Men surrounded for exercising Second Amendment rights.

pknopp, EvilEyeFleegle has it correct and is asking a valid question.
Interstate 95 in Wakefield was shut down by a standoff between Massachusetts State Police and a group of heavily armed men Saturday morning. The men claim to be part of a group called “The Rise of The Moors – The Moorish American Arms.”
The group claims to be American nationals but not US citizens. They have a Moroccan flag.

"How do you claim to be an "American national" and not be a citizen?"

pknopp, In your mind do they have rights to enter into the country and use our constitution for their nefarious purposes?

There was ZERO reasons to question them to start with.

From what I've heard the cop stopped to see if they needed assistance.

Interstate 95 in Wakefield was shut down by a standoff between Massachusetts State Police and a group of heavily armed men Saturday morning. The men claim to be part of a group called “The Rise of The Moors – The Moorish American Arms.”
The group claims to be American nationals but not US citizens. They have a Moroccan flag.

pknopp, In your mind do they have rights to enter into the country and use our constitution for their nefarious purposes?

Which is fine. Offer them assistance and move on.

If they hadn't ran off into the woods thats probably what would have happened.
If you run from the cops thats suspicious and the cop has every reason to find out why.
I mean really if you got pulled over would you run off into the woods if you hadn't done anything?

Lately the argument is that we really do not have 2nd Amendment rights and I do not see the biggest supporters of the 2nd Amendment doing a darn thing about this.

Massachusetts police responding to group of 'heavily armed men' claiming to 'not recognize our laws'

It appears a group of men ran out of gas and while refueling a police officer stopped. He arrested two of them and the rest fled into the woods. I'm missing an important aspect here. What did they do that was illegal to start with?

Thats exactly what I was wondering. If they're not bothering anyone or breaking laws, why are they being arrested?

If they hadn't ran off into the woods thats probably what would have happened.
If you run from the cops thats suspicious and the cop has every reason to find out why.
I mean really if you got pulled over would you run off into the woods if you hadn't done anything?

If I was not white? Yeah, maybe.

pknopp and we know that because of? How do we actually know? Are there suspicious activities we are not aware of?

Possibly but I commented on the article in question. If other facts come to light one can post them.

Police arrest 11 people in sweep of woods after heavily-armed sovereign citizen militia 'Rise of the Moors' fled during traffic stop​

-​

then went on YouTube to claim they ran because they were scared​

3 Jul 2021 ~~ By Andrew Court
  • Eleven 'armed and dangerous' men wearing tactical-style clothing fled into woodland outside of Boston early Saturday morning
  • Residents of nearby Wakefield and Reading were urged to lock their doors and stay inside
  • Police confirmed members of the group posted videos to a YouTube account named 'Rise of the Moors'
  • The group were seen in one clip waving a Moroccan flag, but insisted that they are not anti-US government
  • All of the men were apprehended late Saturday morning and were taken into custody
  • Police are now sweeping vehicles and surrounding areas
44991659-9752493-Police_have_confirmed_that_members_of_the_group_posted_multiple_-a-9_1625335658513.jpg

The Southern Poverty Law Center describes the Moorish sovereign citizen movement as a collection of independent organizations and lone individuals that emerged in the early 1990s as an offshoot of the antigovernment sovereign citizens movement, which believes that individual citizens hold sovereignty over, and are independent of, the authority of federal and state governments.

Comment:
Moor is the old Spanish word for Muslim, in case anyone wonders.
No drivers license, no weapon's license....they are above the law.
What is their agenda?
So what are they doing?
What and where was their target?
Black White Supremacist insurrectionists?
If they had been "White Supremacist" insurrectionists they would all be lying dead on the Interstate now. The FBI would be standing there bragging.
Their spokesman says they are not anti government yet they refused to put down their guns or comply. What are the police to think when they pull up behind a bunch of men with weapons on the side of the road. No matter what you comply with police then explain your situation later. But you don't run off.
Yep!! a group of "White Supremacists" out to overthrow this America....
It doesn’t really matter for it has been declared by Joey Xi Bai Dung our highest authority that “White Supremacists” are the greatest terrorist threat the US faces.

pknopp apparently they were brandishing their arms at the police. One can carry them in transit in Mass but they must be secured in a case.

Per Jamhal Talib live streaming. “We are on interstate 95 in Massachusetts…The police seen us on the side of the road with our guns secured. We were afraid so we got out.”

If their guns were actually secured in a case while they traveled how did the police see they had guns?

looked like the bunch that went sight seeing at the capitol on 1/6/2021.
I don't recall the sight seeing peeps on 1-6 being heavily armed. Perhaps you have something showing that they were?

It is interesting that they claim to be part of the Sovereign Citizen movement. I have the feeling that that's a bit of a cover? It would jibe with the refusal to give ID..and the claim of being American nationals..but not citizens. Question is..if not American, do they have gun rights?
BTW..I give a fuck where you live..10 guys gunned up on the side of the road does require an explanation.

I note that now all are arrested...most on gun charges...so there's that.

Which is fine. Offer them assistance and move on
It’s not that simple. The Communistwealth of Taxachusetts has very part and specific laws regarding the possession, carry and transport of firearms. I’m a resident of MA, so unfortunately, I know.

You MUST inform any LEO you engage with that you are carrying a firearm.,

MA doesn’t recognize any other state’s carry license.

MA has an assault weapon ban.

Any firearm being transported through must be unloaded and double-locked out of the reach of the vehicle occupants.

Thsts just a sampling of the laws these individuals were likely violating.

A bit more detail..no crime committed, afaik..just some evasive behavior and non-compliance. Got to say...amused by the Moorish American Arms--the Moors were Muslim, right? If these are Black folks...and Islamic...I bet some of those who see the 2nd amendment slant may break themselves twisting away...LOL!

The situation began when a trooper spotted two vehicles in the breakdown lane and stopped to offer assistance around 1:30 a.m. Saturday, according to Massachusetts State Police Col. Christopher Mason.
Shortly after 11 Saturday morning, Massachusetts State Police tweeted the shelter-in-place order had been lifted and 11 suspects had been arrested.
Mason said the trooper observed the group trying to refuel a vehicle and saw they were wearing tactical-style gear. They were armed with a combination of rifles and pistols.
The trooper asked the men for identification and called for backup.
According to Massachusetts State Police, the men were traveling to Maine from Rhode Island for what the group called "training."
A spokesperson for Maine State Police said MSP and the Maine Information Analysis Center was aware of the standoff and was "monitoring the situation with our local, state and federal partners."
A group calling themselves "Moorish American Arms" posted a video on Instagram overnight showing armed members blocking the highway.
Why? they are American citizens and all rights are protected for them by the U.S. Constiution.

It’s not that simple. The Communistwealth of Taxachusetts has very part and specific laws regarding the possession, carry and transport of firearms. I’m a resident of MA, so unfortunately, I know.

Any firearm being transported through must be unloaded and double-locked out of the reach of the vehicle occupants.

maybe some will get charged and will force the supreme court to hear the case and strike down that draconian law

A bit more detail..no crime committed, afaik..just some evasive behavior and non-compliance. Got to say...amused by the Moorish American Arms--the Moors were Muslim, right? If these are Black folks...and Islamic...I bet some of those who see the 2nd amendment slant may break themselves twisting away...LOL!

The situation began when a trooper spotted two vehicles in the breakdown lane and stopped to offer assistance around 1:30 a.m. Saturday, according to Massachusetts State Police Col. Christopher Mason.
Shortly after 11 Saturday morning, Massachusetts State Police tweeted the shelter-in-place order had been lifted and 11 suspects had been arrested.
Mason said the trooper observed the group trying to refuel a vehicle and saw they were wearing tactical-style gear. They were armed with a combination of rifles and pistols.
The trooper asked the men for identification and called for backup.
According to Massachusetts State Police, the men were traveling to Maine from Rhode Island for what the group called "training."
A spokesperson for Maine State Police said MSP and the Maine Information Analysis Center was aware of the standoff and was "monitoring the situation with our local, state and federal partners."
A group calling themselves "Moorish American Arms" posted a video on Instagram overnight showing armed members blocking the highway.
Why? they are American citizens and all rights are protected for them by the U.S. Constiution.
They're saying that they're not Citizens....and in any event, I see no problem with a cop asking for some ID...from 10 armed people on the side of the road dressed in full field kit.
You have the right to bear arms..and the police have the right to ascertain, if indeed, you have that right..and are not a felon..or non-citizen.

It would appear that they told the police they were armed. It would appear that nothing really needed stated. So do you support states violating our 2nd Amendment rights?

Y'know, it's popular, even fun sometimes, for us to do the ol' left/right, BLM/QAnon, I-hate-you-you-hate-me back and forth thing on this board, but let me tell you. I researched these guys a while ago, and they are so far outside of the paradigm, nothing you know about race or nationality or freedom or ideology or what's legal and what isn't, applies to them at all.

I don't even want to type it all out. Instead, here: Read this.
I don't care what you think about the SPLC. Read it anyway.

If this sounds terrifying—and believe me, the more you rabbit-hole this topic, the more terrifying it will sound—it's because they really, really are.

It would appear that they told the police they were armed. It would appear that nothing really needed stated. So do you support states violating our 2nd Amendment rights?
That information is useless when you don’t have a Massachusetts Class A LTC and you are violating pretty much every safe transport law on the books.

I carry a gun most of the time I go out and have for more than 20 years. I’ve still never found a need to carry a long gun on my person, to open carry or to carry in military-style attire. Not even on my way to training events or combat shooting competitions.

I support gun owners using common sense before screaming about the US Constitution.

Forum List

Back