MI libs wants to reduce penalty for deliberately infecting someone with hiv

The problem is, does it actually improve anything?

I've been thinking about this a ton. What real benefit does throwing people in prison do? Do you really think they are not going to infect anyone anymore? And making it impossible for them to continue in society without committing crime, basically guarantees more crime.

Locking people up, just doesn't seem to do anything, unless you lock them up until they die.

Well... ok, but the Michigan law doesn't do that. The max sentence is 1 year. 1 Year doesn't do jack. 12 months later, the guy is back on the street committing the same crimes.... or more crimes because he can't find a job now that he's a felon.

If we had their wang surgically removed, then that would solve the problem. But we're not doing that.

If we locked them up for life, that would solve the problem. We're not doing that either.

What is 1 year in prison going to do?

By the way, I beginning to think the same way about all crime. Cut off people's hands if they steal constantly.

Cut off their wang if they rape.

And murderers should simply be put to death if you have multiple eye-witnesses.

But just locking people up for a short time.... it just doesn't seem to work.

HIV is not the common cold you suffer with for a few days

It might not be a death sentence it used to be, but it can still kill, eventually. Now people can live decades with few if any symptoms. There are vaccines now to prevent it. If you have it, use or make sure you or partner uses a condom, don't share needles, be careful of your blood and body fluids the same way if you have hepatitis and tell other that might have to handle them. If you donate blood or organs, your ID should have a "code" if you are HIV/AIDs positive.

On a side note, I think people with any serious medical condition should have a medical ID bracelet/dog tags or medical water resistant flash drive bracelet or neck chain with a copy of your medical records or code to access medical records online from a doctor's office or hospital or paramedic computer tablet, etc., to speak if you are not able to. They would have their own code to input that they are authorized to see you medical records.

If you don't know the medical history of your sex partner, don't have unprotected sex............... no matter, don't have unprotected sex unless you are married and want children.

I've been thinking about this a ton. What real benefit does throwing people in prison do? Do you really think they are not going to infect anyone anymore?

No, not that person, but other people looking on: the main reason for ALL punishments for murder. You go teaching people "it's OK to kill others in a certain way" and then those ways can be expanded upon.

Sometimes when I'm talking to uber left liberals, I feel like I'm speaking to a 3 year old with only a minimal grasp on logical thinking.

If a gay man like say Terry Bean thinks "Oh, I could go to prison if I infect this kid I'm compulsively barebacking right now"..there may be some lives saved.

Tim Richmond, is still regarded by many in Nascar circles as a 'hero' and yes, he was a great driver, but he was one of the most evil men ever born.

He knowingly infected at least 2 women with AIDS, at a time when it was a death sentence, and many suspect that he infected many more. He did murder at least 2 women, and still they throw his name around almost every week on television, as such a great driver. And Hollywood thought so much of him, that the movie 'Days of Thunder' is pretty much modeled on him.

Who are your heroes, and what did they really do?

One year in jail if that is what they want the punishment to be for knowingly infecting another person with a life threatening illness in my opinion is more like a pat on the back compared to a slap on the wrist.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, doing such a thing to a person may be worse than simply just blowing them away. Because of whatever they end up getting, is the life that they end up living from there on out worth the living when their life is then filled with nothing but surgeries, doctor visits, enduring whatever symptoms happen because of the sickness, etc.?

^^ Exactly...it's inflicting first a bankrupting slurry of slow torturous illness...followed by a horrible certain death. They should get a lighter sentence for pulling a pistol and blowing the poor boy's brains out.

I've been thinking about this a ton. What real benefit does throwing people in prison do? Do you really think they are not going to infect anyone anymore? And making it impossible for them to continue in society without committing crime, basically guarantees more crime.

Locking people up, just doesn't seem to do anything, unless you lock them up until they die.

Well... ok, but the Michigan law doesn't do that. The max sentence is 1 year. 1 Year doesn't do jack. 12 months later, the guy is back on the street committing the same crimes.... or more crimes because he can't find a job now that he's a felon.

If we had their wang surgically removed, then that would solve the problem. But we're not doing that.

If we locked them up for life, that would solve the problem. We're not doing that either.

By the way, I beginning to think the same way about all crime. Cut off people's hands if they steal constantly.

You're right, we should be locking them up for decades not a few months.

I've been thinking about this a ton. What real benefit does throwing people in prison do? Do you really think they are not going to infect anyone anymore?

No, not that person, but other people looking on: the main reason for ALL punishments for murder. You go teaching people "it's OK to kill others in a certain way" and then those ways can be expanded upon.

Sometimes when I'm talking to uber left liberals, I feel like I'm speaking to a 3 year old with only a minimal grasp on logical thinking.

If a gay man like say Terry Bean thinks "Oh, I could go to prison if I infect this kid I'm compulsively barebacking right now"..there may be some lives saved.

Yeah, but DOES IT WORK?

60 Minutes a few years back followed several people who were released from prison, and INTENTIONALLY committed crimes specifically for the purpose of going back to prison.

All their friends were there. They didn't have to pay room and board. They could play basket ball with the buddies. They didn't have to work at McDonalds because it was the only place that hires ex-cons.

Does it work? Does it work? Does it work? You say it is a deterrent to other people looking on...... IS IT??! I'm not seeing it.

You're right, we should be locking them up for decades not a few months.

Well ok. Maybe so, but how many decades, and who is going to pay for it? The people he victimized? That's justice?

Forum List

Back