Medical bills #1 reason for bankruptcy

Sad story. Too bad it's not true. After years of a thriving bankruptcy practice and conversations with many other bankruptcy attorneys, the number one reason is credit card debt. Second reason is the death of a primary breadwinner.

Top 5 Reasons Why People Go Bankrupt

Health Care Costs Number One Cause of Bankruptcy for American Families | ABI

Should medical bills be the #1 reason for bankruptcy in the "greatest" country on Earth? I think the article put it best.

Medical debt is a 'uniquely American problem' caused by a 'very broken' system, expert explains

A uniquely American problem. And before anyone points out that this is still going on even after Obamacare, I NEVER supported Obamacare.

It's all a con.

Think about the UK where you get healthcare no matter what your status. You get cancer, they deal with it. It's not about whether you were able to get a high paying job or not.

Should medical bills be the #1 reason for bankruptcy in the "greatest" country on Earth? I think the article put it best.

Medical debt is a 'uniquely American problem' caused by a 'very broken' system, expert explains

A uniquely American problem. And before anyone points out that this is still going on even after Obamacare, I NEVER supported Obamacare.
Isn’t Obamacare great?

Doesn’t matter if you support it or not. Dems shoved it down America’s throat and it’s wonderful because they say it is.

I NEVER supported Obamacare.
No one supports the ACA – it’s a stop-gap measure at best, until we realize a more enlightened future and implement a comprehensive healthcare program.
You mean state run healthcare, which the left claimed wasn’t the end goal of Obamacare.

And isn't what we have. We have insurance industry run health care.
Yes and it’s completely fucked up from government regulations.

No one supports the ACA – it’s a stop-gap measure at best, until we realize a more enlightened future and implement a comprehensive healthcare program.
You mean state run healthcare, which the left claimed wasn’t the end goal of Obamacare.

And greed.

And greed.

Yea, like experimental vaccine pharmaceutical companies being immune from lawsuits.

And greed.

Yea, like experimental vaccine pharmaceutical companies being immune from lawsuits.

Sure. They've done very well with all of this.

Best we could have done was run our insurance like we do auto insurance. That is, have health insurance for catastrophic events and be allowed to shop around for routine care. But nope, we have/had the "cadillac plans", mostly thanks to unions, where every little thing was covered including deductibles. People paid not one thin dime for their health care, and got used to it. So, we are still left with the idea that "insurance" should pay for routine care: check ups, sore throats, etc. And so our healthcare is pricey.

Should medical bills be the #1 reason for bankruptcy in the "greatest" country on Earth?
The Right will tell you that they don't want to pay for someone else's health care.

Somehow it hasn't yet sunk in that they already are. And they're paying more because people have to use the ER for basic care, because an absence of preventive/diagnostic services means problems will happen more frequently, and because they wait until their conditions are worse before they go in, in the first place.

I don't know how to reason with "thinking" like that.

It's time for doctors to list their prices for every procedure. Now they just rob the insurance companies of the haves to pay for the have nots, which in turn drives insurance costs beyond most peoples reach. It would also help if we got rid of the 30+ million illegal aliens who have no insurance. Unfortunately, this administration is doing everything they can to drive costs even higher.

Forum List

Back