McConnell says House’s Supreme Court security bill can’t pass Senate

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) warned late Monday afternoon that a House bill to provide protection to Supreme Court justices and their staffs will not pass the Senate, ratcheting up a standoff with Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.).

McConnell and Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), who drafted a Senate bill to implement new protections only for Supreme Court justices, accused House Democrats of trying to stall the measure.

Cornyn’s bill, which he wrote with Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.), passed the Senate unanimously.

McConnell said he had informed House leaders Monday that if they pass a different version of the bill that provides bodyguards for Supreme Court justices and their clerks, it won’t make it to President Biden’s desk.

Can't we see the draft yet? I mean what is the hold up........specifically.

Just so we are clear, you are telling me the hold up on this is a bunch of people sitting around and saying: But, what about me? Don't I count?

Who is targeting McConnell? He is the only one that appears willing to talk or answer questions at this point.

Why only Supreme Court Justices?

Why not AOC?
Her life has been threatened too

How about Mike Pence?
Republicans still want to hang him

You sound exactly like the cultists who blabber on about Hunter Biden's laptop every time the Jan 6 insurrection is mentioned.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) warned late Monday afternoon that a House bill to provide protection to Supreme Court justices and their staffs will not pass the Senate, ratcheting up a standoff with Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.).

McConnell and Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), who drafted a Senate bill to implement new protections only for Supreme Court justices, accused House Democrats of trying to stall the measure.

Cornyn’s bill, which he wrote with Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.), passed the Senate unanimously.

McConnell said he had informed House leaders Monday that if they pass a different version of the bill that provides bodyguards for Supreme Court justices and their clerks, it won’t make it to President Biden’s desk.

Can't we see the draft yet? I mean what is the hold up........specifically.
House dems very cagey. Kill bill with poison pill ..... for gop justices.

Just so we are clear, you are telling me the hold up on this is a bunch of people sitting around and saying: But, what about me? Don't I count?

Considering that another federal judge was shot and killed last week, yes, they're saying what about ALL of the judges.

Considering that another federal judge was shot and killed last week, yes, they're saying what about ALL of the judges.

I didn't realize that your super telepathy powers hit a language barrier. I guess they don't speak Canadian anywhere in Congress----she said sarcastically.

Forum List

Back