thought the world of her.

Ah shit... she was way hotter than Tina Louise...
Definitely
50075a02a7dd2d095717f343571807df.jpg

What a shame...

And for good reason. I have several friends who met her and spent time with her. They say she was warm and sweet to everyone. One friend spent an evening in a small bar drinking with her. He thought the world of her.

Wish I'd had a chance like that.

What a shame...

Wish I'd had a chance like that.

Me and you both, brother. Me and you both.

Forum List

Back