Medusa/Unicron: Avatar Banking

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is my modernism-opus, and it's inspired by Blade Runner 2049.

Cheers,

eagle.jpg

====

"Medusa (demon-goddess of the underworld) and Unicron (master of A.I. destiny and galactic war) were engaged in a heated debate about the metaphysical controversy surrounding the domination of Christianity as a contradiction to its messages about meekness and humility and how this apparent contradiction reflected a modern age obsession with media, toys, fashion, and ambition (i.e., Wall Street, NASDAQ, Toys 'R Us, etc.). However, the two disagreed about the 'quality' of capitalism."

medusa6.jpg

MEDUSA: Wall Street is a fantasy-zone...
UNICRON: All I care about is mercantile aesthetics!
MEDUSA: Are you not a fan of Starbucks and guilty-pleasures?
UNICRON: I'm not opposed to the 'guilty-pleasure' of Facebook...
MEDUSA: Well, I'm simply concerned about this modern obsession with 'toys.'
UNICRON: I admit eBay is treated like a primal auction resource!
MEDUSA: That's true, and I wonder if that's because consumers fantasize about convenience.
UNICRON: Isn't that what the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is all about?
MEDUSA: The EPA represents convenience towards political expediency, not indulgence.
UNICRON: I think Toys 'R Us reminds consumers of basic playfulness, not anarchy!
MEDUSA: Those toys inside McDonald's Happy Meals are popular with eaters looking for toys.
UNICRON: Yes, munch on a burger and play with your meal-toy for 30 minutes (R&R).
MEDUSA: America invests greatly in 'folk interests.'
UNICRON: That's why comic book characters are so popular in America.
MEDUSA: Yes, Hollywood makes adapted movies about fantastic heroism.
UNICRON: Consumers care about 'campfire-stories' regarding merchant-quality.
MEDUSA: When eBay seller-ratings are reliable, consumerism feels more...sane!
UNICRON: So who will carry the day, Captain America (war-child) or Batman (medicine-man)?

medusa5.jpg

As this heavenly debate continued, three random human beings listened to what was going on through their Ouija boards. One man was an Algerian-American ex-Marxist named Ajay Satan; the other was American super-celeb Tom Hanks, and the other was American super-celeb Tom Cruise(!). Satan, Hanks, and Cruise were home playing Ouija in their respective private apartments and hotel-rooms one quiet Saturday night in August when they heard the voices of Medusa and Unicron debating. They decided to join in on the debate when they heard each other whispering too (through their very-same Ouija boards!). They themselves (Satan, Hanks, and Cruise) began debating about Frankenstein and the monster's symbolic connection to modern A.I. science-fiction.

medusa3.jpg

SATAN: Of course, Pinocchio also symbolizes A.I./robots!
HANKS: Yes, but remember that Frankenstein symbolizes 'evil science' more.
CRUISE: True; Frankenstein reminds us of 'basic obsession.'

SATAN: I suppose modern A.I. and computers are reminiscent of Orwellian paranoia!
HANKS: Yes, they are; and that's because the romance is replaced by evangelism.
CRUISE: Interesting; what do you make of the cult-popularity of Aeon Flux?

SATAN: Aeon Flux symbolizes gender-intelligence in the age of networking.
HANKS: The main character is, after all, a super-female in a dystopian-futurama 'matrix.'
CRUISE: It's an 'stylized' rendition of Working Girl (Sigourney Weaver)!

SATAN: Should American girls buy Sheena jungle-heroine comic books?
HANKS: Sheena is like Tarzan and is a primal-backlash to modern industrialization-paranoia.
CRUISE: I prefer He-Man and She-Ra comics to Sheena books/media...

SATAN: It seems that Medusa and Unicron are heated about modern 'aesthetics.'
HANKS: They're both fascinated by media and modernized 'imagination.'
CRUISE: I wonder if all this 'Ouija-activity' is merely (and only) in our heads!

SATAN: I wouldn't be surprised; we're all 'fashion bureaucrats,' after all...
HANKS: I suppose fashion 'alters' the human imagination!
CRUISE: Isn't that the explanation for the MTV-phenomenon?

SATAN: I'm going to buy a Sheena comic book for my working-girl fiancée...
HANKS: Awesome, Ajay (great idea); I'll buy you a Sheena audiobook (on cassette!).
CRUISE: Perhaps primal daydreams will reorient civilization folklore (and modelling)!

medusa4.jpg

Finally, Shiva (Hindu god of destruction) and Leatherface (chainsaw-wielding cannibal from Texas, USA) got in on the 'action.' They started talking about evolving modern values (and the hit-TV series Modern Family starring Julie Bowen). Shiva was a commerce-idealist, but Leatherface was oriented towards terrorism and fascism and anti-TrumpUSA sentiments. It was an odd debate...

h2.jpg

SHIVA: I think Tom Cruise has AIDS...
LEATHERFACE: You can't keep up with all the celebrity-chatter!
SHIVA: Do consumers care about 'brand-spokesmen' (market-idols)?
LEATHERFACE: I think they care about Uncle Ben's Rice and Walt Disney.
SHIVA: Modern Family is a hip new TV series about adaptation...
LEATHERFACE: I think Julie Bowen is great as a 'interesting modern suburbanite.'
SHIVA: It's a great leap from The Dukes of Hazzard and Little House on the Prairie.
LEATHERFACE: Americans today appreciate 'in-your-face' aesthetics (e.g., MTV).
SHIVA: I think that will 'calm down' and consumers will again embrace 'classic looks.'
LEATHERFACE: Are you talking about Amazon.com and Netflix?
SHIVA: Yes, both those services offer fine-tuned marketplace experiences.
LEATHERFACE: Wikipedia is a good peer-edited site, but Facebook is simply an obsession!
SHIVA: Maybe Julie Bowen will make a sophisticated film about Madonna (musician).
LEATHERFACE: Should celebrities be involved in social work?
SHIVA: It's all a matter of trends...
LEATHERFACE: Are you a fan of media-jewelry?
SHIVA: I like Tron a great deal.
LEATHERFACE: I prefer Xbox (if that's considered 'jewelry').
SHIVA: It sure is; video-games offer portals into pure fantasy!
LEATHERFACE: In that case, I want 'toy-jewelry' for kids.
SHIVA: First, you have to abandon that chainsaw...
LEATHERFACE: And give up my allegiance to Satan and Home Depot?

s3.jpg

"All of you are petty fools. This is a world of darkness governed by an overwhelming suffocating sensation about industrialization-related global warming. The Earth will die in the hands of ambitious men paradoxically, and the only sanity is found in pockets of anarchy (eco-terrorism). Without a defiant statement about the strange reality of corporate greed, there will never be anything 'inherently' moving/inspiring about millions of people driving in cars to buy greasy cheeseburgers. Convince me I'm wrong/fanatical, and I'll stop calling myself...Poison Ivy!"

dc2.jpg

GOD: It looks like Poison Ivy is the loudest Ouija player tonight...
SATAN: She's the new Mr. Monopoly (in terms of modernism intrigue)!
GOD: That's arguable; eco-terrorism will always be considered a 'retaliation.'
SATAN: I think she's right about an inherent angst about 'industrial impact.'
GOD: She's a medicine-woman, nothing more. She needs psychiatry!
SATAN: I think her point is that media is merely marketed as psychiatry...
GOD: I see what you mean; maybe my archangel Michael can make her optimistic.
SATAN: Perhaps Michael can tell Poison Ivy about renewable energy (Algerian wind-farms).
GOD: Did you know Algerian wind-energy is more advanced than American?
SATAN: Really? Well, Americans make superior consumer-electronics batteries (Duracell).
GOD: I prefer Energizer (also American!); it's eerie buying batteries for toys...
SATAN: Yes! Batteries remind you of 'synthetic energy.'
GOD: Americans must not waste fossil-fuels anymore...
SATAN: The new sci-fi film Alien: Covenant represents modernism nightmares.
GOD: Yes, contact with an alien intent to exterminate our species...
SATAN: There's no reason an alien should unconditionally-praise capitalism!
GOD: True; Facebook, Wall Street, Burger King, Wal-Mart are 'user-options' (not mandates).
SATAN: Exactly; the alien is exercising a right to free-speech by labelling mankind 'dolls.'
GOD: Ouija should be played with more caution; Medusa-Unicron is not a 'video-conference.'
SATAN: Science-fiction in modern times has changed the way we discuss taboos.

====

:dance:

6.jpg

Disclaimer/Dianetics

"I do not and have not ever condoned the use of eco-terrorism as a means to expedite the political process of democratic change, and any reference to such activity in this last blog merely indicates my very general interest in modern media-engaged pedestrianism prose and rhetoric akin to Uncle Sam patriotism (rather than Marxist technique). Eco-terrorism will always be a malady in the history of human civilization and should be marked as a tragedy rather than as a success-story, which is why this blog highlighting the obviously very 'heavy' eco-terrorism oriented bureaucracy-critique by the fictional comic book villainess Poison Ivy (DC Comics) symbolizes basic civilian intellectualism (not journalistic tradition!). THANK YOU"​
ica2.jpg

Forum List

Back