Message to Biden, Im not going through an "incredible transition"

Shareholders vote on upgrades at refineries?

Gotta link?

They most certainly do asshat. All major expenditures outside the ordinary course of business must be approved by a majority of the Directors of a Corporation and confirmed by the Shareholders. That's basic corporate law, FuckBoi.

Shareholders vote on upgrades at refineries?

Gotta link?
Do you ever read on anything? If you did you might understand.
Start reading.

The following is what oil execs themselves say:

"When the captains of the U.S. oil industry met earlier this month in Houston for their annual convention, they offered multiple excuses for why they couldn’t do their part. “Now, with supply-chain challenges, it makes any attempt to grow now — and at a rapid pace — very, very difficult,” said Vicki Hollub, chief executive of Occidental Petroleum. Pioneer Natural Resources chief executive Scott Sheffield added that investors aren’t pushing companies to boost production beyond their current plans. (“Nobody believes this problem is long-term,” he said — though it may well turn out to be.) ConocoPhillips chief executive Ryan Lance said “poor regulatory policy” was partly to blame for lack of supply, and said high oil prices were a chance to pay down debt and improve shareholder returns.
To be sure, the U.S. oil sector is constrained — as are many other industries — by supply chain issues and manpower shortages. New drilling requires steel pipe and other materials in short supply. Still, the lack of leadership and creative thinking on display is galling. Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm got it right when she said on March 9 in Houston: “We are on a war footing — an emergency — and we have to responsibly increase short-term supply where we can right now to stabilize the market and to minimize harm to American families.”

"The industry claims that the rise in gas prices is due to an alleged failure by the Biden administration to sell enough leases and issue enough permits to drill for oil on federal lands and in federal waters. Flying under claims of “energy security” and the false pretense that more reckless drilling on public lands would lower increasingly rising gas prices, the oil and gas industry is demanding the U.S. government give them more public lands to stockpile. The oil and gas industry and their allies in Congress have pushed a false narrative that the fault of rising gas prices lies with the White House and are shamelessly preying on the fears of working families concerned about prices at the pump to extract big regulatory policy wins to enhance their future profits. Big Oil’s latest demand – immediately open more public lands for drilling – is both illegal and will do nothing to lower gas prices for everyday Americans."

"The real problem here is corporate greed. The industry could drill on those 9,000 leases with approved permits, but drilling costs money the industry doesn’t want to spend. In 2021 alone, Exxon Mobil, Shell, BP, and Chevron made a combined $75 billion in profits. Instead of spending some of this massive profit on drilling the leases they already hold, oil companies are buying back their own shares, funneling dividends to their shareholders, and paying lobbyists to demand cheap new federal leases so they can stockpile them for future profit. The industry is also talking out of both sides of its mouth. It suggests that issuing new federal oil leases or permits would magically cause gas prices to go down. But just this week, Exxon Mobil and Chevron announced they would increase production immediately by 160,000 barrels a day collectively—but warned we wouldn’t see that oil at the pump anytime soon."

The above is a small example of what's going on. If you choose to blame Biden that is your prerogative.
I also am a driver of 60 miles a day 6 days a week. I live in California and we are getting hosed big time by this crap as well. But at least I know who is doing what and why it is this way.

Let the gender confused freaks run wild with the transitioning. Thinkers are not getting rid of gas cars for nearly non existent electric replacements

Let the gender confused freaks run wild with the transitioning. Thinkers are not getting rid of gas cars for nearly non existent electric replacements
STFU. The fuel prices affect everyone that drives. Don't act like others are any different and the pain they feel.

Stay home. Buy as little gas as possible. email the oil companies and tell them you see what they're doing. Big companies take that shit seriously.

Blaming Joe Biden on a public message board isn't helping you do anything.
Why not produce more oil? Why are you afraid?

They most certainly do asshat. All major expenditures outside the ordinary course of business must be approved by a majority of the Directors of a Corporation and confirmed by the Shareholders. That's basic corporate law, FuckBoi.

Nowhere in your link does it say shareholders vote on plant expansions, Dumbass.

You are an idiot.

Start reading.

"When the captains of the U.S. oil industry met earlier this month in Houston for their annual convention, they offered multiple excuses for why they couldn’t do their part. “Now, with supply-chain challenges, it makes any attempt to grow now — and at a rapid pace — very, very difficult,” said Vicki Hollub, chief executive of Occidental Petroleum. Pioneer Natural Resources chief executive Scott Sheffield added that investors aren’t pushing companies to boost production beyond their current plans. (“Nobody believes this problem is long-term,” he said — though it may well turn out to be.) ConocoPhillips chief executive Ryan Lance said “poor regulatory policy” was partly to blame for lack of supply, and said high oil prices were a chance to pay down debt and improve shareholder returns.
To be sure, the U.S. oil sector is constrained — as are many other industries — by supply chain issues and manpower shortages. New drilling requires steel pipe and other materials in short supply. Still, the lack of leadership and creative thinking on display is galling. Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm got it right when she said on March 9 in Houston: “We are on a war footing — an emergency — and we have to responsibly increase short-term supply where we can right now to stabilize the market and to minimize harm to American families.”

"The industry claims that the rise in gas prices is due to an alleged failure by the Biden administration to sell enough leases and issue enough permits to drill for oil on federal lands and in federal waters. Flying under claims of “energy security” and the false pretense that more reckless drilling on public lands would lower increasingly rising gas prices, the oil and gas industry is demanding the U.S. government give them more public lands to stockpile. The oil and gas industry and their allies in Congress have pushed a false narrative that the fault of rising gas prices lies with the White House and are shamelessly preying on the fears of working families concerned about prices at the pump to extract big regulatory policy wins to enhance their future profits. Big Oil’s latest demand – immediately open more public lands for drilling – is both illegal and will do nothing to lower gas prices for everyday Americans."

"The real problem here is corporate greed. The industry could drill on those 9,000 leases with approved permits, but drilling costs money the industry doesn’t want to spend. In 2021 alone, Exxon Mobil, Shell, BP, and Chevron made a combined $75 billion in profits. Instead of spending some of this massive profit on drilling the leases they already hold, oil companies are buying back their own shares, funneling dividends to their shareholders, and paying lobbyists to demand cheap new federal leases so they can stockpile them for future profit. The industry is also talking out of both sides of its mouth. It suggests that issuing new federal oil leases or permits would magically cause gas prices to go down. But just this week, Exxon Mobil and Chevron announced they would increase production immediately by 160,000 barrels a day collectively—but warned we wouldn’t see that oil at the pump anytime soon."

The above is a small example of what's going on. If you choose to blame Biden that is your prerogative.
I also am a driver of 60 miles a day 6 days a week. I live in California and we are getting hosed big time by this crap as well. But at least I know who is doing what and why it is this way.
Nowhere in any of that does it say shareholders get to vote on plant upgrades.

Try again....

It's your own fault for moving away from the cities. You stupidly thought you were going to be off grid, but you are far more addicted to oil & must pay the price. You should have installed solar & charge up an electric car. They give food away here in the cities unless you eat at a restaurant.

I am not talking about off-grid. I am talking about many if not most non-major metro areas. I live in a suburb of a "small" city of about 75,000. The county has a population of around 500k. Yeah, we have running water and electricity and even Internet, but we do not have a robust transit system and are far too spread out for bicycles to be a primary mode of transportation.

I would NEVER want to live in a major metro area. They are crime-ridden cesspools. Frankly, I couldn't care less about mass transit. If you want to live like ants, so be it, but don't force your way of life on the rest of us.

I think you're broke. Instead of complaining about gas, buy a bus pass. Or ride a bike.
That. Right there. That is the democrat platform in one tweet. They really don’t give a fuck about people. They rule and if you can’t get by with their results then fuck off peasant, just ride a fucking bike you whiney bitch.

I am not talking about off-grid. I am talking about many if not most non-major metro areas. I live in a suburb of a "small" city of about 75,000. The county has a population of around 500k. Yeah, we have running water and electricity and even Internet, but we do not have a robust transit system and are far too spread out for bicycles to be a primary mode of transportation.

I would NEVER want to live in a major metro area. They are crime-ridden cesspools. Frankly, I couldn't care less about mass transit. If you want to live like ants, so be it, but don't force your way of life on the rest of us.
I don’t know that it’s dawned on you yet but that’s what they are trying to do. Force you into the city. They want your land. And if they can make it so you have no choice but welfare and a section 8 apartment downtown, well that’s considered a success to democrats.

That. Right there. That is the democrat platform in one tweet. They really don’t give a fuck about people. They rule and if you can’t get by with their results then fuck off peasant, just ride a fucking bike you whiney bitch.
Democrats show more sympathy for the illegals. THEY get an expensive flight, courtesy of taxpayers, to wherever they want to go, along with free medical care, free education, free baby formula of course, etc., etc., while the same Democrats snark at honest Americans to “ride a bike” if you can’t afford Biden’s gas prices.

Why don't you rail against Big Oil and their shareholders?
After all, they are the ones responsible. Their shareholders won't agree to upgrades and new refineries. Greed.
Big oil shareholders, you mean Dem BFF private and public employee union pension funds? OH SNAP!!

I don’t know that it’s dawned on you yet but that’s what they are trying to do. Force you into the city. They want your land. And if they can make it so you have no choice but welfare and a section 8 apartment downtown, well that’s considered a success to democrats.
Dems love to trap people on their Dem party plantations. While yapping about the environment as they obliterate it with their cities.

Oh, it has dawned on me.

Start reading.

How dare oil companies pay down debts!

If nobody is getting rid of their gas cars for electric vehicles, why are there so few electric vehicles available for sale? The thinkers are all snapping them up. My BIL started driving hybrids years ago. He was driving 20 miles to work, one way, and filling up the tank once a month.

If nobody is driving electric cars, why is Tesla the fastest growing company in America and Elon Musk the richest man in the world?

People driving electric cars aren't worried about the price of gas.

I keep telling you, ask any liberal and they're not "gender confused" at all. They know who they are. They know Michelle Obama isn't a man. Republicans seem to think she is.

Krysten Jenner isn't running as a Democrat, although why she would run as a Republican tells me she's really fucking confused. Everyone in that family is weird and creepy and addicted to cosmetic surgery. They have a lot in common with the Trumps, but the Kardashians really are rich, they don't just play rich people on television.

Forum List

Back