Medical bills #1 reason for bankruptcy

Should medical bills be the #1 reason for bankruptcy in the "greatest" country on Earth? I think the article put it best.

Medical debt is a 'uniquely American problem' caused by a 'very broken' system, expert explains

A uniquely American problem. And before anyone points out that this is still going on even after Obamacare, I NEVER supported Obamacare.

Obamacare only works when people actually buy the insurance and get covered.

There are huge areas of our nation that people aren't covered by insurance.

Texas has the highest rate of uninsured people in our nation.

Even with Obamacare and most employer provided insurance, it only pays at the most 70%. No one can afford 30% of cancer or heart problems or most major medical problems that are common in America.

RIght, Obamacare is not what was needed. Having coverage you can't afford to use is only slightly better than none at all.

I'm a single payer proponent I have been since the reagan years.

I don't believe health insurance should be for profit. It wasn't before reagan. Which is one of the reasons why health insurance was much cheaper before reagan.

Things would be much more efficient and cost less if we had one system that everyone was contributing to.

It's not fair that it all depends your employer if you have health care or not. Nor is it fair that one employer has better insurance than another employer.

Our system is a total mess but there doesn't seem to be any politician on either side who is willing to actually put the time in to fix it.

Well knowing how the system works and making yourself fit into it is A Lot Better than griping for others to cover it for you.

pknopp
The next thread where Biden supporters explain why ramping up bombing in Syria makes sense should be a fun one.
As a Biden supporter I hafta say I think that was a bad idea.

You had to know that was what you were voting for though.
The alternative was worse, by several orders of magnitude.

There are always other alternatives. The (D)'s didn't have to go with the known war monger to start with.

Should medical bills be the #1 reason for bankruptcy in the "greatest" country on Earth? I think the article put it best.

Medical debt is a 'uniquely American problem' caused by a 'very broken' system, expert explains

A uniquely American problem. And before anyone points out that this is still going on even after Obamacare, I NEVER supported Obamacare.
...no, they prove they don't know how to handle finances .....they are buying crap like new cars/cable tv/go out to eat all the time/have 10 kids/etc .....
..sure , they say we can't pay medical expenses, but that's because of their poor financial decisions

That’s absurd. Shouldn’t we expect more from the world’s most expensive hc system?
Of course we should, but let me tell you, people come from all over the world to get our healthcare. As a patient at the Cleveland Clinic, I can testify that when you go to their main campus downtown, you are the person who feels like a foreigner. Our healthcare quality is the best, but it's also the most expensive.
I doubt it’s the best any longer. It may still be for the wealthy, who can afford the best care. It’s not a fair system, but I suspect you don’t care about fairness.
the rich live, the poor die in American HC

~S~

Forum List

Back