Megadonor explains why he purchased Ron DeSantis for 2024 and what he expects from his donation

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Forget about the little people, Ron DeSantis will be the finest President big investment companies money can buy. That's why they're called "big investment companies."

DeSantis Megadonor, Billionaire Head of Citadel Investments Ken Griffin, Explains Why He Purchased Ron DeSantis for 2024 and What He Expects from His Investment​

"Billionaire Citadel Investment hedge fund CEO Ken Griffin is one of the top purchasers of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis for a 2024 presidential bid. In a recent article for Politico, Mr. Griffin openly explains what he expects from his investment in DeSantis:

(1) Stop the Trump populist movement

(2) Get the Republican party back in alignment with the multinational “corporate world.”

So, there you have it…. This is what Griffin expects Ron DeSantis to do for him.

Any questions?"

DeSantis Megadonor, Billionaire Head of Citadel Investments Ken Griffin, Explains Why He Purchased Ron DeSantis for 2024 and What He Expects from His Investment - The Last Refuge

1668266279987.png

Forget about the little people, Ron DeSantis will be the finest President big investment companies money can buy. That's why they're called "big investment companies."

DeSantis Megadonor, Billionaire Head of Citadel Investments Ken Griffin, Explains Why He Purchased Ron DeSantis for 2024 and What He Expects from His Investment​

"Billionaire Citadel Investment hedge fund CEO Ken Griffin is one of the top purchasers of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis for a 2024 presidential bid. In a recent article for Politico, Mr. Griffin openly explains what he expects from his investment in DeSantis:

(2) Get the Republican party back in alignment with the multinational “corporate world.”

So, there you have it…. This is what Griffin expects Ron DeSantis to do for him.

Any questions?"

DeSantis Megadonor, Billionaire Head of Citadel Investments Ken Griffin, Explains Why He Purchased Ron DeSantis for 2024 and What He Expects from His Investment - The Last Refuge

View attachment 724701

MAGA vs MEGA! Should be interesting. :popcorn:

Any questions?"

View attachment 724701

This is getting worse and worse.

Are you saying DeSantis can be bought and Trump not?

I see ZERO proof

show the proof

Tell me this:

How much did Donald Trump profit over the four years he was President?

What was President Trump's salary per year as President, and what did he spend it on?

What was his net worth before he was elected, and after he stepped down?

Tell me this:

What was President Trump's salary per year as President, and what did he spend it on?

What has political discourse been like before and after Trump?

Tell me this:

we havnt given DeS a chance to do that or anything else as pres.. so how can there be a comparison?

Thinking he bought desantis and thinking he will work off his debt was a big mistake. Desantis doesn't strike me as a guy who compromises much or can be bought. He is going to do what he thinks is best for Florida and nothing more.

Any questions?"

View attachment 724701

DeSantis is the new Jeb Bush.

But shorter.

we havnt given DeS a chance to do that or anything else as pres.. so how can there be a comparison?

Do you really think it's a good idea for DeSantis to govern Florida for two years, and then pull out and run for President in 2024? Isn't that rather "irresponsible"?

I'm pretty sure the left would hammer him over that. Like saying "Look at that DeSantis. He couldn't even finish out his term as Governor..."

That's the least thing the left will be using to hammer the hell out of DeSantis with. He's a career politician. He will have no choice but to go all kumbaya with the Democrats, because he has his political future to look out for.

Trump on the other hand, doesn't give a fuck. He can go berserk on the left, because he doesn't have to worry about getting reelected in some future election. If Trump loses, he just gets to go home and count his money. He's not beholden to big corporate GOP money either, because he already has his own. He didn't even accept a salary for being President over his four years. Do you really think DeSantis would do the same thing? I doubt it.

Desantis might be a big man in Florida where he has so much support. But when you get him neck-deep in the DC swamp, I bet he would fold up like a cheap suit. And don't think the deep state is going to cut him any slack just because his name isn't Trump. The left will fuck him over three ways to Sunday, just as bad as they did The Donald. They will chew him up and spit out the bones, just like they tried to do to Trump.

Last edited:
Do you really think it's a good idea for DeSantis to govern Florida for two years, and then pull out and run for President in 2024? Isn't that rather "irresponsible"?

I'm pretty sure the left would hammer him over that. Like saying "Look at that DeSantis. He couldn't even finish out his term as Governor..."

I agree. He should stay governor and protect freedom loving Floridians from from the authoritarian left.

Liberals, not the left, but DeSantis will be crushed by the national spotlight to be sure.

Or simply ignored.

Beyond the Swamp-love for him, the gushing over RonnyD and the attacks on Trump are mainly reality avoidance/scapegoating in which Republicans fail to accept that they made two serious missteps in 2022:

1) Failing to articulate a plan for governance - "We're not them [Democrats]!" is s shitty campaign slogan.

2) Moving too fast on abortion.

Forum List

Back