Meatloaf.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
How do you make yours? I just slapped a mini one for me in the oven. MrG doesn't like meatloaf so it's all for me. HB meat, lean....bread crumbs, onions, salt/pepper, garlic, a smidge of WhatsThisHere sauce (worchestershire), an egg, diced sweet mini peppers and when almost done..I will spread some ketchup on top. Not alot..just a bit.

Gimme yer recipe!

I use pumpernickel bread for filler otherwise it's pretty standard. Gives it a unique taste I have gotten a lot of compliments on.

How do you make yours? I just slapped a mini one for me in the oven. MrG doesn't like meatloaf so it's all for me. HB meat, lean....bread crumbs, onions, salt/pepper, garlic, a smidge of WhatsThisHere sauce (worchestershire), an egg, diced sweet mini peppers and when almost done..I will spread some ketchup on top. Not alot..just a bit.

Gimme yer recipe!
I love meatloaf but I don't know why those commie bastards in the frozen food aile uses brown gravy instead of ketchup

Ewww on the brown gravy. KETCHUP!!!! And leftovers....a meatloaf sammich! With bacon.

I ain't sayin shit on a public board!

My meatloaf is a clear and present danger to all that get too close to it.

That's all I need is written proof out there...

Gimme yer recipe!
Same as yours just add stewed tomatoes and green bell peppers and crackers instead of bread. :)

It really depends on what I'm in the mood for.

Sometimes it's a can of Rotel, grated cheese, and an egg.
Sometimes it's crushed crackers, egg, and a packet of dry Ranch Dressing.
Sometimes it's crushed croutons, an egg, and my own "no salt" seasoning mix.
Sometimes it's crushed crackers, an egg, ketchup and A1 sauce.

"no salt" seasoning mix.
1625363425756.png

I have some of this. Shit is GOOD. (Amazon)

1/2 ground pork and 1/2 ground flank steak.
Flank steak is very lean, but packed with beefy flavor. Pork fat taste better than beef fat, so thus the 1/2 ground pork.
Definitely ketchup, but I mix in a little hot sauce in with it.
Spices is simple: S&P, onion powder and garlic powder.
With the high fat content of the ground pork, about 2/3 way through cooking it is best to take it out of oven and drain off the excess fat and then add the ketchup. Otherwise it will be swimming in grease.

Gimme yer recipe!
I just follow Chef Jean-Pierre's bacon wrapped meatloaf recipe. It's delicious.

It's quite a bit of prep work, but it's worth it.

Last edited:

Gimme yer recipe!

I would imagine it is sitting in about 2" of grease before removing from pan.
Ugh

Instead the bread crumbs I use ground up seasoned croutons. I grind my own meat. Two pounds of chuck roast and one pound of pork. I combine all the liquid ingredients, including the eggs, together before mixing. I cook it in a cast iron pan.

I also cook it on the Big Green Egg to give it a smoke flavor.

Instead the bread crumbs I use ground up seasoned croutons. I grind my own meat. Two pounds of chuck roast and one pound of pork. I combine all the liquid ingredients, including the eggs, together before mixing. I cook it in a cast iron pan.

I also grind my own usually.
I'll have to try 2/1 Beef to Pork. I use 1/1.
What cut of pork do you use? I usually grind pork shoulder and beef flank.

I also grind my own usually.
I'll have to try 2/1 Beef to Pork. I use 1/1.
What cut of pork do you use? I usually grind pork shoulder and beef flank.

Pork shoulder.

I usually use chuck for the beef but have used brisket.

For my taste two beef to one pork works out the best. I once used veal and did 1-1-1 and it was good.

Here in Florida we have Publix grocery stores and a lot of time they will sell a beef/veal/pork meatloaf mixture, which is great. However, nowadays I grind my own.

Meat loaf is one of my favorite dishes. Most people ridicule me when I tell them that.

You must be my soul brother.

Gimme yer recipe!

I would imagine it is sitting in about 2" of grease before removing from pan.
Ugh

That's not what happens.

Lean ground beef, eggs, garlic, onion, Mrs Dash herb mix bread crumbs bacon across the top. No ketchup.

Forum List

Back