UK post office should be sold for £1

Captain Caveman

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2020
England
Campaigner suggests that embattled Royal Mail should be sold to Amazon for £1 -

Former sub-postmaster and lead campaigner Alan Bates has called for the Post Office to be sold to the likes of Amazon for £1 as he described it as "a dead duck".

He led a group of 555 sub-postmasters who took the Post Office to the High Court over the scandal, which was settled in December 2019.

The history and downfall of the Royal Mail. It's a monopoly, but how can it make losses most years. Well, it was publicly owned, and thus wasteful and it's major Achilles heal, suffered from Left Wing unions. So it was eventually privatised to save tax payers funds. So union strikes continued to erode the Royal Mail and then it's disastrous Siemens system has caused a humongous problem.

So if any American wants to know how a monopoly can fail, Left Wing Unions.

In fairness it has been unlucky .

It never figured as a desirable route to the top, so hardly ever attracted particularly bright or creative people .

And it is now trying to ignore the obvious --" mail" as a working practise is near dead and buried .

Mailing is like flogging the famous "Dead Horse" when it is already way past being knackered .

In fairness it has been unlucky .

It never figured as a desirable route to the top, so hardly ever attracted particularly bright or creative people .

And it is now trying to ignore the obvious --" mail" as a working practise is near dead and buried .

Mailing is like flogging the famous "Dead Horse" when it is already way past being knackered .
That got my interest and I looked it up. Almost eight million letters were sent in the UK in 2022, more than in 2021.

However, the union impact on the mail could be real. Unions will start to get greedy when they have too much power.

That got my interest and I looked it up. Almost eight million letters were sent in the UK in 2022, more than in 2021.
We need to distinguish between letters and circulars , bills and advertising material .
" Nobody "writes letters anymore.
Soon all circulars , bills etc will be handled on line .

Similar in a way to the old idea of delivering milk to households every day ( except Sunday) .
Quaint and "nice" . But a different age .

We need to distinguish between letters and circulars , bills and advertising material .
" Nobody "writes letters anymore.
Soon all circulars , bills etc will be handled on line .

Similar in a way to the old idea of delivering milk to households every day ( except Sunday) .
Quaint and "nice" . But a different age .
We cannot download items. So at least the parcel service should benefit from the online orders. It should not be sold to amazon or others.

However, the union impact on the mail could be real. Unions will start to get greedy when they have too much power.
Well, Thatcher really stomped on unions and got them in their place, but as they've been allowed to recoup, the NHS, education, and rail suffer too from Lefty union strikes.

Take rail. The machine that resets the ballast, sleepers, and track works a Sunday. The unions fought for those who work on it to get more money. So what do the other staff do? They book themselves down to it on the other 6 days where is doesn't operate to inflate their wages. So rail is underfunded? Nope, the fraud is rife.

But back to the Royal mail. Nationalised, the losses were propped up by the tax payer, privatised, the shareholders will suffer. Mail will never die out because original documents etc.. still have to be posted, they can't get scanned and emailed because then, they wouldn't be original. But the blight on the Post Office (and other institutions) are the unions.

The post office is being dragged down by this govt not wanting to pay the compensation owed. Its the same tactic with the Windrush conservative scandal and the poisoned blood victims.
All groups that the tories are persecuting.

Forum List

Back