McConnell slams trump after he votes not guilty

McConnell HATES Trump like all "good" rinos do.

But this is the only information you need from this article. McConnell is right about this, and no Trump hating leftist can refute it

But McConnell -- who, as Senate majority leader last month, rejected calls by Senate Democrats for a speedy trial during Trump's final days in office -- said Trump was constitutionally ineligible for conviction since the punishment is removal, and Trump was already out of office
Essentially, McConnell created a politically expedient standard and then argued that the standard left him no choice but to do what suited him in the first place.

In another Orwellian twist, he claimed the Senate was outside its jurisdictional boundaries to convict for two reasons. One, because the House did not get the article of impeachment to the Senate early enough. In fact, they did. It was sent to the Senate by the House on Jan. 15, but McTreason refused to formally accept it until after the inauguration.

The second jurisdictional argument, just as disingenuous, the one we knew Repubs would hang their hats on, had already been rejected by a vote in the Senate. The one proven wrong by precedent, https://www.justsecurity.org/74226/...-impeachment-trial-after-trump-leaves-office/
not accepted by a vast majority of legal scholars, Legal scholars, including at Federalist Society, say Trump can be convicted
yet lending a fig leaf of credibility to anyone duplicitous enough to use it.

After his failed attempt to justify his vote he said what he really thinks. “President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day.” Cuz he is ripping mad at Trump. Not for causing an insurrection. For causing Mitch to lose control of the Senate. For him that is unforgivable. Other Repubs predictably hid behind the same excuse Mitch did. What a disgrace.

What he went on to say was yet another disservice to Merrick Garland. As well as a nod to the donor class of the party who desperately want to distance themselves from the Orange Despot. He put prosecution for the other crimes McTurtle suggested Trump was still liable for on Garland's plate. Another masterfully strategic move since we all know what will happen if the DoJ goes after Trump. "The base" will be energized as Trump plays the victim card. Money will fill the coffers of the RNC, allowing Mitch to do try to do the only thing he cares about, getting to be the majority leader in the Senate again. So he can block Biden's agenda, one that is popular with a majority of Americans.

In a perfect world Josh Hawley, Ted Cruz, and the other Trump enablers......like Mitch McConnell......would pay a political cost. But Repubs still live in Trumpworld so the cost will be borne by the country.

No, he wasn't but the senators who did vote to convict over nothing are very dangerous to this country.

In another Orwellian twist, he claimed the Senate was outside its jurisdictional boundaries to convict for two reasons. One, because the House did not get the article of impeachment to the Senate early enough. In fact, they did. It was sent to the Senate by the House on Jan. 15, but McTreason refused to formally accept it until after the inauguration.

The second jurisdictional argument, just as disingenuous, the one we knew Repubs would hang their hats on, had already been rejected by a vote in the Senate. The one proven wrong by precedent, https://www.justsecurity.org/74226/...-impeachment-trial-after-trump-leaves-office/
not accepted by a vast majority of legal scholars, Legal scholars, including at Federalist Society, say Trump can be convicted

After his failed attempt to justify his vote he said what he really thinks. “President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day.” Cuz he is ripping mad at Trump. Not for causing an insurrection. For causing Mitch to lose control of the Senate. For him that is unforgivable. Other Repubs predictably hid behind the same excuse Mitch did. What a disgrace.

What he went on to say was yet another disservice to Merrick Garland. As well as a nod to the donor class of the party who desperately want to distance themselves from the Orange Despot. He put prosecution for the other crimes McTurtle suggested Trump was still liable for on Garland's plate. Another masterfully strategic move since we all know what will happen if the DoJ goes after Trump. "The base" will be energized as Trump plays the victim card. Money will fill the coffers of the RNC, allowing Mitch to do try to do the only thing he cares about, getting to be the majority leader in the Senate again. So he can block Biden's agenda, one that is popular with a majority of Americans.

In a perfect world Josh Hawley, Ted Cruz, and the other Trump enablers......like Mitch McConnell......would pay a political cost. But Repubs still live in Trumpworld so the cost will be borne by the country.

No, he wasn't but the senators who did vote to convict over nothing are very dangerous to this country.
The opposite is true. They represent a dying breed, Repubs who put the country first.

Essentially, McConnell created a politically expedient standard and then argued that the standard left him no choice but to do what suited him in the first place.
Mitch is kinda known for that.

Merrick Garland sound familiar?

Mitch only has himself to blame for losing the Senate. Fuck him.

Right.

And Kevin McCarthy has himself to blame for losing the House.

And Trump has himself to blame for losing the ...

hahahahaha

As if Trump cultists have the emotional capacity to admit Trump lost.
Just to note, this is the exact same thing Byrd did concerning Clinton. One has to wonder what it would take to actually find someone guilty.

Bubba committed actual crimes and they didn't convict him. Trump never committed a crime. Maybe you'll have some luck going back to burr.

I thought the first time was a complete joke but the case was made this time IMO. I also believe doing it the first time made this one less likely to convict him.

I thought bringing up impeachment charges on bubba and orange man was stupid.

Clinton committed perjury. Where would you draw a line in allowing a president to break the law?

I voted for bubba twice. Starr had his chances on whitewater and decided to go with bj's. Yeah, Clinton broke the law but it had nothing to do with the investigation. I'm not excusing his infidelities either.

I didn't argue that it had anything to do with the original investigation. I said he committed perjury. I just wondered where we draw the line with presidents breaking the law.

It's hypocritical to even bring impeachment charges since congress and the senate have been engaging in corruption and illegal activities for decades. But if we're gonna bring bogus charges on a president, then we'll do the same to the next president.

Well I won't disagree that it's hypocritical out of other politicians.

Ahhh....the money issue. If Kevin and Miss Lindsey keep traveling to Florida to consult their King...the GOPQ money train is going to dry up.

The GOPQ has lost thousands on members and will be losing millions of dollars if they continue to hang their party on the Leader of the Insurrection. Mitch knows that. Evidently you Q advocates are too stupid to know that.

He had a lot of gall to do this, within minutes of 43 senators showing that they lack the character and patriotism to defend our republic.
If "defending our Republic" requires them to vote guilty on some BULLSHIT maybe this "Republic" is NOT worth saving.

TEXIT!!!!

You need to explain just how this was "bullshit." Inciting traitors to attack the Congress of the United States during the performance of its duty under the U.S. Constitution is no laughing matter. This is all on video. The 43 who voted to acquit refused to defend the United States of America, its constitution, and the rule of law, and, in doing so, they opened the door to any and every president leaving office to wreak whatever damage they can before they leave. These traitors are the descendants of Benedict Arnold.

Mitch is trying to play to both sides of the Republican Party. He lets trump slide and the unequivocally says he is quality. The GOPQ still has an obese...orange problem in Florida. They have chosen to allow him to pull them around like a neutered dog from now on.

I think it's more than what it appears. I think there were deals cut in the background between the two majority leaders and Moscow Mitch and a few others. While all knew they could not impeach a civilian, they did do the legwork for the Judicial Department whether it be the AG or the District of Columbia District Court.

Mitch is trying to play to both sides of the Republican Party. He lets trump slide and the unequivocally says he is quality. The GOPQ still has an obese...orange problem in Florida. They have chosen to allow him to pull them around like a neutered dog from now on.

I think it's more than what it appears. I think there were deals cut in the background between the two majority leaders and Moscow Mitch and a few others. While all knew they could not impeach a civilian, they did do the legwork for the Judicial Department whether it be the AG or the District of Columbia District Court.
I hope you are right...but it seems there is a heated battle that is about to take place between the GOP and the GOPQ. Mitch vs trump. It could get pretty intense as 2022 approaches.

I hope you are right...but it seems there is a heated battle that is about to take place between the GOP and the GOPQ. Mitch vs trump. It could get pretty intense as 2022 approaches.

Rump made another enemy when he refused to turn the Donor List over to legal leader of the Republican Party. And he still hasn't. I thought ill of fast trip to Florida by Kevin McCarthy. Yes, he went down there to smooze Rump but to get that Campaign Donor List from him. Not only has Rump tried to appoint himself as President, he's trying to appoint himself as the head of the GOP. Just another election he's totally ignoring.

Mitch only has himself to blame for losing the Senate. Fuck him.

Ol' Mitch clearly did about as little homework on what really happened at the rally and who was there as he did everything else. Trump's rally was a peaceful, friendly, happy event with nothing but family and children. He threw Trump and all his voters under the bus in the hopes that his speech would spare him the same wrath against him as Trump's lawyer Van Der Veen is going through now. I think it's time for Mitch to retire.

but the senators who did vote to convict over nothing

TrumpQ’s attempt to install himself in a second term after losing the electoral and popular vote in a landslide for Joe has brought death to a Capitol Police Officer..

And you ball that nothing. What scum Republicans have become.

McConnell is trying to split the difference and have it both ways

but he is only alienating everyone

its time for him to step down from his leadership position

Forum List

Back