Messing With Texas: The Lone Star States Power Grid Is Working Exactly As Designed

IF you call rolling blackouts, frozen water pipes and deaths due to freezing.... WORKING..... Fucking Idiot leftwit.
It is happening in Missouri without any green energy sources, now blame the rightist.
Tell me again who shut down coal fired plants in Missouri because windmills in Texas and California were so reliable.. I'll wait...

You ecofascist are so stupid! ITs called BASE LOAD and with out it people freeze to death because you have nowhere to turn for power when you need it.
The train that delivers the coal to the power plant runs through our little town of Noel Missouri. We are lucky we were just ask to not use too much electric but, the county north of us up to Joplin has no power and it is over towards Miami, Ok that has no power yet we all use power plants fired by coal....Your assumptions to attempt to humiliate failed yet again because of yer ignorance to how power is produced in the area. We have Beaver Dam to the south in Arkanass is that bad also?
Hydro-Electric is quite different but your base load power needs remain. Without it you will freeze...

Fox News and assorted guests have spent the last two days railing about how the problem is actually green power. In particular, they’re blaming Texas’ high use of wind energy and “frozen wind turbines” for the blackout. If only Texas relied more on burning more coal/oil/gas/wood/witches/liberals, then surely all would be well.

Only that’s not the problem. As Ars Technica pointed out on Monday, wind power in Texas is currently working at over 100% of its projected capacity. The real problem is that the Texas electrical grid is working exactly as designed, by people who created a system where the occasional failure is a virtue. Because the profits are better that way.

Yee Haw
Renewables are not reliable.....

Yeah, the only one working at over 100% capacity.

Did you even read the Ars Technical report shit for brains?

Conservatives are so fucking stupid, it defies logic. Kind of like the Texas power grid.
OH Please... NO windmill farm is operating at over 100% capacity. The physics says your full of shit. The earths winds change every second, clouds go by.... your a fucking liar.

A dust storm could shut down solar farms and a freeze could shut down wind turbines.....we need reliable power not renewable unreliable power....
And ice can break power lines fed by oil, coal, or gas.
Sure can.... But early grid designs were made so that major population centers draw from three sources. But since Obama and Biden killed off 50% of base load, they now have one or two... Its a failure on every level.

Last edited:
We have an adult President who didn't withhold emergency aid because Texas didn't vote for him.

It's great to have a real President again.
There have been two deaths in Texas because green energy failed...and you are celebrating Biden?....how must your mind work to be able to do that?...

“wind power in Texas is currently working at over 100% of its projected capacity”

Right there in the paragraph. And your dumb ass still missed it.

IF you call rolling blackouts, frozen water pipes and deaths due to freezing.... WORKING..... Fucking Idiot leftwit.
It is happening in Missouri without any green energy sources, now blame the rightist.
Tell me again who shut down coal fired plants in Missouri because windmills in Texas and California were so reliable.. I'll wait...

You ecofascist are so stupid! ITs called BASE LOAD and with out it people freeze to death because you have nowhere to turn for power when you need it.
The train that delivers the coal to the power plant runs through our little town of Noel Missouri. We are lucky we were just ask to not use too much electric but, the county north of us up to Joplin has no power and it is over towards Miami, Ok that has no power yet we all use power plants fired by coal....Your assumptions to attempt to humiliate failed yet again because of yer ignorance to how power is produced in the area. We have Beaver Dam to the south in Arkanass is that bad also?
Hydro-Electric is quite different but your base load power needs remain. Without it you will freeze...
No, I won't, I have 43 acres of trees.

projected capacity
NO... You missed it... Name plate value is capacity. "Projected capacity" is just 27% of name plate... You are totally ignorant of how this works...

The problem in Texas is their conservative run electric grid. How’s that profit for the few above the needs of the people working out for you?

Dont worry though, we have an actual President in office now, that is more intelligent than a monkey throwing a roll of paper towels.

How many examples do the green freaks need to get it that we are not there yet?....we still need oil....coal...natural gas...fracking drilling and pipelines....wake up....

The problem is this.......conservatives, libertarians, Trump supporters.....still think about democrats the wrong way.

The democrats do not want cheap, abundant energy...so explaining to them that solar and wind doesn't work is pointless.

The democrat party thinks the world is overpopulated, and that people are destroying the planet...they do not want cheap or abundant energy because that would mean more people, the last thing they want.....

Less energy means people will be forced to have fewer or zero children....that is the goal...

Exactly...

Luckily for everyone...we just finished a brand new coal fired power plant with extremely low emissions a few years ago....the Southwest Pulverized Coal Power Generation Plant #2 in Springfield Missouri.

No lack of electrical power here. Any rolling blackouts experienced here were a result of the reduced power output in Texas and a shortage of natural gas for NG power plants.

SW Missouri electrical grid is incorporated in a power sharing cooperative called the Southwest Power Pool that includes parts of Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska and North and South Dakota.

Our coal fired plants had zero issues and we only experienced local power reductions because our power was being used to shore up the needs of the rest of the grid.

Last edited:

I doubt if the Windmills are the cause. But installing windmills that aren't winterized is and that's a design flaw by humans. We have the same systems here and don't have those problems. What Texas is getting for weather right now would be considered outrageous for Texas but here in Colorado, it's called Tuesday and we don't have rolling blackouts or even brownouts.

projected capacity
NO... You missed it... Name plate value is capacity. "Projected capacity" is just 27% of name plate... You are totally ignorant of how this works...

The problem in Texas is their conservative run electric grid. How’s that profit for the few above the needs of the people working out for you?

Dont worry though, we have an actual President in office now, that is more intelligent than a monkey throwing a roll of paper towels.
You seem to forget the EPA send directives to what they can and can not do.... ITs time we told the feds to go fuck themselves and do what we need to as independent states. The 14 states that have the Keystone XL pipeline need to compact together and tell Biden to go fuck himself and build it.

Exactly...

Luckily for everyone...we just finished a brand new coal fired power plant with extremely low emissions a few years ago.

No lack of electrical power here. Any rolling blackouts experienced here were a result of the reduced power output in Texas and a shortage of natural gas for NG power plants.

SW Missouri electrical grid is incorporated in a power sharing cooperative called the Southwest Power Pool that includes parts of Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska and North and South Dakota.

Our coal fired plants had zero issues and we only experienced local power reductions because our power was being used to shore up the needs of the rest of the grid.

Shortage of NG? The Q is strong in this one.

We have an adult President who didn't withhold emergency aid because Texas didn't vote for him.

It's great to have a real President again.
There have been two deaths in Texas because green energy failed...and you are celebrating Biden?....how must your mind work to be able to do that?...

“wind power in Texas is currently working at over 100% of its projected capacity”

Right there in the paragraph. And your dumb ass still missed it.
They are experiencing a freeze all across Texas and the wind turbines are frozen solid and the sun can not get to their solar panels and so far two people have died in their own frozen homes you idiot....

Exactly...

Luckily for everyone...we just finished a brand new coal fired power plant with extremely low emissions a few years ago.

I live in Wyoming and five of our major power plants were partially used to offset the lack of power in Texas. They had to put up Grid transfer points in South Dakota to get it into their systems. But now they are set up so we can share in the future.

Forum List

Back