MI: Unions praise Whitmer for signing Right to Work repeal, prevailing wage restoration bills

Right-to-work states are exactly the opposite of what it means, change to prevailing wage Mizzouri never did get the votes to ruin our working lives.

No, we have corporations that are running up the cost of everything.
You are confused Moon Bat.

If you don't like the cost that a corporation charges you for something then don't buy it from them. Problem solved.

However, if it is a non right to work state you have no choice but to pay for the bloated greedy Union wages because there is no alternative.

So, I read the OP's contribution about Michigan's recently passed legislation.

I found a site called 'Bridge-Michigan'.

So I read the RTWork reportage, and I also noticed that the Michigan House and Senate also passed some new firearm legislation.

I was heartened by what I read. I think I see some movement towards my long-held belief that firearm ownership (I am an owner of multiple guns).....that firearm ownership falls under a "strict liability" mandate.

Meaning, if you are the owner of record.....you own the gun, and you own the harms it may cause. Someone steals your Glock and kills his cheatin' girlfriend.....well, you are on the hook for some liability in her death.

That's my idea of the responsibilities of gun ownership. Michigan evidently didn't get that far. But, they did move in the direction of greater responsibility accompanying the right to own that gun.

So passing this legislation about Right to Work, Michigan also passed a firearm 'safe storage' law.

Here's what 'The Bridge' reported:

"If an owner fails to properly store a gun, and that gun is used by a minor to kill themselves or others, the owner could be charged with a felony punishable by up to 15 years in prison and a $7,500 fine. If a minor uses the gun to injure someone, the owner could face a five-year felony charge."
That's responsible gun ownership.
That and apparently mandatory shooting lessons, with grades and a certification. because no one needs 50 rounds to wound a turtle.

You're one confused teabagger.
If you don't like the cost that a corporation charges you for something then don't buy it from them.
If it is for me, I won't.
For a job, I have to, to get the job done.
Happens with everyone, get what is available, to get the job done.
Problem solved.
NOT if you need a breaker panel or a toilet changed, dumbass.
However, if it is a non right to work state you have no choice but to pay for the bloated greedy Union wages because there is no alternative.
As opposed to greedy corporations?
NOT even close.

Went to HD last week to get some # 6 wire, price $315 a roll.
As I was looking at it waiting for the non existing "associate" to get it for me, another lady was changing prices, replacing one sticker with another sticker.
So I asked her if the price was going up or down, she said up, by a lot, $425 a roll.
Well, they had 2 rolls of it ON THE SHELF, so I asked her if I could take a picture of the old sticker, she obliged.
When someone FINALLY came, I got both
When the $425 price came up, I showed her the $315 price on my phone.
I bought two rolls that were left and saved $220.
HD paid for the supplier a $315 price and just jacked it up to $425 a roll.

As COVID-19 wanes and recession lurks, corporate profits ...​

1679753310317.png
The Globe and Mail
https://www.theglobeandmail.com › business › article-...

Jan 18, 2023 — A Globe and Mail study of the financial statements of more than 200 publicly traded companies shows that, in the first nine months of 2022, ...

How corporate profits are making inflation worse

1679753212550.png
The Saturday Paper
https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au › podcast › how...

Mar 1, 2023 — Australia has seen a series of record corporate profits posted in the last few weeks. They come as millions of average Australians are being ...

You're one confused teabagger.

If it is for me, I won't.
For a job, I have to, to get the job done.
Happens with everyone, get what is available, to get the job done.

NOT if you need a breaker panel or a toilet changed, dumbass.

As opposed to greedy corporations?
NOT even close.

Went to HD last week to get some # 6 wire, price $315 a roll.
As I was looking at it waiting for the non existing "associate" to get it for me, another lady was changing prices, replacing one sticker with another sticker.
So I asked her if the price was going up or down, she said up, by a lot, $425 a roll.
Well, they had 2 rolls of it ON THE SHELF, so I asked her if I could take a picture of the old sticker, she obliged.
When someone FINALLY came, I got both
When the $425 price came up, I showed her the $315 price on my phone.
I bought two rolls that were left and saved $220.
HD paid for the supplier a $315 price and just jacked it up to $425 a roll.

As COVID-19 wanes and recession lurks, corporate profits ...

View attachment 769181
The Globe and Mail
https://www.theglobeandmail.com › business › article-...

Jan 18, 2023 — A Globe and Mail study of the financial statements of more than 200 publicly traded companies shows that, in the first nine months of 2022, ...

How corporate profits are making inflation worse

View attachment 769180
The Saturday Paper
https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au › podcast › how...

Mar 1, 2023 — Australia has seen a series of record corporate profits posted in the last few weeks. They come as millions of average Australians are being ...
LOL! You are bitching about Potatohead's inflation you dumb Moon Bat.

The price of gas at the pump is 40% higher due to Potatohead's policies than it was under Trump's energy independence so shut the fuck up.

You mean the NEA supports empowering women by respecting their right to privately choose. You support having strangers repress and control women from their armchairs and soapboxes. I'm sure you have no problem with the big raise, coming your way no thanks to you.

It is not "empowering" to kill your own baby

LOL! You are bitching about Potatohead's inflation you dumb Moon Bat.
Good god, what a STUPID teabagger.
The price of gas at the pump is 40% higher due to Potatohead's policies than it was under Trump's energy independence so shut the fuck up.
WHEN was America energy independent?
80 years ago?
We have ALWAYS imported oil.
That ISN'T independence.

Special Report: Trump told Saudi: Cut oil supply or lose ...​

1679755444371.png
Reuters
https://www.reuters.com › article › special-report-trum...

Apr 30, 2020 — OPEC, Russia and other allied producers slashed production by 9.7 million barrels per day (bpd), or about 10% of global output. Half that volume ...

I have the right to affordable goods and services without supply-line disruptions. I also have the right to not having the excess costs of those goods and services going into corrupt labor bosses pockets, and supporting candidates I don't like.

Screw labor unions.
Corrupt labor bosses? :abgg2q.jpg:
Marlon Brando was great in On the Waterfront in 1954. Of course, there are still crooked union people just as there are crooked management people. Management has access to a bigger pot of money to steal and unlike corrupt union leaders, they don`t go to jail. I was union for 35 years and the only bosses I had were wearing white hard hats while we wore yellow. We all played golf together. It`s the 21st century!

When we have middle class workers hating other middle class workers that's a bad place.

Good god, what a STUPID teabagger.

WHEN was America energy independent?
80 years ago?
We have ALWAYS imported oil.
That ISN'T independence.

Special Report: Trump told Saudi: Cut oil supply or lose ...

View attachment 769192
Reuters
https://www.reuters.com › article › special-report-trum...

Apr 30, 2020 — OPEC, Russia and other allied producers slashed production by 9.7 million barrels per day (bpd), or about 10% of global output. Half that volume ...

When Trump was President the US was a net exporter of fossil fuels.

When Potatohead stole the election and enacted his stupid policies he had to go begging to other countries to give us more oil.

Who was President in 2018? Do you even remember?

The U.S. Just Became a Net Oil Exporter for the First Time in 75 Years​

• Crude, refined products exports exceed imports in weekly data
  • Shale boom has boosted U.S. crude oil shipments to record

By
Javier Blas
December 6, 2018 at 11:48 AM ESTUpdated onDecember 7, 2018 at 2:09 AM EST

whitler 0.jpg

Forum List

Back