Messing With Texas: The Lone Star States Power Grid Is Working Exactly As Designed

projected capacity
NO... You missed it... Name plate value is capacity. "Projected capacity" is just 27% of name plate... You are totally ignorant of how this works...

The problem in Texas is their conservative run electric grid. How’s that profit for the few above the needs of the people working out for you?

Dont worry though, we have an actual President in office now, that is more intelligent than a monkey throwing a roll of paper towels.
You seem to forget the EPA send directives to what they can and can not do.... ITs time we told the feds to go fuck themselves and do what we need to as independent states. The 14 states that have the Keystone XL pipeline need to compact together and tell Biden to go fuck himself and build it.

The Keystone XL line only benefits Canada and the Koch Industries. And about 27 long term jobs to maintain it. But since it's going to be maintained by Koch Industries, make that 5 long term jobs and lots and lots of leaks and Federal Fines. Don't drink the water.

IF you call rolling blackouts, frozen water pipes and deaths due to freezing.... WORKING..... Fucking Idiot leftwit.
It meets the definition of "working" for a leftwing liberal when talking about any RED state . . . .
red states are all failures. The welfare queens of America.

And yet the ten states with the highest cost of living (least affordable) are nearly all BLUE states!

10. (tie) New Jersey
10. (tie) Rhode Island
8. Connecticut
7. Alaska
6. Oregon
5. Maryland
4. Massachusetts
3. New York
2. California
1. Hawaii

Tell me again who shut down coal fired plants in Missouri because windmills in Texas and California were so reliable.. I'll wait...

Exactly...

Luckily for everyone...we just finished a brand new coal fired power plant with extremely low emissions a few years ago.

No lack of electrical power here. Any rolling blackouts experienced here were a result of the reduced power output in Texas and a shortage of natural gas for NG power plants.

SW Missouri electrical grid is incorporated in a power sharing cooperative called the Southwest Power Pool that includes parts of Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska and North and South Dakota.

Our coal fired plants had zero issues and we only experienced local power reductions because our power was being used to shore up the needs of the rest of the grid.

Shortage of NG? The Q is strong in this one.
You should have read the link before you shot off your mouth and look like an idiot...

Directly quoted from the Southwest Power Pool's press release this morning...

Feb. 16 at 6:55 a.m.:
SPP declared an Energy Emergency Alert (EEA) Level 3 effective at 6:15 on Feb. 16 for our entire 14-state balancing authority area. System-wide generating capacity has dropped below our current load of approximately 42 gigawatts (GW) due to extremely low temperatures and inadequate supplies of natural gas.

Tell me again who shut down coal fired plants in Missouri because windmills in Texas and California were so reliable.. I'll wait...

Exactly...

Luckily for everyone...we just finished a brand new coal fired power plant with extremely low emissions a few years ago.

No lack of electrical power here. Any rolling blackouts experienced here were a result of the reduced power output in Texas and a shortage of natural gas for NG power plants.

SW Missouri electrical grid is incorporated in a power sharing cooperative called the Southwest Power Pool that includes parts of Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska and North and South Dakota.

Our coal fired plants had zero issues and we only experienced local power reductions because our power was being used to shore up the needs of the rest of the grid.

I live in Wyoming and five of our major power plants were partially used to offset the lack of power in Texas. They had to put up Grid transfer points in South Dakota to get it into their systems. But now they are set up so we can share in the future.

We ship all the way to LA, California and the Grid goes all the way into Arizona and other states in Colorado. The RWnutjob is trying to claim that there is a shortage of NG. If there is, someone screwed the pooch as Colorado (and I am sure Wyoming as well) has NG coming out our asses in surplus. Maybe instead of a Keystone Pipeline that the only ones (other than a few Politicians on the take) benefit from (mainly Koch Industries), that pipeline should be a series of NG pipelines from the Mountain States to Texas. BTW, New Mexico has a surplus as well.

IF you call rolling blackouts, frozen water pipes and deaths due to freezing.... WORKING..... Fucking Idiot leftwit.

It meets the definition of "working" for a leftwing liberal when talking about any RED state . . . .

red states are all failures. The welfare queens of America.
The United States lives off many parts of the world as conquerors. Inside the united States there are states that live of of other states and areas from conquering. The welfare queens inside of red states are spread all over but much of it is in deep deep blue areas. The welfare queens of blue states are all over but are in deep deep blue areas. Atlanta was built up by revenue sharing. And it is deep deep blue. Other southern cities depending on where you are, are the same way. From your view, Stacey Abrams from Georgia is a mother phukn white azz cracker keeping the brothers down for the man! Because she is a welfare queen.

Exactly...

Shortage of NG? The Q is strong in this one.
You should have read the link before you shot off your mouth and look like an idiot...

Feb. 16 at 6:55 a.m.:
SPP declared an Energy Emergency Alert (EEA) Level 3 effective at 6:15 on Feb. 16 for our entire 14-state balancing authority area. System-wide generating capacity has dropped below our current load of approximately 42 gigawatts (GW) due to extremely low temperatures and inadequate supplies of natural gas.​

That tells me that our surplus should be piped to Texas and you won't be having that problem. Instead, you want to send really poor quality oil crap from Canada to Texas. Maybe that money would be better spent on a NG Pipeline system.

I doubt if the Windmills are the cause. But installing windmills that aren't winterized is and that's a design flaw by humans. We have the same systems here and don't have those problems. What Texas is getting for weather right now would be considered outrageous for Texas but here in Colorado, it's called Tuesday and we don't have rolling blackouts or even brownouts.
The reason you dont have blackouts or rolling outages is becasue you have major power plants in Wyoming feeding you..
projected capacity
NO... You missed it... Name plate value is capacity. "Projected capacity" is just 27% of name plate... You are totally ignorant of how this works...

The problem in Texas is their conservative run electric grid. How’s that profit for the few above the needs of the people working out for you?

Dont worry though, we have an actual President in office now, that is more intelligent than a monkey throwing a roll of paper towels.
You seem to forget the EPA send directives to what they can and can not do.... ITs time we told the feds to go fuck themselves and do what we need to as independent states. The 14 states that have the Keystone XL pipeline need to compact together and tell Biden to go fuck himself and build it.

The Keystone XL line only benefits Canada and the Koch Industries. And about 27 long term jobs to maintain it. But since it's going to be maintained by Koch Industries, make that 5 long term jobs and lots and lots of leaks and Federal Fines. Don't drink the water.
The ignorance is strong with this one....

10,000 permanent jobs and we get tax revenue for those 14 states... Your Koch bull shit is just that, bull shit. I guess your Warren Buffet, who owns BNSF and transports oil at 38.00 a barrel when the pipeline would only cost 10.00 a barrel isn't a sham to line his pockets by Biden... Your hypocrisy and ignorance is stunning.

A dust storm could shut down solar farms and a freeze could shut down wind turbines.....we need reliable power not renewable unreliable power....
And ice can break power lines fed by oil, coal, or gas.
Sure can.... But early grid designs were made so that major population centers draw from three sources. But since Obama and Biden killed off 50% of base load, they now have one or two... Its a failure on every level.

And yet, you have one city in Texas that is Energy negative due to not relying on coal one bit and lessening it's reliance on even NG. And it's run by Republicans. I'll be they aren't having these problems.

Your lack of planning does not constitute panic on my part.

A dust storm could shut down solar farms and a freeze could shut down wind turbines.....we need reliable power not renewable unreliable power....
Sure can.... But early grid designs were made so that major population centers draw from three sources. But since Obama and Biden killed off 50% of base load, they now have one or two... Its a failure on every level.

And yet, you have one city in Texas that is Energy negative due to not relying on coal one bit and lessening it's reliance on even NG. And it's run by Republicans. I'll be they aren't having these problems.

Until it freezes and clouds over....which it does even though we are supposedly getting warmer...how dumb must you be?....

That tells me that our surplus should be piped to Texas and you won't be having that problem. Instead, you want to send really poor quality oil crap from Canada to Texas. Maybe that money would be better spent on a NG Pipeline system
Honestly, I don't have enough information to assign blame or make recommendations. I'm not an expert. I only know that I helped in a small way to build our coal fired plant...and everyone in the Midwest should be damn happy we had it to provide lifesaving power when wind and solar and natural gas all dropped the ball.

That's my point. I'm not opposed to wind or solar or natural gas...but I think we need to take a step back and learn a valuable lesson here.

Coal saved the day.

Maybe we need to set aside the political posturing and take a more practical approach, recognizing there is still a need for fossil fuel power generation.

LOL... Lack of planning.... Sounds like a Biden story.... I'll do what Trump was doing right after I kill what Trump was doing.... Fucking Idiots..

How many examples do the green freaks need to get it that we are not there yet?....we still need oil....coal...natural gas...fracking drilling and pipelines....wake up....

The problem is this.......conservatives, libertarians, Trump supporters.....still think about democrats the wrong way.

The democrats do not want cheap, abundant energy...so explaining to them that solar and wind doesn't work is pointless.

The democrat party thinks the world is overpopulated, and that people are destroying the planet...they do not want cheap or abundant energy because that would mean more people, the last thing they want.....

Less energy means people will be forced to have fewer or zero children....that is the goal...
That and less energy means access to what energy is available will be controlled by government force, and they tend to applaud government force. The last thing they want is independent citizens less reliant on government.

That tells me that our surplus should be piped to Texas and you won't be having that problem. Instead, you want to send really poor quality oil crap from Canada to Texas. Maybe that money would be better spent on a NG Pipeline system
Honestly, I don't have enough information to assign blame or make recommendations. I'm not an expert. I only know that I helped in a small way to build our coal fired plant...and everyone in the Midwest should be damn happy we had it to provide lifesaving power when wind and solar and natural gas all dropped the ball.

That's my point. I'm not opposed to wind or solar or natural gas...but I think we need to take a step back and learn a valuable lesson here. Coal saved the day. Maybe we need to set aside the political posturing and take a more practical approach, recognizing there is still a need for fossil fuel power generation.
I don't see a problem with allowing the market to figure out how best to use renewables when they mature enough to be useful.

That's my point. I'm not opposed to wind or solar or natural gas...but I think we need to take a step back and learn a valuable lesson here. Coal saved the day. Maybe we need to set aside the political posturing and take a more practical approach, recognizing there is still a need for fossil fuel power generation.
I don't see a problem with allowing the market to figure out how best to use renewables when they mature enough to be useful.
And there it is.... COMMON SENSE... Something the left doesn't use...

I doubt if the Windmills are the cause. But installing windmills that aren't winterized is and that's a design flaw by humans. We have the same systems here and don't have those problems. What Texas is getting for weather right now would be considered outrageous for Texas but here in Colorado, it's called Tuesday and we don't have rolling blackouts or even brownouts.
The reason you dont have blackouts or rolling outages is becasue you have major power plants in Wyoming feeding you..
projected capacity

10,000 permanent jobs and we get tax revenue for those 14 states... Your Koch bull shit is just that, bull shit. I guess your Warren Buffet, who owns BNSF and transports oil at 38.00 a barrel when the pipeline would only cost 10.00 a barrel isn't a sham to line his pockets by Biden... Your hypocrisy and ignorance is stunning.

Newsflash: We do more power than 4 Wyomings in just our Curcantie Series Dam. Only the southwest part of Colorado imports power and that's from New Mexico which has a huge wind and solar output as well as Natural Gas powered Plants. I imagine that in North Eastern Colorado, some electricity might come from southeaster Wyoming but since all the power from both areas (both produce power) goes into the same grid, I doubt if it can be track that easily Meanwhile, on the Southwestern side of Wyoming, guess where they get their power from since they have zero or few powerplants? You guessed it, Northwestern Colorado, again, on the same power grid between the two area. And Wyoming, Colorado and NM aren't having the rolling blackouts like Texas.

As for BNSF, the last time I checked, BNSF doesn't do much Oil Sands shipping of oil to Texas. Not much call for it. And the Oil Sands oil has ZERO effect in pricings at the gas pumps since it's so friggin dirty that it's just now worth transporting it that far in any method unless (and here is the real reason) it's to be exported to other countries. Canada is trying to use the Texas Ports so they don't have to expand their own ports. The only reason that can be seen for the Keystone Project is pure profit for a bunch of Canadians and the Koch Industries and a bunch of on the take Politicians.

You Q slip is showing and I don't have time for you anymore.

That's my point. I'm not opposed to wind or solar or natural gas...but I think we need to take a step back and learn a valuable lesson here.

Coal saved the day.

Maybe we need to set aside the political posturing and take a more practical approach, recognizing there is still a need for fossil fuel power generation.

If your coal plant was build with the proper scrubbers then it's as clean as NG. It just costs more to produce electricity than NG, Wind and Solar. But we found it was cheaper to just tear the coal plant down and build a NG plant not far from it's location than adapt it to the clean standards. Maybe it's different when you build a new plant from the ground up. Many years ago,I lost a real good job due to that.

projected capacity

Newsflash: We do more power than 4 Wyomings in just our Curcantie Series Dam. Only the southwest part of Colorado imports power and that's from New Mexico which has a huge wind and solar output as well as Natural Gas powered Plants. I imagine that in North Eastern Colorado, some electricity might come from southeaster Wyoming but since all the power from both areas (both produce power) goes into the same grid, I doubt if it can be track that easily Meanwhile, on the Southwestern side of Wyoming, guess where they get their power from since they have zero or few powerplants? You guessed it, Northwestern Colorado, again, on the same power grid between the two area. And Wyoming, Colorado and NM aren't having the rolling blackouts like Texas.

As for BNSF, the last time I checked, BNSF doesn't do much Oil Sands shipping of oil to Texas. Not much call for it. And the Oil Sands oil has ZERO effect in pricings at the gas pumps since it's so friggin dirty that it's just now worth transporting it that far in any method unless (and here is the real reason) it's to be exported to other countries. Canada is trying to use the Texas Ports so they don't have to expand their own ports. The only reason that can be seen for the Keystone Project is pure profit for a bunch of Canadians and the Koch Industries and a bunch of on the take Politicians.

You Q slip is showing and I don't have time for you anymore.
BWHAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa.... Love the Qannon reference... But is shows that your whole premise fails. The moment you have to resort to that bull shit it fails.

Buffett owns BNSF and yes he does ship oil, billions of barrels a year from Canada and other locations.... HE also gave heavily to Biden's campaign through his subsidiaries so there was no "direct" link... another scam...

around 85% of Texas is on its own power grid that was designed so that producers could not sell electric out of state which also prevents them from importing electricity from out of state. There is a sliver of the state connected to the west coast grid and part connected to the east coast grid, but mostly they have elected to go it alone to avoid federal regulation and to keep their prices lower. I am not saying they should or they shouldn't have gone this way, but at the end of the day, this week is the cost of the rest of the year benefits. I just hope people don't die as a result.

Forum List

Back