Zone1 Members of mafia clans are Catholics and faith in God

It is akin to Biden saying he is Catholic, and supporting abortion on demand.

Not much difference really than Biden and the mafia in that regard.

I'm sure Biden has himself convinced God understands as well, even probably made a deal with God in some way, granted, a one way deal with God not really in the mix, but at least it helps him sleep at night.
Many Catholics support the death penalty. Many Catholics attack their own Pope. The list goes on, so I guess you condemn all Catholics, not just Biden, because we all know how principled you are.

:auiqs.jpg:

Or is their faith insincere, they only perform church rituals for appearances, to maintain decency in society? Or do they sin deliberately, ready to give their souls to the Devil in order to provide a normal life for their children
On one forum they answered me:
Faith is sincere, love for one's neighbor is everything. But neighbors in their world are famiglia nostra, cosa nostra, and not all sorts of English, Irish or neighboring families.
To which I replied:
Coppola showed in the trilogy that the Corleone family was great at killing close relatives: in the first film, Michael kills his son-in-law, in the second film - his brother, in the third film, the godfather Don Altabello also falls under the distribution.
True, this is just a movie, and reality may be different.

The reason why is because they already know they can do the time in purgatory and get through it. It's like in Mormon church you stay in outer darkness no probation no parole.

I've recently become interested in the moral dilemma that may confront members of mafia clans such as the Corleone family in the film "The Godfather." On the one hand, they are devout Catholics, they go to the Catholic Church and baptize their children. On the other hand, they are bandits and murderers who constantly violate the basic commandments of the Lord God and commit mortal sins. How does this fit in their soul and faith in the Christian God? Do they even repent before the face of the Lord God in confession? Francis Ford Coppola showed this very well in the final scene of The Godfather Part 1, when Michael Corleone takes part in the church ritual of baptism of his sister's son and at the same time scenes of the murder of his enemies are shown.
I loved that part in the movie.

I've recently become interested in the moral dilemma that may confront members of mafia clans ...

The moral dilemma are enemies of the own criminal clan. The solution of such a moral dilemma are for example cement shoes and a deep ocean. ... By the way: What had happened morally with the amoral clan member Osama Bin Laden and who had been the moral clan members who did do so?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back