Men surrounded for exercising Second Amendment rights.

It would appear that they told the police they were armed. It would appear that nothing really needed stated. So do you support states violating our 2nd Amendment rights?
That information is useless when you don’t have a Massachusetts Class A LTC and you are violating pretty much every safe transport law on the books.

I carry a gun most of the time I go out and have for more than 20 years. I’ve still never found a need to carry a long gun on my person, to open carry or to carry in military-style attire. Not even on my way to training events or combat shooting competitions.

I support gun owners using common sense before screaming about the US Constitution.

I have never found a need to carry any gun but that is irrelevant. It's not up to you to decide which arms a person feels is needed.

he Southern Poverty Law Center describes the Moorish sovereign citizen movement as a collection of independent organizations and lone individuals that emerged in the early 1990s as an offshoot of the antigovernment sovereign citizens movement, which believes that individual citizens hold sovereignty over, and are independent of, the authority of federal and state governments.
I can see how that might led to a problem if that assessment holds true for this particular group of self-labeled nationalist non-American Moors. However, watching the video that Rodish kindly posted of one of the members explaining the incident, he
described what’s going on -they are being portrayed as anti-government group by the LSM when that’s not the case. I get it now. I was misled by the media yet again!

Last edited:
It's not up tp up to decide which arms a person feels is needed
True. However, I will base my response to an individual on how they are or are not armed. So will Law Enforcement.

I have had the opportunity to travel with my guns many, many times over the years. Every time I do, I reacquaint myself with the laws of every state I am going to pass through. Even the most basic of checks would have told these folks they would be breaking multiple gun laws while in the Comminwealth.

They made their choices. Now they have to deal with the consequences.

I'm missing an important aspect here. What did they do that was illegal to start with?
It’s illegal in Massachusetts to open-carry firearms, in a vehicle or not.

The important aspect you’re missing is that the Second Amendment is neither ‘absolute’ nor ‘unlimited’ – it’s subject to limits and restrictions consistent with Second Amendment jurisprudence.

In this case it’s perfectly Constitutional and lawful for a state to prohibit the open-carrying of firearms.

Such a prohibition is not unique to Massachusetts; they would have been arrested in Florida as well.

It's not up tp up to decide which arms a person feels is needed
True. However, I will base my response to an individual on how they are or are not armed. So will Law Enforcement.

I have had the opportunity to travel with my guns many, many times over the years. Every time I do, I reacquaint myself with the laws of every state I am going to pass through. Even the most basic of checks would have told these folks they would be breaking multiple gun laws while in the Comminwealth.

They made their choices. Now they have to deal with the consequences.

The 2nd Amendment applies to all states.

pknopp, EvilEyeFleegle has it correct and is asking a valid question.
Interstate 95 in Wakefield was shut down by a standoff between Massachusetts State Police and a group of heavily armed men Saturday morning. The men claim to be part of a group called “The Rise of The Moors – The Moorish American Arms.”
The group claims to be American nationals but not US citizens. They have a Moroccan flag.

"How do you claim to be an "American national" and not be a citizen?"

pknopp, In your mind do they have rights to enter into the country and use our constitution for their nefarious purposes?

There was ZERO reasons to question them to start with.
A group of men.
Armed to the teeth.
Gathered along the side of an interstate highway at 1:30AM

There's "reasonable cause" dripping from that cake.

Interstate 95 in Wakefield was shut down by a standoff between Massachusetts State Police and a group of heavily armed men Saturday morning. The men claim to be part of a group called “The Rise of The Moors – The Moorish American Arms.”
The group claims to be American nationals but not US citizens. They have a Moroccan flag.

pknopp, In your mind do they have rights to enter into the country and use our constitution for their nefarious purposes?

A group of men.
Armed to the teeth.

As long as you aren't a 2nd Amendment supporter.

pknopp

If they had nothing to hide why did they run off into the woods?
Don't know but I'd say these Black men stopped along the side of the road and the officer calling for more police may have gotten them a little nervous about a massacre.

A group of men.
Armed to the teeth.

Got nothing to do with the 2nd.
The men were behaving suspiciously.
The men behaving suspiciously were armed.

When challenged the men ran.

If you can't see the reasonable suspicion there you're not qualified to participate in the conversation.

pknopp

If they had nothing to hide why did they run off into the woods?
Don't know but I'd say these Black men stopped along the side of the road and the officer calling for more police may have gotten them a little nervous about a massacre.

The cop just stopped to see if he could help and most of em ran off into the woods.
There was no call for backup.

The 2nd Amendment applies to all states
The arrestitofficer doesn’t want to hear it, for would my employer; so until SCOTUS or some other entity actually invalidates these laws I am endeavoring not to get myself arrested for violating any of them unless it’s absolutely necesssry.

Wrong.

The courts have consistently held that vehicle checks do not violate the Fourth Amendment.

In this case the cars were stopped in the breakdown lane with their hazard lights flashing – it was perfectly appropriate and warranted for law enforcement to approach the vehicles and question the occupants.

A group of men.
Armed to the teeth.

Got nothing to do with the 2nd.
The men were behaving suspiciously.
The men behaving suspiciously were armed.

When challenged the men ran.

If you can't see the reasonable suspicion there you're not qualified to participate in the conversation.

As I said, most who pretend to support the 2nd really don't and this shows that we really have no 2nd Amendment rights because those who claim to support them by and large refuse to stand up for them.

Filling your car up because you ran out of gas is not acting suspicious.

The 2nd Amendment applies to all states
The arrestitofficer doesn’t want to hear it, for would my employer; so until SCOTUS or some other entity actually invalidates these laws I am endeavoring not to get myself arrested for violating any of them unless it’s absolutely necesssry.

And if you support the 2nd Amendment you would be screaming for those who do support it to get this to the Supreme Court.

Can you hear that sound? The sound of democrats weeping? When they heard 11 armed men on an interstate, they had Trumpgasms…..they saw 24/7 news coverage, story after story of white supremacy and pelosi and schumer grand standing for days………….and then………..they turned out to be muslims……………….can you hear that sound? Violent weeping and the gnashing of teeth by the democrats……so close….

Forum List

Back