McConnell is by far the most Successful Senate Majority Leader in US History

I measure success by what a person has accomplished, not by what they have blocked and sat on their hands.

McConnell is the worst leader I've seen in a while, and I've seen a few failed leaders in my 20 plus years in the Navy.
You're the one who was too scared to go to a USO in a friendly port, right?

I don't want to hear about your military heroism, really!

I measure success by what a person has accomplished, not by what they have blocked and sat on their hands.

McConnell is the worst leader I've seen in a while, and I've seen a few failed leaders in my 20 plus years in the Navy.

Was never scared to go to a USO while overseas. Just said that I kept my head on a swivel and watched for anything suspicious. And yeah, there WAS a USO that got bombed that I had been to just a couple of weeks before. By the way Meathead, how many years did you serve?

Was never scared to go to a USO while overseas. Just said that I kept my head on a swivel and watched for anything suspicious. And yeah, there WAS a USO that got bombed that I had been to just a couple of weeks before. By the way Meathead, how many years did you serve?
FFS, stop trying to use your military service for legitimacy. It is at once cowardly and obnoxious. What you said was said, in this case because Reagan had a strong foreign policy.

Stop being such a coward and a prick!

McConnell has gotten shit done on the legislative front. All he's done successfully is pack the courts with conservative judges. Those ain't accomplishments. The man has been a one man wrecking crew, destroying political discourse and bipartisanship.
I don't get it. Are they only "accomplishments" if you agree with them?

I find them amazing accomplishment, clearly surpassing those before him,.

McConnell has gotten shit done on the legislative front. All he's done successfully is pack the courts with conservative judges. Those ain't accomplishments. The man has been a one man wrecking crew, destroying political discourse and bipartisanship.
McConnell got his judges but at a high long term cost.

To do it, he destroyed a long term process of the Senate allowing a sitting President to fill vacancies. McConnell changed that to where an opposition President is not allowed to fill court vacancies.
He also ended the Senate Filibuster on SCOTUS appointments.

Short term victories with long term consequences

If you wanna count the sweetheart tax cut that he and Ryan engineered, getting Gorsuch over the finish line (when it should have been a layup), and packing the court with conservative judges as accomplishments, that's fine. I don't because he sat on a bunch of legislation that the House sent over that could help the average working individual. Harry Reid for all his faults was a better majority leader.

If you wanna count the sweetheart tax cut that he and Ryan engineered, getting Gorsuch over the finish line (when it should have been a layup), and packing the court with conservative judges as accomplishments, that's fine. I don't because he sat on a bunch of legislation that the House sent over that could help the average working individual. Harry Reid for all his faults was a better majority leader.
Puny, by any calculation.

McConnell will probably go down as one of the worst Senate leaders in history.

The Senate has functioned for hundreds of years with certain procedures and protocols that got things done

One was the filibuster that forced a 60 percent vote for Senate legislation to proceed. That filibuster was rarely used and only was applied to highly controversial legislation. McConnell applied it to all legislation and court appointments.

As a result of McConnells obstruction, the “nuclear option” was invoked on court appointments and is now the norm.

McConnell may have won his short term victories, but left a disfunctional Senate in his wake.

FFS, stop trying to use your military service for legitimacy. It is at once cowardly and obnoxious. What you said was said, in this case because Reagan had a strong foreign policy.

Stop being such a coward and a prick!

Got it, you never served nor have you ever had to put your ass on the line for this country. Yes, I DID say that going to the USO (among other places where US servicemembers hung out) made me nervous and that I had to keep my head on a swivel and look out for things that might be out of place. Why? Because I didn't want to get blown up, which is what was happening when Reagan was pissing off a lot of other countries. Reagan sucked, and I have no problem saying that, as I served under his crappy leadership. Are you pissed that I served and you didn't? Is that why you denigrate my service?

McConnell lies. The clear example of this is denying Obama Supreme court nominee from ever making to the senate for a vote. Claiming the people should decide with 10 months to go. Yet with Trump he had only 2 months to go. Instead of waiting for the voting results he pushed it thru. Smart on his part but still it does not make him a great leader but a white man that speaks with fork tongue.

Still he has some redeeming qualities as he has accepted Trumps defeat with a sigh of relief.

Forum List

Back